ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Urban Landscape - Acapulco at night April 2005
© 2035 Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie should play ALL the solos Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 21st, 2005 11:14 AM
Pierre
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Ronnie is still fairly competent on 12-bar blues like "Rock Me Baby," but on anything else, anything that requires a sense of melody, he's a hack. He bollixed up YCAGWYW nearly every time, and his attempts at CYHMK and "Worried about You" were painful.

Purely right
March 21st, 2005 11:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
did he ever talk about that in interviews?

he has mentioned some arthritis, although I dont recall him saying it has affected his playing (well, he wouldnt, would he).

I remember when I was in Paris in '98 to see the Stones being told by people "in the know" that even back then Keith's arthritis was so advanced that it was now impossible for him to remove his skull ring even if he wanted to.

..and thats 7 years ago. His fingers and knuckles are MUCH worse looking now than they were then
[Edited by Gazza]
March 22nd, 2005 05:02 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

he has mentioned some arthritis, although I dont recall him saying it has affected his playing (well, he wouldnt, would he).

I remember when I was in Paris in '98 to see the Stones being told by people "in the know" that even back then Keith's arthritis was so advanced that it was now impossible for him to remove his skull ring even if he wanted to.

..and thats 7 years ago. His fingers and knuckles are MUCH worse looking now than they were then
[Edited by Gazza]

I think think that they are beautiful...

Ian
March 22nd, 2005 05:17 AM
Dutch Michael D. ronnie should play much better the next tour, keith is the one that makes my skin crawl, ronnie was the one on black and blue, tattoo you, some girls etc. i think he can do much better!
March 22nd, 2005 07:18 AM
egon they are going to suck on the next tour aren't they?

oh, i can see the headlines now. (strolling bones etc)
March 22nd, 2005 07:43 AM
Gazza No, I dont think they will.

If they do, the press wont notice or listen anyway. They only tend to watch Mick and he's still on top form.

lets face it, you're not going to get wankers such as the clueless bints from the Sun or Daily Mirror contemplating the absence of Taylor or Wyman or wondering why Leavell is high in the mix at the expense of the guitars, or complaining why they play so many greatest hits.

As long as Mick pouts and wiggles his skinny arse and they play the requisite 5 or 6 songs that even the most clueless critic knows, they'll be able to dream up those oh so witty and original headlines such as "Stones give fans satisfaction" and "its a gas gas gas", etc

The band have actually progressed beyond the "boring old farts" type of reviews that they were getting for much of the 80's and 90's.
[Edited by Gazza]
March 22nd, 2005 09:36 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
egon wrote:
they are going to suck on the next tour aren't they?

oh, i can see the headlines now. (strolling bones etc)

They've got too much backup support to "suck" in any way that the general public would notice. But, Gazza, I think at least here in the States, there are critics, some of them frustrated musicians, who take into account the minutiae.
March 22nd, 2005 11:16 AM
padre Aren't ALL music critics frustrated musicians?
March 22nd, 2005 11:28 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
padre wrote:
Aren't ALL music critics frustrated musicians?

I imagine a lot of critics are musicians on the side, but when I say "frustrated" I mean it in the sense of "I'm better than they are" or "I should've been famous."
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood