ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Urban Landscape - Acapulco at night April 2005
© 2035 Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I've got a very good feeling about this Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
March 24th, 2005 09:29 PM
corgi37 Yeah, but Dylan is a much smaller touring unit. Like Neil Young. A Stones road trip is a huge operation. Thats the way they like it (shit, they INVENTED touring!) and it aint gonna change.

They cant be everywhere at once. Who in their right fucking mind would play Fargo, Idaho, Red Lake, or Hazzard County, instead of say, Melbourne, Sydney Brisbane or Twin Towns Leagues Club? - Where i met Des O'Connor and where Max Bygraves virtually lives! hahaha.

Whatever happens, you can bet all ya'll bony asses (or fat) that the dvd/pay-per-view will be from the U.S.

I would like to see Rio as the dvd of the tour. Though, i know we are talking a few years down the track. But, for fucks sake, does the world need another lame Madison Square Garden show?

I'm rambling now, so, bye-bye.
March 24th, 2005 10:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Yeah, but Dylan is a much smaller touring unit. Like Neil Young. A Stones road trip is a huge operation. Thats the way they like it (shit, they INVENTED touring!) and it aint gonna change.

They cant be everywhere at once. Who in their right fucking mind would play Fargo, Idaho, Red Lake, or Hazzard County, instead of say, Melbourne, Sydney Brisbane or Twin Towns Leagues Club? - Where i met Des O'Connor and where Max Bygraves virtually lives! hahaha.

Whatever happens, you can bet all ya'll bony asses (or fat) that the dvd/pay-per-view will be from the U.S.

I would like to see Rio as the dvd of the tour. Though, i know we are talking a few years down the track. But, for fucks sake, does the world need another lame Madison Square Garden show?

I'm rambling now, so, bye-bye.

Its about time Chicago was used for a video release...we can only hang on to the version of Start Me Up on Still Life for so long as our claim to stones official release fame
March 25th, 2005 04:24 AM
Gazza I still have Stones fan magazines from some time ago where their upcoming album had been described and hyped as "quite possibly the best thing they've ever done".

The album in question was "Dirty Work".

'Nuff said.
March 25th, 2005 04:43 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I still have Stones fan magazines from some time ago where their upcoming album had been described and hyped as "quite possibly the best thing they've ever done".

The album in question was "Dirty Work".

'Nuff said.

I agree there. Every album since Some Girls was supposed to be the best since...well, Some girls.

However, (and this is a big however), it does really seem they have been taking their time and working this album up more than any I can remember. And I have been following The Rolling Stones for decades. If they do not produce something substantial this time I am afraid our Rolling Stones have truly run their coarse as far as high end studio efforts.

Ian
March 25th, 2005 05:21 AM
Poplar
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
If they do not produce something substantial this time I am afraid our Rolling Stones have truly run their coarse as far as high end studio efforts.

Ian

No, they HAVE run their course. period. a good album now could noly be seen as getting 'back on course.'

I don't mean to sound coarse, mind you.

March 25th, 2005 05:40 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Poplar wrote:

No, they HAVE run their course. period. a good album now could noly be seen as getting 'back on course.'

I don't mean to sound coarse, mind you.

Nahhh. Poplar, have some faith here. And look at the last few Stones releases. Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon were undoubtably two of the best albums in their year of release. And even today both are pretty darn good albums. What eles does anyone want?

Back on coarse in their 60's? When is the end of the coarse
2050? On coarse meaning as they have like 4 or 5 albums left in them? Just curious Poplar.

Ian

March 25th, 2005 09:21 AM
SirMuddy Anybody listen to the Wingless Angels...
Last Keith MegaOutput...
Y'know what?
It rocks like hell
If you don't believe me
you don't know anything about music
Loosing my touch is a rocker mood
It means fuck you up with your greatest hits package
that's what I wanna sing
He put his heart on the stage
Even if it's not Pop or made for the redneck
It's music, it's freedom

btw nice thread Riffhard,
Yep VL is Exile Revisited
Ain't got no expectations for the new album
just can't wait to hear and know where they are!
March 25th, 2005 09:30 AM
Scottfree I'm getting in a little late, but loved the post Riffy....Jesus loves you, and probably loved your post....
March 25th, 2005 10:02 AM
Gazza Wingless Angels is indeed a fine album. Plaudits for Keith's work on it are more from a production perspective though as opposed to a writing one.
March 25th, 2005 12:34 PM
SirMuddy You're right Gazza about the hard production work on Wingless Angels... So much nice work: Acoustic guitar, the bass, keyboard and everything sound so natural. Real nice work, as nice as "The Rolling Stones" (N0 1), "Beggars"-"Exile", "Some girls" or "Voodoo Lounge"... Anyway... PLAY IT LOUD!!!

Keith is the Wingless Angel!
Ya Man!
March 25th, 2005 03:07 PM
Poplar
"Angels" is magic. it really is.

March 25th, 2005 08:46 PM
Soldatti I only heard a couple of songs from the Wingless Angels album and is really cool stuff.
March 26th, 2005 09:02 PM
gotdablouse God nows I've been harping at new material since they seemingly gave up on that concept in the summer of 1998, but after listening to all the albums from the 70s in a row yesterday, I wonder whether they should even bother with a new album, biggest fear now is the guitar parts...good thing Mick plays a mean rythm these days, but that can't make up for Keith's relentless riffing of the 70s not to mention Taylor's phenomenal input of course.
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood