ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2, COLDPLAY, RADIOHEAD, ARE ALL BETTER Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
23rd March 2006 09:46 PM
STONESAREOLD YOU ALL NEED TO GET A LIFE, AND LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC
23rd March 2006 09:50 PM
malja316 Well, you obviously are a born loser who is striving for attention because you have to come overhere and be a jerkoff! Who cares what you think is better! BTW, Coldplay sucks! The sooner you realize that, the better the world will be! I have one word to describe Radiohead...overrated! So my friend, G.F.Y.!
[Edited by malja316]
23rd March 2006 09:53 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:
YOU ALL NEED TO GET A LIFE, AND LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC

Image hosting by Photobucket

23rd March 2006 09:55 PM
MrPleasant "(U2), these guys are from England and who gives a shit?"
23rd March 2006 10:32 PM
Taptrick
From the movie 40 year old virgin: " You know how I know your're gay..............you listen to Coldplay."

23rd March 2006 10:41 PM
the good
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:

The bands you mentioned would be lucky to carry the Stones luggage. Hell, maybe if they did 1/1000th of Mick and Keith's talent would rub off on them.
23rd March 2006 11:10 PM
pdog U2 is the best out of that lot, and the only ones who at least try to sound like a rock band...
Radiohead...Coldplay... I'd throw my kids out on the street for listening to them. They're lame... Too bad Bono takes after elvis and not Mick, homeboy better go carb free or he's gonna go all Mick Taylor on us.
24th March 2006 12:58 AM
voodoopug
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:

enemies list:
Bono
STONESAREOLD
Cafe Hostess Jill
24th March 2006 05:08 AM
corgi37 There is only 1 true way to resolve this.

Send in nude photos of each other, with "Corgi is the king" written across the breasts, and we will decide who is who and what is what.

24th March 2006 06:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:

24th March 2006 06:42 AM
Bruno
If a man likes that song Coldplay song "Fix You", he is gay.
24th March 2006 06:46 AM
Bruno
I can´t stand Chris Martin singing with that little girl voice.
24th March 2006 06:48 AM
Break The Spell Wow, yet another troll starved for attention. You should also add the likes of Five For Fighting and Limp Bizkit to your list og "good" music. Yep, the age of a musician has everything to do with how good they are, you're like soooooo smart!! Now piss off....
24th March 2006 09:00 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Break, I'll give Radiohead credit for "Karma Police" and "Creep." I like a couple of U2 songs -- "Angel of Harlem," "Stuck in a Moment," "Desire," "Sunday Bloody Sunday," and "When love comes to Town."
And as you know, I have a soft spot for nu metal, although I couldn't name you one Bizkit song.

But Coldplay just BLOWS.
[Edited by nanatod]

Sadly I know many Bizkit songs, as it was all that was played on many stations here from 98-02, you know that one where they just say "Keep rollin' rollin' rollin'" about 600 times in through the whole song?? If not, consider yourself lucky. Glad you see the light on coldplay, the only thing their good for is curing insomnia.
24th March 2006 09:14 AM
nanatod Break, I've never, ever liked Coldplay, although I used to hear about them all the time from Chicago rock critics when the band used to play small clubs before they got big.

I will not see them live, even if they play my beloved Lollapalooza.
24th March 2006 09:18 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Break, I've never, ever liked Coldplay, although I used to hear about them all the time from Chicago rock critics when the band used to play small clubs before they got big.

I will not see them live, even if they play my beloved Lollapalooza.

If they do play there, you can always take an extended bathroom break and go get some food. Coldplay's set could be your "intermission".
24th March 2006 09:21 AM
nanatod Break, just so we are clear, in my opinion, here are the four worst bands of all time in no particular order:

The Scissor Girls
Tortoise (but not, Gastr del Sol)
Adrian Belew's backing band, The Bears
Coldplay

REM used to be on this list, but I have reclassified some of their (older) material as listenable.
24th March 2006 09:24 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Break, just so we are clear, in my opinion, here are the four worst bands of all time in no particular order:

The Scissor Girls
Tortoise (but not, Gastr del Sol)
Adrian Belew's backing band, The Bears
Coldplay

REM used to be on this list, but I have reclassified some of their (older) material as listenable.

Funny, I forgot all about The Bears. About 15 years ago, they did a free show here for an annual late summer festival. They were quite boring. They got a bit of airplay for "Aches And Pains" but they were never to be heard from again. Don't think I ever heard Tortoise, Coldplay & "Scissor Girls" are self explainatory.
24th March 2006 10:17 AM
Jumacfly a newbie mentionning U2, coldplay and radiohead should be forced to spend a hot hot night with Matt Clifford.
24th March 2006 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
a newbie mentionning U2, coldplay and radiohead should be forced to spend a hot hot night with Matt Clifford.

Good morning Juma .......

What we drinking this evening ?!?!

Heinekens ?!?!

" Jaggerbombs " ?!?!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty

Skittles Joe ! ®
24th March 2006 10:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

Good morning Juma .......

What we drinking this evening ?!?!

Heinekens ?!?!

" Jaggerbombs " ?!?!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty

Skittles Joe ! ®

Hi baby Joey

Wine for me. Im going to the restaurant (morrocan) with 7 girls tonight including a beautiful young mum that gives me the thrills!!

Will be a hot hot night, but no Matt Clifford or Coldplay , thank you lord.

what about you??
24th March 2006 10:53 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:

excellent first post!

24th March 2006 10:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Im going to the restaurant (morrocan) with 7 girls tonight

How'd you manage that?
24th March 2006 10:57 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

enemies list:
Bono
STONESAREOLD
Cafe Hostess Jill

like moses from down the mount

here it is ladies and gentlemen

the enemies list!

get your copy today
24th March 2006 10:58 AM
nanatod
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:

S.A.O., good music ALWAYS includes the Stones, and also includes a couple of newer bands/musicians.
Here is my top ten: 1. Pixies 2. Soul Asylum 3. Deep Purple 4. The Clash 5. Rolling Stones 6. Bob Dylan and the Band 7. Los Lobos before the anglo joined 8. Neil Young electric 9. The Black Crowes 10. Temple of the Dog
24th March 2006 11:00 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

How'd you manage that?

my dear Alex

those girls are working with me, one of them is leaving us to join another office so tonight we re going to drink to her health!

do you wanna come or do you date Slavegirl tonight???

24th March 2006 11:05 AM
Joey " Wine for me. Im going to the restaurant (morrocan) with 7 girls tonight including a beautiful young mum that gives me the thrills!! "

Oh , Juma ......... that is LOVELY !!!!!!!!

Please give each of those beautiful women a kiss for me .

No wine this evening as it has been a very looooong work week and I am in need of some serious " Pub Time " !!!!

Word .

Jacky !

24th March 2006 11:06 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:

Welcome to the Rocks Off Forum.
Unfortunately, the U2 forum would
like you back now. Please report
to Bono immediately.

Bye.

SV

24th March 2006 11:06 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

my dear Alex

those girls are working with me, one of them is leaving us to join another office so tonight we re going to drink to her health!

do you wanna come or do you date Slavegirl tonight???

Oh, so it's a leaving do. I understand now!

I'd go, but I don't think I have enough money for the Eurostar train tonight! Yeah, I guess I'll have to date Slavegirl tonight instead!

24th March 2006 11:27 AM
Break The Spell [quote]nanatod wrote:
I'm surprised you haven't heard of Tortoise, due to ex-member David Pajo's Louisville roots. Also, Pajo is boring when he plays as "M" or "Papa M" or whatever his band name is this week.

The Scissor Girls are not the (British?) Scissor Sisters. The Scissor Girls were a three piece from Chicago, led by a Middleastern American female (art student?) named Azita. The free show I saw at the record store/label that used to be at Chicago and Damen Avenues (which label name I can't remember) just kept going on and on and on. They wouldn't stop playing their atonal mush, and in those days, I didn't leave free shows early.
[Edited by nanatod]

No, never heard of David Pajo either. louisville and lexington both have pretty strong local music scenes, so it don't surprise me I might not have heard of a musician that originated from there. Every time I see a band play there, there's always new local bands popping up I never heard of before. That scissor Girls gig sounded painful!!
[Edited by Break The Spell]
[Edited by Break The Spell]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)