ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Urban Landscape - Acapulco at night April 2005
© 2035 Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1989 Tour Rehearsals Return to archive
March 20th, 2005 07:27 PM
gord0912 First of all thanks for all the help regarding my previous question about the 1994 Toronto show.

Can someone tell me the title of the 1989 rehearsal boot CD? I apologize in advance if there is more than one release.

Gordon
March 20th, 2005 08:28 PM
glimmertwin50 Hi Gordon,

there is a 2 cd set called "Better Than The Real Rebirth" which is a final rehearsal run through from Philadelphia (despite the liner notes claiming it is from Foxboro). It's worth seeking out.

March 20th, 2005 08:49 PM
Gazza Correct

the date is 29.8.89, and not 29.9.89 from Foxboro as indicated on the sleeve
March 20th, 2005 10:49 PM
rogerriffin and what happen with my 3cd set, that in front tells Washington DC and back "rehearsal at RFK memorial stadium washington dc, 23rd september 1989" this rehearsal was true or not?
March 21st, 2005 04:26 AM
Gazza Not!

if its soundboard quality, its probably Philly 29.8.89 as well
[Edited by Gazza]
March 21st, 2005 07:57 AM
brianisnotdead I have the triple cd 'The Steel Wheels Rehearsals vol.2'. It's from Philadelphia, Veterans Stadium, August 28th, 1989. There is also a vol. 1 of the 29th. Both are offcourse soundboard.

ERIK
March 21st, 2005 08:12 AM
Gazza Thanks

On a minor point, those rehearsals would be from JFK Stadium, not Veterans Stadium.

The shows took place at Veterans on 31st August and 1st September but the final few days rehearsals were actually at JFK. I think the Stones had originally planned to open the tour at JFK as they had done in '81, but the stadium was in too poor a condition to accommodate a crowd for a concert so they used a different stadium, but kept JFK for the rehearsals
March 21st, 2005 08:27 AM
brianisnotdead Hi Gazza,

This means that not all of this dates are correct:
Five cd 'Dead Man Cumming'.
Rehearsals in Washington and Foxboro 1989 soundbpoard.

Disc 1 rehearsal at RFK Memorial Stadium,Washington DC,23rd September.
Disc 2 rehearsals at RFK Memorial Stadium,Washington DC,23rd September.
Disc 3 rehearsals at RFK Memorial Stadium,Washington DC,23rd September.
Disc 4 rehearsals at Sullivan Stadium, Foxboro,Massachusetts, 28th September.
Disc 5 rehearsals at Sullivan Stadium, Foxboro,Massachusetts, 28th September.

ERIK
March 21st, 2005 08:35 AM
Gazza There were no rehearsals on either of those dates.

The sources of that 5-CDR bootleg are from both the full scale dress rehearsals in Philadelphia, from 28.8.89 and 29.8.89
[Edited by Gazza]
March 21st, 2005 08:45 AM
brianisnotdead Thanks,

I'm going to listen to them what the soundqualities and differences between my two sets are. Because they both must have the same source. I think I am fooled (again).

From a sunny Holland,
ERIK
March 21st, 2005 10:26 AM
Gazza track listings and sources here :

http://www.printmark.se/stones/bootleg/a/dead_man_cumming.htm

Both rehearsals are soundboards

From a pissing-wet Belfast

Gazza
March 21st, 2005 12:17 PM
monkeyman62 I have the dead man cumming box
ex set and worth seeking out
and yes it is philly not foxboro
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood