ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Urban Landscape - Acapulco at night April 2005
© 2035 Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Licks Tour Bootlegs Return to archive
March 22nd, 2005 02:04 AM
Dutch Michael D. hi everyone, i have a question about two bootlegs i've just bought, from the licks tour.

Cirkus. Stockholm (July 22nd 2003)
Fifteen Kicks (toronto club gig)

does anyone know this records ?
March 22nd, 2005 02:45 AM
Jumacfly the toronto palais royale show is a must have!
great set list, no chuck and a sharpy guitars!!

cheers
JU
March 22nd, 2005 04:03 AM
Dutch Michael D. thanks man, what about the More Stripped and Cirkus, Stockholm ???
March 22nd, 2005 04:07 AM
Jumacfly I got the cirkus too, check out "stray cat blues",one of the biggest mistake of stones history!! hilarious
March 22nd, 2005 04:17 AM
Dutch Michael D. yeah thats right, i heard that one last night, but hey that's ok man, it don't always have to be smoot and perfect y'know. great to hear that even the stones can fuck up a song, LOL
March 22nd, 2005 04:29 AM
JumpingKentFlash Great stuff on both of those you got. What version of Stockholm did you get? Crystal Cat is awesome. SFTD is AWESOME from that one.

Also Heart Of Stone from Palais. What an asskicker.
March 22nd, 2005 04:43 AM
Dutch Michael D. it's double cd, Cirkus, Stockholm. Recorded live at the Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden on Tuesday July 22nd, 2003.
March 22nd, 2005 04:47 AM
Dutch Michael D. JumpingKentFlash, do you also know More Stripped? i bought it with those other two in a small import shop
March 22nd, 2005 04:59 AM
JumpingKentFlash More Stripped? Sure I know it. It's a good bootleg, but it's better to have Stripped Companion. More Stripped is just a soundtrack really (Most of it).

Still great though.

On Circus Stockholm: What is the bootleg label of your CD??
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
March 22nd, 2005 05:04 AM
Dutch Michael D.
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
More Stripped? Sure I know it. It's a good bootleg, but it's better to have Stripped Companion. More Stripped is just a soundtrack really (Most of it).

Still great though.

On Circus Stockholm: What is the bootleg label of your CD??
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]

I don't know what the bootleg label is, it not the cd's, on the front or back or inside..
March 22nd, 2005 05:06 AM
JumpingKentFlash Circus Stockholm is in a cardboard cover (Red cover with a picture of the gig)???
March 22nd, 2005 05:09 AM
Dutch Michael D. http://www.stonesforum.nl/index.php?PHPSESSID=9f7cd2e9cb3d5d6e032fd69172acc1a3&topic=63509.0

look at the front and back below the first lines...
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]
March 22nd, 2005 05:33 AM
JumpingKentFlash I don't know that one. But it's not the Crystal Cat release. That has different artwork.
March 22nd, 2005 05:40 AM
Dutch Michael D. allright, but it's the same show and quality right? only other front and back cover
March 22nd, 2005 06:06 AM
Zack
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I got the cirkus too, check out "stray cat blues",one of the biggest mistake of stones history!! hilarious

Worse than Satisfaction from Philly 81? That whole song was one big mistake!!

I'll have to listen again tonight.
March 22nd, 2005 08:03 AM
JumpingKentFlash I don't know Dutch Michael. Not sure since I never heard it.

The thing with SCB: Jagger sings on a different beat. It's hilarious. And when the guys find out and try to catch him at the beginning of the chorus.............Hahahahahahahahaha.......So funny. It sounds worse than the RO edit on LL...
March 22nd, 2005 08:45 AM
padre
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
The thing with SCB: Jagger sings on a different beat. It's hilarious.

Mick did the same thing on Stop Breaking Down w/Robert Cray on VL tour. And they still did put that on the official video of the tour!
March 22nd, 2005 11:01 PM
Zack I listened last night. It is indeed hilarious. I don't understand why, in a situation like that, Mick doesn't just stop singing and wait for Keith to catch up. Maybe it's like: "Ah hah, you're fucking up and I'm not going to help you get out of it" competitiveness. I am sure Keith is merciless regarding Mick's performance shortcomings.
March 23rd, 2005 12:37 PM
Madafaka I'm looking for the private show in Las Vegas!
March 23rd, 2005 09:31 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Zack wrote:
I listened last night. It is indeed hilarious. I don't understand why, in a situation like that, Mick doesn't just stop singing and wait for Keith to catch up. Maybe it's like: "Ah hah, you're fucking up and I'm not going to help you get out of it" competitiveness. I am sure Keith is merciless regarding Mick's performance shortcomings.

You are right!
That's why Keith called Mick's album....Dogshit In The Doorway !!
Merciless but spot on !!!
March 24th, 2005 07:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I'm looking for the private show in Las Vegas!

we all are! Apart from Mumbai and both Singapore shows, to my knowledge that's the only "missing" show from the tour.

As it was a private, corporate event, I can't imagine too many of the slow-witted tasteless fuckers who were given free tickets to see a band they probably dont care about would have put down their cocktails and caviar for long enough to have switched on a tape recorder.
March 24th, 2005 09:20 AM
Madafaka Yeah Gazza, but we must wait... You never know!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood