ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Urban Landscape - Acapulco at night April 2005
Đ 2035 Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blondie scheduled for California at present=No Blondie at Micks....From Ian Return to archive
March 19th, 2005 01:09 AM
IanBillen
According to "VoodooAllie" on Shadoobie Land Message Board, Blondie Chaplin is scheduled to appear at the Los Angelas California club The Mint this week. He is supposeably scheduled there for March, 23 of this year as well.

So it seems at the present, Blondie was not included in the recording sessions at Micks in France this week.

That is good. All we need is Keith, Ronnie, and some-times Mick playing those guitars in the studio. For Back-up Vocals we got Bernard, or maybe Daryl as well holding down the ..."fort".

Ian
March 19th, 2005 01:15 AM
glencar You bring good news for once. Blondie is an idiot.
March 19th, 2005 01:21 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
You bring good news for once. Blondie is an idiot.

He is not an attractive man, but a talented guitarist

[Edited by voodoopug]
March 19th, 2005 02:49 AM
IanBillen
quote:
glencar wrote:
You bring good news for once. Blondie is an idiot.

I see you don't like Blondie. My news may not always be great, but it is credible and never is just "hear say". That is why I rarely bring any goodies. Most goodies are non-sense.

I agree. We don't need blondie or any other guitar player for that matter in the studio.

I do like Jamie on Bass in Anyone seen My Baby though.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
March 19th, 2005 03:41 AM
Make It Funky hahah... Here I was thinking Debbie Harry!! hahah blondie? The Tide is High? Call Me? etc... haha

Anyways... is blondie chaplin even worth typing a post???
shit.
March 19th, 2005 04:16 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
hahah... Here I was thinking Debbie Harry!! hahah blondie? The Tide is High? Call Me? etc... haha

Anyways... is blondie chaplin even worth typing a post???
shit.

He does sing back-up and play back-up guitar on stage and off stage for the Stones.

Ian
March 19th, 2005 04:46 AM
TooTough Maybe Blondie is a good guitarist...but we donīt need him. We have 2 good ones in our band.
March 19th, 2005 06:11 AM
JumpingKentFlash Blondie ain't no fool. Why would you say that? From what I hear he's a great guy. But I agree that he's not needed.
March 19th, 2005 11:15 AM
Cocaine Eyes Blondie will be on the new tour.
March 19th, 2005 11:19 AM
glencar I'm sure he will. Someone has to get Keith's cigarettes & alcohol these days!
March 19th, 2005 12:59 PM
gorda
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm sure he will. Someone has to get Keith's cigarettes & alcohol these days!

I'll get them for you, Keith!

Just as long as I get to be next to my Micky!
March 19th, 2005 01:15 PM
T&A
quote:
TooTough wrote:
Maybe Blondie is a good guitarist...but we donīt need him. We have 2 good ones in our band.

pray tell, what band is that?

March 19th, 2005 03:15 PM
Gazza Blondie is hardly really needed too much when recording, although I guess they'll use him at some point.

He'll be on the tour, though because Keith relies on him. End of.
March 19th, 2005 07:37 PM
gotdablouse How about Waddy Wachtel? He did play most of the leads on B2B after all...
March 19th, 2005 08:56 PM
Gazza I think the Stones have had enough flak with personnel down the years who have had dubious under-age sexual interests without bringing Waddy into their touring line up.

Next thing, they'll be bringin' back Billy Preston to do the cock-dance with Mick again!
March 19th, 2005 10:43 PM
Cocaine Eyes Blondie is Keith's pal. Nuff said.
March 19th, 2005 10:51 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Someone has to get Keith's cigarettes & alcohol these days!

...and he must get Keith's prescriptions and "stuff" like that.

I wish I had my own Blondie Chaplin.
March 20th, 2005 08:32 PM
Soldatti Who knows?
Maybe Blondie will add percussion of backing vocals in the final mix.
March 20th, 2005 09:06 PM
Make It Funky Ian - yeah, I know who he is, as I've run into him a few times, and he's actually a real swell guy to be honest...
but teh thread would've been much more interesting, had it have been about Blondie - Debbie Harry - dont you think!?

Doctor Prescribes, Blondie Supplies... Is he still off the wagon with the recreation?

Cheers.
March 21st, 2005 08:47 AM
souldoggie Chuck will be on-stage with the Allman Brothers tonight at the Beacon Theater in New York. This doesn't mean that he will not be on the new Stones studio release. He's flying into New York from France.

No need to hear the Chuck bashing...we all know how so many of you feel. In my view, he does a fantastic job with the band. I just thought I'd give eveyone who cares, a heads-up about the show tonight. Tomorrow night, as well.
March 21st, 2005 10:29 AM
Gazza I find the Chuck-bashing tiresome. He's an easy target because fans dont like to bash their 'heroes' and see too many faults in them.

Chuck's prominent role in the band and the mix on stage is down to one factor above anything else. The Stones' decision to give him that role. Whether they're up to the job themselves is a side issue. He is their employee. The bottom line is that the buck stops with them, no one else.
March 21st, 2005 10:54 AM
wgwalsh Blondie is an asset to the organization. He did work with the Beach Boys back in the day.

If he deserves anything, he deserves credit for helping to move the projects forward.

Hey, we can't all be Clark Gable.

March 21st, 2005 11:03 AM
egon i don't know what he was doing with the tambourin on live licks, but it sounds like he's trying to kill it. (sfm!)
March 21st, 2005 11:06 AM
Pierre
quote:
T&A wrote:

pray tell, what band is that?

March 21st, 2005 07:18 PM
souldoggie Thanks Gazza, I appreciate your Chuck comments. Every time I refer to him on Stones boards, I grab my protective gear and duck. That was cool, the stuff you said. I've never understood how people can blame a hired sideman, a player for hire...it's as if people think the Stones have no control over their sound or mix. I think it's fair to say that if Keith or Mick hear a sound, or a note, or a mix, or a tone, that they don't like...it won't be played again. EVER. Yes, I DO give them that much credit. Thanks again.
March 21st, 2005 08:11 PM
gotdablouse Sure, Chuck is an "employee", but he's bee quoted a few times calling himseld the "musical director" of the Stones, before quickly correcting himself and saying that Keith is in fact the musical director. That was in a 94 interview in RS with the "Masks" cover. He's said it repeatedly in fact. My point being that he doesn't seem to view himself as a "sideman", hence maybe the pointless plink plonking all over the place with little respect for what these songs once sounded like. Strange thing is that Clifford got kicked out after 90 because he had "crossed the line", I guess it wasn't musically but rather personally...Keith's person. So he canned a guy for personal reasons and kept a "convenient" guy who spoils the music for most of us.
March 21st, 2005 08:52 PM
Gazza I think Chuck's role has certainly become more prominent in recent tours, to be fair, and Keith's as "musical director" less so.

I guess the reason for that would be down to Keith himself. Whether its some kind of physical decline, too much booze or simply because the style of show theyre presenting now requires more of a "polished" sound is a matter of opinion. I'm not saying I'm a big fan of Chuck's style or anything, but whatever role he or any sideman has in the sound that the band has is down to the Stones themselves allowing it to happen.

They're obviously content with it, so if he's too prominent in the mix or his style is too fussy, then its because the band allow him to and theyre happy to keep it that way. Whether they are simply too complacent to change it or they're entirely satisfied about it is for them to know and us to guess. Keith is an experienced musician with a good ear. He's not stupid. My own opinion is that they're too long in the tooth now to make radical shake ups in the band and the way it sounds. They've come to rely on what Chuck does for them. I think thats more a reflection on the Stones than Chuck or anyone else.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood