ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Urban Landscape - Acapulco at night April 2005
© 2035 Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roxy Music Return to archive
March 18th, 2005 11:25 PM
full moon These guys are great. I am stoned. Thank You!!!!!!!
March 19th, 2005 01:27 AM
voodoopug
quote:
full moon wrote:
These guys are great. I am stoned. Thank You!!!!!!!

March 19th, 2005 09:38 AM
lotsajizz do the strand
March 19th, 2005 11:11 AM
Nasty Habits Their crazy music drives you insane - this way
March 19th, 2005 11:15 AM
glencar Brian Ferry went all adult contemporary on his last few releases.
March 19th, 2005 11:31 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
Brian Ferry went all adult contemporary on his last few releases.

nope...his last album, "Frantic", was his most rock in years...the tour was also, you would be right about much of his prior work, however

but, then again, he DID kind of help invent that...and he does it better than most
still
March 20th, 2005 10:46 AM
full moon They are in the studio recording the first album since Avalon.........
March 20th, 2005 03:45 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
full moon wrote:
They are in the studio recording the first album since Avalon.........

is that right..?
March 20th, 2005 04:00 PM
full moon Yes, here is the link, www.roxyrama.com Go to the news page.....
[Edited by full moon]
March 22nd, 2005 08:36 PM
full moon It was just reported that the lineup will INCLUDE Brian Eno. It will be the classic Roxy lineup from the first 2 albums!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 22nd, 2005 09:21 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
full moon wrote:
It was just reported that the lineup will INCLUDE Brian Eno. It will be the classic Roxy lineup from the first 2 albums!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously..? that'll be a kick!!

looking forward to this - thanks for the news.
March 24th, 2005 11:38 PM
mac_daddy anyone reading this thread might be into this torrent...

Roxy Music * Walk Out In Style * Rosemont, IL * July 30, 2001 * SHN
March 25th, 2005 11:34 AM
FPM C10
quote:
full moon wrote:
It was just reported that the lineup will INCLUDE Brian Eno. It will be the classic Roxy lineup from the first 2 albums!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! Now I'M excited too! I'm one of those snobs who think that only the first two Roxy Music albums count. I liked the glam androgeny thing better than the ennui-laden lounge band thing. When Roxy Music first arrived they looked a little like the Spiders From Mars but they sounded like NO ONE else.

A friend of mine saw them on their last tour and said he couldn't believe how great they were.

What's her name? Virginia Plain.
March 25th, 2005 11:58 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

A friend of mine saw them on their last tour and said he couldn't believe how great they were.

confirmed..I saw 'em twice in '02...fantastic....Ferry's a real good showman....and he still brings out the showgirls during 'Both Ends Burning'
March 27th, 2005 08:34 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

WOW! Now I'M excited too! I'm one of those snobs who think that only the first two Roxy Music albums count. I liked the glam androgeny thing better than the ennui-laden lounge band thing. When Roxy Music first arrived they looked a little like the Spiders From Mars but they sounded like NO ONE else.

that has to be the finest description of roxy music i have ever read!

quote:
FPM C10 also wrote:

have you heard the double live disc from that tour? it is pretty damn solid. you can get it from phil manzanera's website, and he will sign it for you, too; that's what i did - good price, too, if i remember correctly...
March 27th, 2005 09:42 AM
full moon Now the Eno info has been removed form the website. Maybe he is not confimed......
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood