ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2, COLDPLAY, RADIOHEAD, ARE ALL BETTER Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
24th March 2006 11:52 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:
YOU ALL NEED TO GET A LIFE, AND LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC

See what too much breast milk does to you...
24th March 2006 11:52 AM
CraigP First off: PFFFFTTTT!!!!

Secondly U2 SUCKS and you do too!

Coldplay is lacklusture and has some pretty bad/boring songs. There are a few half-decent tracks off of their first album, Parachutes, (NOT the radio singles we've all come to know and love) heh.

RADIOHEAD is about the only half-intelligent thing that has to do with you. I respect them, seen em live. They are a very talented band with an amazing lead singer/writer/environmentalist etc... (Thom Yorke).

NONE and I mean NONE of those bands you mentioned put together could touch THE ROLLING FUCKING STONES!

If you like Coldplay and, even worse, U2 I say to each his own. But when you come on posting absolute shit on a site like that where you don't belong, my advice to you is to get a life, pal.

You don't deserve to live in a placed where you are allowed the luxury of hearing such a sound as the Stones produce.

Sure they are old. You will be too... That's unless a Stones fan kills ya

Stay deaf Ponyboy, stay deaf.
24th March 2006 12:04 PM
PeerQueer I shall kick the dog in your honor...
24th March 2006 12:06 PM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I shall kick the dog in your honor...

24th March 2006 12:41 PM
glencar I did like Yellow when it came out & I still do. Grand song.
24th March 2006 12:50 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Joey wrote:

_________

Joey, I sat staring at those things for nearly 20 minutes...then I had to relieve myself.

I do love a nice set of...chairs.
24th March 2006 12:51 PM
glencar There's a pic of a nice blonde boy's ass for you on the Jostorm thread. Thank me later!
24th March 2006 12:54 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:

This guy (girl??) has to sleep with nude pictures of James Blunt, Fred Durst and Bono under their bed.
24th March 2006 01:07 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
There's a pic of a nice blonde boy's ass for you on the Jostorm thread. Thank me later!

Silly glencar - I get turn down more T&A in a month than you have scored in your lifetime!

Don't let your "angry inch" status sour your outlook on life!
24th March 2006 01:08 PM
glencar Geez, try to help a guy & he gets all huffy!
24th March 2006 01:54 PM
highwire Coldplay has about as much edge as a cold fart.
They are good for rounding out MOR radio play lists.
No kid's mother ever threatned to take away his ColdPlay records.
Coldplay/Lame same word. In fact shouldn't this board have names like Coldplay, programmed as an obscenity to be automatically filtered out.
24th March 2006 02:04 PM
jb Funny thread...glad to see you all come to the boys defense as I always do..it's one thing for "us" to ctiicise, but we round up the wagons when an "outsider" attacks....keep up the fine work, and remeber, Stones is bigger than all of us..
24th March 2006 02:10 PM
nankerphelge I really would love to know what possesses these pinheads to come here to RO and register a user name only to make the "Stones are old they suck" post.

What a stupid fuck!

24th March 2006 02:10 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
highwire wrote:
No kid's mother ever threatned to take away his ColdPlay records.

Now that's quality posting. I'm sure Joey would give you the rest of the day off...
24th March 2006 02:12 PM
glencar Yeah, if he had any power...
24th March 2006 02:14 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I really would love to know what possesses these pinheads to come here to RO and register a user name only to make the "Stones are old they suck" post.

What a stupid fuck!

Hello nanker....................bah, bah!!!
24th March 2006 02:15 PM
glencar Afternoon shit - check!
24th March 2006 02:24 PM
nankerphelge Howdy jb!!!
24th March 2006 02:26 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Howdy jb!!!

Talking to Pug this morning and pulled over on I-595 near lauderdale airport for 70 in a 50 and no registration.......truly humiliating!!! Fucker got me by radar!!!
24th March 2006 02:27 PM
glencar Joshy, I got parking tix in Chicago & Philly. I ain't paying!
24th March 2006 02:28 PM
nankerphelge The radar gun was not calibrated.

Of that, I am certain!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
24th March 2006 02:31 PM
Joey " gun was not calibrated. "

24th March 2006 02:32 PM
jb I actually will not even go to court and waste 2 hrs of my time....I have a guy with one of those "ticket clinics" and for $99 he goes and pleads no lo contendre resulitng in no points, no driving school, and simply payment of court costs..
24th March 2006 02:50 PM
glencar I shouldn't even type this but I haven't ahd a speeding ticky in over a year & a half. Last one was in rural Virginia by some homocop who didn't know his ass from his elbow. But he knew a NY plate when he saw one. Punk!
24th March 2006 02:53 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I shouldn't even type this but I haven't ahd a speeding ticky in over a year & a half. Last one was in rural Virginia by some homocop who didn't know his ass from his elbow. But he knew a NY plate when he saw one. Punk!

You have had bad experiences with gay people!!!
24th March 2006 03:10 PM
glencar LOL Only on message boards!
24th March 2006 05:41 PM
Paranoid_Android Well, I have no idea who Coldplay are except that one of them is now reffered to as Mr Paltrow...

RADIOHEAD?!? You are so fucking right to put them into the same catagory as the Stones...Better? Apples and mangos in my book...2 different bands, into 2 different worlds w/ 2 different attitudes both equally great.

U2? They have bored me for the last 10 years or so...ACHTUNG BABY is their EXILE, STICKY, BEGGERS, all in one...truely a GREAT album...I also love ZOOROPA...and I know I am in the minority, even in the U2 camp...if Bono would take a step back and SHUT THE FUCK UP, have a sense of humour, and be a rock and roll star for just a few days...he could possiblybe in the same airport as the stones...although in different terminals, ( a refference to carring their luggage)
24th March 2006 06:10 PM
Prodigal Son U2 had a shelf life of about 10 years before they became very tedious and boring. Like how the Stones settled into a more commercial, vapid (but sometimes still great) groove after Exile. But U2 after Achtung Baby became like that except worse. "Sometimes You Can't Make it Alone"? WTF is that shit? U2 is stuck in their Undercover of the Night/Dirty Work/Steel Wheels phase. But I'd take any song off of those 3 (well except "Back to Zero," "Winning Ugly") to "Sometimes You Can't.." Guess it's not long before they go back to their punk/new wave roots (like Voodoo Lounge was more roosty for the Stones in 94).

Coldplay. I'd find them annoying and rather inoffensive if they weren't so popular. Has there been one lasting, good British rock band that has emerged and made it big in the US since the 80s new wave/punk era? Oasis had a good run but didn't last and lots of other good British bands have never been accepted by the US market. But now this? Coldplay? Radiohead lite made cheerier for tasteless romantics! Now a wave of copycats in this new trend I call "America's Love of pussy music from England" like James Blunt. There can only be more on the way, I fear. You good rock-loving Brits must be ashamed sometimes.

I have cousins from England and they were surprised and a little dismayed when I told them how over here in North America no one listens to music from overseas unless it's mellow and wussy like Coldplay. Would Coldplay be declared "the biggest band from England" if they were only popular in their own country? I'm not sure, maybe somebody can shed light on that subject. I only like a handful of their songs. None of them are from this U2 contemporary adult rock ripoff X & Y. I think A Rush of Blood to the Head is also soupy mush although "Clocks" is overblown but energetic so I can stand it.

Parachutes is their only worthwhile thing and even that is boring at times (that annoying "Yellow" song was a hint to what they'd become and wouldn't you know it, dumbass North Americans made that their crossover hit). I dig stuff like "Trouble," "Don't Panic" and "Shiver," with the rest being bland to decent. You see, at one time Coldplay was a slightly folky, introspective group that sounded somewhat hyper-sensetive. So as long as they could learn not to be one-dimensional I saw them as being capable of being a top band in the vein of Radiohead. Well, they messed thar up.

Radiohead is the real deal when it comes to this paranoid type of music. Their first album was kind of a product of its time, the pity-me grunge age. The Bends an expansion on that, but I found it rather silly, cluttered and overrated outside of a few tunes. OK Computer is their best work (like a modern Pink Floyd which all the "classic rock" fans seem to think is the barometer of greatness all of a sudden), but Kid A is their most adventurous. You gotta be in the right mood for Radiohead.

Hail to the Theif proved they can rock again, but Amnesia and Kid A were just beyond weird. Kid A is preferable to about 80% of Floyd's work, IMO. It doesn't rely on sound effects, acid nightmares or pretentious preaching from Roger Waters. You just get a vivid, naked layout of Thom Yorke; sensetive, moody, interested in the dark and disturbing but with a kind of emotional detachment that's quite effective. Call it psychedelic techno rock, if you like. It's in the electronic tradition of Eno, which some say is something different from rock altogether. It has its artistic merit. But it can't match the Stones greatest work, IMO.
25th March 2006 08:09 PM
Paranoid_Android Prodigal Son says:

Call it(Radiohead's music) psychedelic techno rock, if you like. It's in the electronic tradition of Eno, which some say is something different from rock altogether. It has its artistic merit.

U2's BEST work was the ENO produced stuff...truly great stuff...also U2 has the BEST remixed singles...wish the stones did more of that...I love club/dance remixes...the stones have a few...but they aren't all that...U2's remixes are (arguably) the best in the biz...I enjoy them about 90% of the time.
26th March 2006 03:52 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)