ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dare I ask??? All those insider-jokes ... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
26th March 2006 01:01 AM
Riffhard Couchie chat right friggin now pdog!

Riffy
26th March 2006 01:17 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Couchie chat right friggin now pdog!

Riffy

Oh shit...
26th March 2006 01:16 PM
Starbuck riffy...a few more inaccuracies to point out ...

quote:
For example did you know that more people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined? Crazy fact.

this is misguided. there are probably more people in minneapolis today than there were in all of spain in the 15th century. i could be wrong about that, but i know the world population then was about 350 million, now its well over six billion. of course more people are going to be killed now: there's billions of more people.

quote:
That is that because of their bizzare adhearence to a 12th century ideology of Sharia they have become convinced that they must "cleanse" the world of infidels.

this is also inaccurate. at first they don't want to cleanse the world of infidels. they wanted to cleanse the middle east of infidels. there is a big difference. the west has been fucking around in ME affairs for a hundred years now. if britain in the early 20th century and now the US didn't come to their neck of the woods and say, "OK..iraq...this dicator has to be overthrown and we're imposing our political systems on you now....saudi arabia...we are going to station our foreign troops in your country which you all love...basically, we're going to meddle in your affairs and make your decisions for you."

26th March 2006 01:19 PM
Starbuck this....

...is perhaps the funniest thing i've ever seen.

i just had to change my underwear because i wet my pants.
26th March 2006 02:11 PM
sirmoonie So how fucking dumb is that liberal, big government George Walker Bush III?

He is retarded, and so is anyone who continues to support his useless phoney Eastern faggit prep school "educated" ass.

I can prove it.
26th March 2006 02:26 PM
Riffhard Pdog has really got a genuine talent for his new photoshop tool! Very funny stuff!

Bucky the bit in my post concering the Spanish Inquisition can be verified by this link--->http://www.crisismagazine.com/octob...2003/madden.htm It's an interesting aritcle,although a bit long. However,as a history fan you will,no doubt,find it a fascinating read. It was written by Thomas F. Madden an associate professor of History at Saint Louis University. Check it out.

As for the goal of Islamists. Well this worldwide "cleansing of the infidels" is supported by many Islamic websites. In fact Al Jezzirah has reported it many times. So too has the Irainian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stated this goal openly. Remeber that the Law of Sharia states that the good Muslim must reconquer the ancient lands of the Moors. That,of course,would include most of Europe. No doubt their first objective is the ouster of Western influence inside the Middle East. However,the ultimate goal is far more sinister. They openly state that they want the world to be rid of modern sociatal changes that they feel have relegated them to second class citizens in many places around the world.They can't seem to accept the fact that their own backwards worldveiw,and a slew of corrupt despots have kept them down for years. Remember it was the US oil industry that has proped up the economies of much of the Middle Eaast for the better part of a century. Yet the leaders of these feifdoms are not too quick to share this wealth. Hence a strong resentment towards the West is the result. This resentment is reinforced by those in power to deflect critisim of their own ineptitude and greed. Sure there has been alot of US,and Western self interest as well,but if not for the US oil barrons the Middle East would be exporting dates,figs,and sand. Can't very well build an economy on that!

Riffy
26th March 2006 02:32 PM
jostorm Hey, Riffy. Don't know about you, but I just checked in the mirror, amd my face has developed a most distinctive blue hue.....Perhaps we should drop it, so that Maxlugar can come back and play with us again??? And no more people fall under the table out of sheer boredom??? It's really nice to know we can agree to disagree in a fairly amicable way ...Oh , and may I have a short piece of reading (poetry or fiction, I don't really mind either way) emaileds as mp3 file, so I can check if Starbucks and I mean the same thing when we say someone "has a sexy voice"???

And may I please take this opportunity to suggest pdog for a "Rocks Off Award" for the mere fact that he kept us laughing throughout all this stuff???? I've run out of knickers already...You're a star!

Just read a long piece on Bill Gates. I was aware of the fact that he gave 5 billion $ to charity last year. Which perhaps makes some think : "oh well, so what, he has a shitload of money just the same"..But what I didn't know is that he actually founded a charity organization together with his wife, that has an endowment of 29 billion $, and whose aim it is to eradicate disease worldwide, and especially in the Third World...HIV, Malaria, TB,lymphatic filariasis, shistosomiasis, river-blindness, sleeping sickness, etc, plus a lot of those simple childhood diseases we take for granted that our children are vaccinated against....If you bear in mind that the whole WHO yearly budget is just 1.5 billion$, you suddenly see how much he is doing, I find it absolutely amazing, what a nice chap! And WITHOUT any of the pretentious song and dance Bono does whenever he attempts anything ( please excuse me while I go for a quick puke)...
I think that I shall never again "cheat" and borrow Microsoft products , but purposefully buy them instead from now on!

If I knew that the Stones gave at least a small percentage of their wealth in the same manner, I think I would stop resenting the ticket prices they charge and stop bitching altogether.....Not that being a philantropist is an obligatory thing at all, and who knows how much they really do personally give to charities without publicising it, but they simply come across to me as immensely greedy....
26th March 2006 03:04 PM
Riffhard Cheers Jo!

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)