ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If You Hate Tom Cruise... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd March 2006 08:20 PM
glencar http://youtube.com/watch?v=SSj9gc36Bw8&search=scientology
22nd March 2006 08:23 PM
deuce Tom Cruise is a wanker
22nd March 2006 09:07 PM
mac_daddy apparently, he said that he would do ZERO promotion for mi3 if comedy central aired that episode again (viacom owns paramount and comedy central)

so they yanked the episode when it was due to air last wednesday...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
22nd March 2006 09:21 PM
the good Scientology is a fraudulent religion that was founded by a mentally ill liar.
22nd March 2006 09:35 PM
lotsajizz that 'Millenium' episode about 'Selfosophy' summed them up well.....
22nd March 2006 09:51 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
the good wrote:
Scientology is a fraudulent religion that was founded by a mentally ill liar.

I believe his name was Mo. Ron Hubbard. Wrote Battlefield Earth (there was a great movie, n'est-ce pas John Travolta?) as well as Dianetics (which I call Diarrhea-netics).

A pseudo-religion for people who have more money than brains!
22nd March 2006 10:43 PM
pdog Tom Cruise isn't even worth bashing...
23rd March 2006 12:33 AM
PeerQueer It is a considerable tax shelter...

(Trust me on this one - oh I do know, yes I most certainly do)
23rd March 2006 03:50 AM
Angiegirl The episode has been aired last year already, and apparantly all the stories of Scientology control over South Park are exaggerated or untrue.

That being said, Tom is a nutjob, he should go back to the planet he came from, damn alien.

BTW, the credits at the end are funny as well .
23rd March 2006 06:45 AM
Break The Spell Thats the episode that caused "Chef" to leave!! Either way, one of the funnier episodes of that show in the past year or two.
23rd March 2006 07:54 AM
rollmops Since I saw Tom cruise "loose" on TV during an interview with Matt Lauher, I believe he is nuts. He raved and ranted lot of nonsense about psychology not saying anything beside the fact that he could read a book. I am not a religious person although I respect people's decisions to believe in whatever they want but scientology seems to be the weirdest of all of them. Xenu, volcanoes, thetans etc... What the fuck??????
Mops
23rd March 2006 08:25 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
The episode has been aired last year already,

right, but it likely willnever air again, for the reasons i stated above - mi3 is a bigger money maker for viacom than comedy central will ever be...
23rd March 2006 08:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I do not hate Tom Cruise. He's just a big bore like the Eagles, that's all. The guy can't act imo, he belongs on a daytime soap opera rather than the Big Screen.
23rd March 2006 08:36 AM
FPM C10
quote:
the good wrote:
Scientology is a fraudulent religion that was founded by a mentally ill liar.

That describes ALL religions, doesn't it?
23rd March 2006 10:01 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Tom Cruise isn't even worth bashing...

LOL Well, Scientology certainly takes it on the chin. I had no idea what this whole scheme was all about. Now it's become clearer!
23rd March 2006 10:32 AM
FPM C10 From BBC Online:

South Park gets revenge on Chef

Isaac Hayes did not participate in the new episode
South Park has exacted revenge on its former star Isaac Hayes by turning his character Chef into a paedophile and seemingly killing him off.
The opening episode of the 10th series, screened in the US on Wednesday, appeared to be a satire on Scientology.

Hayes, a Scientologist, quit the animated comedy after a different episode ridiculed the religion.

In the new show, Chef is brainwashed by the "Super Adventure Club" - thought to be a veiled reference to Scientology.

The other characters are angry at "that fruity little club for scrambling his brains".

Patched together

Hayes did not participate in the episode but his lines were apparently patched together from previous recordings.

Chef arrives after travelling the world with the Super Adventure Club and repeatedly tells the children he wants to "make sweet love" to them.

The children take him to a psychiatrist and then a strip club, where he remembers his love for women and is cured.

But he is brainwashed by the Super Adventure Club again - before falling off a bridge and being burned, stabbed and mauled by a lion and a grizzly bear.

'Hurt and confused'

At his funeral, one of the children says: "A lot of us don't agree with the choices the Chef has made in the last few days.

"Some of us feel hurt and confused that he seemed to turn his back on us.

"But we can't let the events of the past few weeks take away the memories of how Chef made us smile."

Isaac Hayes was admitted to hospital with exhaustion in January
Soul singer Hayes recently announced he had left the show because of its "intolerance and bigotry toward religious beliefs".

But co-creator Matt Stone said: "In 10 years and over 150 episodes of South Park, Isaac never had a problem with the show making fun of Christians, Muslim, Mormons or Jews.

"He got a sudden case of religious sensitivity when it was his religion featured on the show."

US TV network Comedy Central then pulled a different episode, which mocked Tom Cruise and more explicitly lampooned Scientology.

That prompted rumours that Cruise had demanded that the episode be dropped, which were denied by his representatives.

23rd March 2006 10:40 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

That describes ALL religions, doesn't it?

Beautiful !

Fleabit ........

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently and sweetly stroke your young , moist , sweaty , glistening , GLISTENING young Fleabit forehead and just say , ...... well !!!! ... " Thanks " for beings ......... well's ....... you's !

23rd March 2006 10:47 AM
glencar L. Ron was supposedly a ped. Maybe he can tour with the Who in Heaven tour?
23rd March 2006 11:23 AM
jb people call jews cheap, yet my experience is we spend more money than most, and simply are educated consumers...I have many non-jewish friends that are so cheap, that I have to leave extra money on the table when we eat out...cheap and non-jewish...
23rd March 2006 11:26 AM
Joey " yet my experience is we spend more money than most, and simply are educated consumers...I have many non-jewish friends that are so cheap, that I have to leave extra money on the table when we eat out...cheap and non-jewish... "

It has been my experience that the most successful United States Presidents ( eight full years in office ) surrounded themselves with Jews .

" Everybody knows that Jews are the smartest individuals on the planet Ronnie ! "

Joey Cohen !
23rd March 2006 11:29 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
But co-creator Matt Stone said: "In 10 years and over 150 episodes of South Park, Isaac never had a problem with the show making fun of Christians, Muslim, Mormons or Jews.

"He got a sudden case of religious sensitivity when it was his religion featured on the show."

Its another case of "don't dish it out if you can't take it yourself". Its sad what religion does to some. I personally liked Chef's character, be interesting to see what the show will be like without him.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
23rd March 2006 11:34 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" yet my experience is we spend more money than most, and simply are educated consumers...I have many non-jewish friends that are so cheap, that I have to leave extra money on the table when we eat out...cheap and non-jewish... "

It has been my experience that the most successful United States Presidents ( eight full years in office ) surrounded themselves with Jews .

" Everybody knows that Jews are the smartest individuals on the planet Ronnie ! "

Joey Cohen !

Donald Fagen is a very smart musician!!!
23rd March 2006 11:35 AM
glencar Russ Feingold is Jewish & he's running for Prez!
23rd March 2006 11:42 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Russ Feingold is Jewish & he's running for Prez!

Sadly, my party(that of FDR, Truman, Kennedy and Clinton) will not make up any ground in either the mid-term or 2008 Prez election as we have no message other than "w" fucked up. I love Hilary, but she will never get morte than 43% of the vote..........We are a party like a ship adrift on the ocean....we simply stand for nothing ...While Bush. imo, has totally screwed up the war, the economy, and most importantly the Sup Court(we pussy dems refused to use the filibuster for fear of thrt "nuclear option'), he is consistent and steadfast in his misguided policies..Americans, like decisive ness..even if it's wrong!!
23rd March 2006 11:44 AM
glencar Good post except the nuclear option was essentially taken off the table in that earlier deal that the Dems crowed about & the cons grumbled about. As in life, in politics one should be careful what one wishes for.
23rd March 2006 11:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
As in life, in politics one should be careful what one wishes for.

I wish Tip O'Neill were still alive and Speaker of The House.
23rd March 2006 11:50 AM
Joey " We are a party like a ship adrift on the ocean....we simply stand for nothing ...While Bush. imo, has totally screwed up the war, the economy, and most importantly the Sup Court(we pussy dems refused to use the filibuster for fear of thrt "nuclear option'), he is consistent and steadfast in his misguided policies..Americans, like decisive ness..even if it's wrong!!
[/quote]

The DEMS do NOT have to do ANYTHING .

The decision by this President to go into Iraq was the SINGLE biggest foreign policy blunder by ANY leader of ANY nation in the History of the WORLD !

" It is going to bankrupt us all Ronnie ! "

J. " Snuggle to the Joe " Fly !
23rd March 2006 11:51 AM
glencar Sniggles indeed. Nam would better fit your description.
23rd March 2006 11:55 AM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, my party(that of FDR, Truman, Kennedy and Clinton) will not make up any ground in either the mid-term or 2008 Prez election as we have no message other than "w" fucked up. ..Americans, like decisive ness..even if it's wrong!!

Astute post, my Jewish buddy. It makes no sense, but there ya go, as they say...it always struck me as a case of the choice between a guy who is definitely driving the bus toward a cliff as opposed to a guy who isn't quite sure which way to go to get away from the cliff - I would opt for the latter any day.

23rd March 2006 11:57 AM
glencar Luckily some of us have enough in life not to worry about buses going over cliffs...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)