ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Urban Landscape - Acapulco at night April 2005
© 2035 Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Death of Rock Radio???? Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 23rd, 2005 11:19 AM
69 Chevy I grew up in NJ and could pick up Philly, NYC, Trenton and WPRB(Princeton U). WMMR, WYSP, and WIOQ was what AOR radio was all about in the 70s!

quote:
quackenbush wrote:
Even though I love rock and roll, I think most rock and roll stations, especially in Philadelphia, are boring. They mostly play a few of the hits of the major acts. How many times do your really want to hear freaking Pink Floyd's "Money?" The shit gets on my nerves. Maybe the decline of the rock radio format will spur some change. If not, there is always talk radio or gangsta rap.

Pop it like its hot, wankstah.
[Edited by quackenbush]

March 24th, 2005 12:27 AM
Sir Stonesalot >One of the biggest problems facing rock is the lack of new innovative bands who can connect with the teenagers and young adults of today. <

Baloney. There are lots of young, fresh, innovative bands out there just waiting to make the connection.

The PROBLEM is that the stupid fucknut numbercrunchers that don't know, or care, about music are in control of mass distribution of music. Both in what gets sold in stores, and what gets played on the radio. Teenagers and young adults....hell, ANYONE....will never ever get a chance to even CONSIDER making a connection with a band that plays ByGod Rock n Roll...like say...The Reigning Sound, or The Detroit Cobras, or The Dirtbombs, or The Come Ons, or The Forty Fives...and this isn't even counting the bands that have been around for lots of years, like The Chesterfield Kings, or The Romantics, or The Fuzztones, or The Fleshtones....shit, I could list HUNDREDS of bands that deserve to be heard.

But we'll never hear them on the radio....and you'll never hear about their new record....they'll never get a push. Why? Because Clear Channel and Sony don't think you need to hear them.

But the good news is....we don't fuckin need the corporate fucknuts. We got the internet. We got places like Rocks Off where people who dig rock n roll will turn you on to cool stuff. We got Google...you just type in a band name or a record lable and blammo! you can hear 'em, see 'em, find out where to go watch 'em play, buy their CDs.

Fuck rock radio. It died for me YEARS ago. And it was one of the BEST things that ever happened to me. You wanna rock n roll....then fuckin' DO IT. All it takes is a little extra effort on your part.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programimg...

And you know what else....let the young crowd suck on the corporate teat. Fuck 'em. They are sheep.
March 24th, 2005 01:16 AM
gypsy After reading your post, SS, I want to fuck you now more than ever before.
March 24th, 2005 11:13 AM
69 Chevy I agree with SS. The music is out there and it is better than ever! The only time I listen to radio, other than college stations, is at work and I only turn it up when I hear a song I like. 12 CDs in the car, 100s at the house, MP3 players, internet, sateliite radio, music DVDs, and 20+ concerts per year for the past 25 years. Corporate radio can kiss my ass!
March 24th, 2005 01:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot Too bad Gypsy. You can't have it.

You made fun of my new punk rock jacket. That is a no-no.

I shall not shake your hand in greeting, or let you buy me top shelf liquor at the proposed gathering for the next alleged upcoming Stones tour. But I may let you touch my new punk rock jacket just so you can miss what could have been even more so.

No, I'll be "spending" time with Lady Jane. She knows how to appreciate a good thing.

'69 Chevy? Chevelle, Camaro, or 'Vette?
March 24th, 2005 02:04 PM
Joey
" The PROBLEM is that the stupid fucknut numbercrunchers that don't know, or care, about music are in control of mass distribution of music. Both in what gets sold in stores, and what gets played on the radio. "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Teenagers and young adults....hell, ANYONE....will never ever get a chance to even CONSIDER making a connection with a band that plays ByGod Rock n Roll...like say...The Reigning Sound, or The Detroit Cobras, or The Dirtbombs, or The Come Ons, or The Forty Fives...and this isn't even counting the bands that have been around for lots of years, like The Chesterfield Kings, or The Romantics, or The Fuzztones, or The Fleshtones...."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" I could list HUNDREDS of bands that deserve to be heard. "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JACKY ! ™
March 25th, 2005 12:28 AM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Too bad Gypsy. You can't have it.

You made fun of my new punk rock jacket. That is a no-no.

I shall not shake your hand in greeting, or let you buy me top shelf liquor at the proposed gathering for the next alleged upcoming Stones tour. But I may let you touch my new punk rock jacket just so you can miss what could have been even more so.

No, I'll be "spending" time with Lady Jane. She knows how to appreciate a good thing.

'69 Chevy? Chevelle, Camaro, or 'Vette?

But, SS, I was just teasing...I didn't want to blow our cover, y'know?
March 25th, 2005 03:18 AM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy...

Where I am from there are certain things that you just do NOT mess with. Not for any reason. It's sort of our hillbilly code of honor.

Do not mess with:

1. Someone's car.
2. Someone's money.
3. Someone's squeeze.
4. Someone's stash.
5. Someone's PUNK ROCK JACKET.

Besides...it's not up to me anymore. I have given myself to LJ. You will have to convince HER to share me with you.

Personally, I hope she is feeling greedy.
March 25th, 2005 03:42 AM
gypsy Can I still make fun of your wife's hairy ass and the "King of Prussia" mall?
March 25th, 2005 09:23 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Can I still make fun of your wife's hairy ass and the "King of Prussia" mall?

Everything ......and I mean EVERYTHING ...... Drowns in the Ocean of Sir Stonesalot's White Hairy Ass !!!!!

Stritzkee ! ™
March 25th, 2005 11:27 AM
69 Chevy "'69 Chevy? Chevelle, Camaro, or 'Vette?"

Ragtop Chevelle!
March 25th, 2005 05:16 PM
Honky Tonker Rock and Roll as we know it was killed by the following:

1. Rap
2. MTV
3. Cobain
March 26th, 2005 02:04 AM
Sir Stonesalot Chevelle! Pure American muscle.

I had a '70 Chevelle SS. 400 sm block bored 30 thou over.

Cops would pull me over just to check it out.

I'm buying a hot rod this spring. I was thinking Stingray, but I may have to get another Chevelle. Man, I loved that car...

Cobain did nothing to hurt Rock n Roll. If anything he put it back on the map for another 10 years.
March 26th, 2005 02:13 PM
glencar Really man. Cobain helped keep music on MTV itself & on the radio. He's blameless. Stupid but blameless.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood