ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Urban Landscape - Acapulco at night April 2005
© 2035 Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: oh no!! another school shooting!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 21st, 2005 08:14 PM
kath dammit!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=601887
March 21st, 2005 10:23 PM
Angiegirl That's horrible. Guns should be better guarded and much harder to come by. Damn.
March 21st, 2005 11:04 PM
kath well, you know the NRA says we should all have them....still ANOTHER reason to bail the hell outta this place!!!
March 21st, 2005 11:07 PM
glencar Sorry, kath, but one thing we all learned from "Bowling For Columbine" was that Canada has as many guns as us but not nearly as many shootings. There's more to it than gun control. Still, this is a crazy event & it looks like the killer is also dead.
March 21st, 2005 11:36 PM
kath well, i wasn't thinking about canada, actually. but another very fucked up person. lots of innocent people dead. very tragic.
March 21st, 2005 11:37 PM
kath i wish when i changed avatars it wouldn't change every avatar i've ever used...just started a new one....my cyclops was made by a friend of mine...but i like that dog with the three er....balls....
[Edited by kath]
March 22nd, 2005 12:26 AM
Poplar
why is this a thread topic?
March 22nd, 2005 01:10 AM
beer
quote:
Poplar wrote:

why is this a thread topic?

Agree.
March 22nd, 2005 04:32 AM
JumpingKentFlash Oh no. Another shooting??? That's so horrible.
March 22nd, 2005 04:53 AM
Dutch Michael D. sad sad sad, too bad that there are still some folls over there that haven't learned anything about the last 100 or so shootings at schools, those americans they'll never learn it...
March 22nd, 2005 05:55 AM
corgi37 Something is very wrong in the U.S.

Is it the people? The expectations? The alienation? What?

Whatever, not a good mix for guns. Not his guns sure.

But not locked up either.

Over here (and we do it every fucking day in our little high class suburb) we check on gun-owners. Aint locked up properly? You lose them! I'm talking ex-cops, army guys, collectors - gone.

You got an intervention order?

Gone.

How are people getting access??

More importantly, why?

Idiots will argue if everyone was armed, this wouldnt have happened.

Meanwhile, left - right will have a field day. Might take attention from that poor bitch on life support for 15 years.

Man, get it together over there!

Stop worrying about Castro, or the towel heads, and look after your own.

I see George W cant wait to cut welfare, while giving tax cuts to the rich.

Good move. Good move.

And in 20 years, China wont even bother to bail you guys out.

Such a wonderful country, with such wonderful people. But, bloody hell, something is wrong in paradise. U.S. aint isolated, we all know that (Pt Arthur here, dont forget) but at least we did something about it.

And we dont have armed gun-loving fuckers pouring millions into right-wing candidates and getting to become a powerful lobby group.

The U.S. can be armed to the teeth. It's every persons right (Well, MAN'S right) to own firearms. Hell, everyone MUST own a gun in some shit pot towns. Aint no one gonna get ya's. Sure. King George aint gonna ride in and take your house. Aint no invasion necessary.

No need. You are doing it yourselves.

Please, some one. Some one pro-gun - reply on this thread. How's Chuck Heston's brain doing these days?

P.S. Any Republicans going to blame Alec Baldwin or Michael Moore for this?

Sean Penn perhaps?

[Edited by corgi37]
March 22nd, 2005 06:30 AM
Steel Wheels This thread is a snooze fest.

Does anyone think that the kids got out of doing homework for a few days as a result?
March 22nd, 2005 09:12 AM
Maxlugar [quote]corgi37 wrote:
Something is very wrong in the U.S.

Is it the people? The expectations? The alienation? What?

Whatever, not a good mix for guns. Not his guns sure.

But not locked up either.

Over here (and we do it every fucking day in our little high class suburb) we check on gun-owners. Aint locked up properly? You lose them! I'm talking ex-cops, army guys, collectors - gone.

You got an intervention order?

Gone.

How are people getting access??

More importantly, why?

Idiots will argue if everyone was armed, this wouldnt have happened.

Meanwhile, left - right will have a field day. Might take attention from that poor bitch on life support for 15 years.

Man, get it together over there!

Stop worrying about Castro, or the towel heads, and look after your own.

I see George W cant wait to cut welfare, while giving tax cuts to the rich.

Good move. Good move.

And in 20 years, China wont even bother to bail you guys out.

Such a wonderful country, with such wonderful people. But, bloody hell, something is wrong in paradise. U.S. aint isolated, we all know that (Pt Arthur here, dont forget) but at least we did something about it.

And we dont have armed gun-loving fuckers pouring millions into right-wing candidates and getting to become a powerful lobby group.

The U.S. can be armed to the teeth. It's every persons right (Well, MAN'S right) to own firearms. Hell, everyone MUST own a gun in some shit pot towns. Aint no one gonna get ya's. Sure. King George aint gonna ride in and take your house. Aint no invasion necessary.

No need. You are doing it yourselves.

Please, some one. Some one pro-gun - reply on this thread. How's Chuck Heston's brain doing these days?

P.S. Any Republicans going to blame Alec Baldwin or Michael Moore for this?

Sean Penn perhaps?

I thank the Constitution every day that I am able to have guns to keep the likes of you off my lawn.

And now...

For your reading pleasure...

This:

MACKY!!!!!!!!!

(CEO - www.Maxlugar.com)
March 22nd, 2005 09:27 AM
Jair Doesn't matter the reason, all I can say is that I'm really sorry about this tragedy.

Also, I think Michael Moore can't be taken so seriouly. It too easy criticize as he does. But it seems he only thinks in be a star - as he actually became.

[Edited by Jair]
March 22nd, 2005 09:31 AM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:

' ... why is this a thread topic? '

Agree.

Man , you said it !!!!!!!!!! A real ' snoozer ' .

We need 'real news ' like a " Rolling Stones Tour Announcement " .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jerscee Joe !!!!!! ™

[ Edited by Baby Joe ]
[Edited by Joey]
March 22nd, 2005 09:33 AM
Fuc*ing Andrew Why are you posting this stuff on a Stones board?
March 22nd, 2005 09:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Fuc*ing Andrew wrote:
Why are you posting this stuff on a Stones board?

yes we should post it on a RATM board....remember "bullet in your head"....my condoleances to the families
March 22nd, 2005 01:27 PM
maumau Poplar: why is this a thread topic?

Beer: Agree.

Joey: Man , you said it !!!!!!!!!! A real ' snoozer ' .

We need 'real news ' like a " Rolling Stones Tour Announcement " .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jerscee Joe !!!!!! ™

Fuc*king Andrew: Why are you posting this stuff on a Stones board?

Jumacfly: yes we should post it on a RATM board....remember "bullet in your head"....my condoleances to the families

It's very funny all this sensitive reaction to a post-thread like this of Kath as if every thread on this board was strictly "about the stones", like for example > Ugly Woman Poll (another list)

did not see any reaction like this on that thread...
mumble mumble
March 22nd, 2005 01:51 PM
Joey
quote:
maumau wrote:

It's very funny all this sensitive reaction to a post-thread like this of Kath as if every thread on this board was strictly "about the stones", like for example > Ugly Woman Poll (another list)

Maumau .............................................

" We are shaped and fashioned by what we love. "
( Keith John Moon , 1963 )

"People are better motivated by fear than love for people are prone to disappointing those they love."
( -ancient ninjitsu principal as presented by Ashaida Kim , 1998 ) .

So if Goethe and Kim are both true statements, then it can be intuited then that
1.) we are best motivated by fear
2.) we are secondarily motivated by love
3.) fear does not necessarily shape nor fashion as these are secondary considerations to survival

THEREFORE... Form follows function by necessity.

JACKY FU! ™

|
|
|
|
|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
March 22nd, 2005 03:52 PM
glencar I don't have a problem with this topic per se but I hate when all the anti-Americans come out in force to hector us with their knee jerk anti-American attacks. Dutch Michael, yes, I'm talking 'bout you. From what the news reports say, this kid was picked on by others & his Dad suicided whilst his Mom was in a hospital under long term care after a car crash. This isn't an ordinary life. This kid suffered & did a horrible thing. But for the typical assholes who bring politics into this stuff, I say go fuck yourselves. It's not like your countries don't have crazed elements. I recall a mass shooting in Tasmania. Another one in Dunblane Scotland. A few in Canada. Do you want a free society or a namby-pamby Daddy state?
March 22nd, 2005 04:09 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I don't have a problem with this topic per se but I hate when all the anti-Americans come out in force to hector us with their knee jerk anti-American attacks. Dutch Michael, yes, I'm talking 'bout you. From what the news reports say, this kid was picked on by others & his Dad suicided whilst his Mom was in a hospital under long term care after a car crash. This isn't an ordinary life. This kid suffered & did a horrible thing. But for the typical a$$holes who bring politics into this stuff, I say go **** yourselves. It's not like your countries don't have crazed elements. I recall a mass shooting in Tasmania. Another one in Dunblane Scotland. A few in Canada. Do you want a free society or a namby-pamby Daddy state?

!!!!!!!!!!

March 22nd, 2005 04:36 PM
kath well, i thought it was an importnat event that affects not just that school, but all of us. ALL of us. jeezuz. it's a tragedy, and it keeps repeating itself. why? why is there so much anger and hatred and violence in the world?

maybe if you think the topic is inappropriate, you could, oh, i dunno. not read it? it was pretty self explanatory in the title.

innocent kids killed by other kids....fucked up families....people who don't care what happens.

sorry if i offended...but i find mass murder pretty damned offensive, personally.
March 22nd, 2005 04:40 PM
glencar kath, I read that the kid was a neo-Nazi Native American! What gives?
March 22nd, 2005 04:48 PM
kath isn't that odd? the world just spits out new wackos all the time......quite an anomaly...
March 22nd, 2005 04:50 PM
glencar It seems like whenever things get boring, these shootings break out. Minnesota seems like such a cold, cold place.
March 22nd, 2005 07:21 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
It seems like whenever things get boring, these shootings break out. Minnesota seems like such a cold, cold place.

I am still bored. For some reason this one isnt as exciting as Columbine.
March 22nd, 2005 07:38 PM
corgi37 The news showed snow all over the place.

Gimme the sun any time.
March 22nd, 2005 07:45 PM
kath
quote:
I am still bored. For some reason this one isnt as exciting as Columbine.

be patient. i'm sure something really horrific will come along to get your attention.....
March 22nd, 2005 07:50 PM
texile they always mention neo-nazi when some kid loses it....
it's a copout. as you stated correctly glencar, this kid had been persecuted by his peers.
there's no excuse for what he did, but it ain't guns folks, or the access TO them - it's asshole kids driving troubled kids to violence.......
will the bullies please stand up....?
March 22nd, 2005 09:12 PM
Starbuck this, i might add, is the second school shooting in minnesota in a year and a half.

more stones, less bullets!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood