ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Canadian National Institute For The Blind Benefit Concerts.
Oshawa, Civic Auditorium, Canada - April 22, 1979
By Neal Preston
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman has 'no regrets' he left the Stones / and upcoimng shows in France Return to archive
03-28-03 12:01 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl PARIS (AFP) - Bill Wyman, longtime Rolling Stones bass guitar, said he had no regrets about leaving the group in 1993.

Photo AFP Photo

"I don't have any regrets, not at all, in all honesty," Wyman, who turns 67 next October, said in an interview.

His last 10 years had been happy, he said, with his wife and his children now aged 8, 7 and 5 years. As for his life, "I would not change it for anything".

He had written four books and had his own band, he insisted.

"I see them socially", he said of the veteran rock band lead singer Mick Jagger, guitarist Keith Richards and drummer Charlie Watts. Ronnie Wood, also guitarist, is seen as a newcomer though he has been with the Stones more than a quarter century.

"My kids play with Mick's children," Wyman said. His children were off on holidays next week with Jagger's children and his ex-wife Jerry Hall.

"It's like a family, which doesn't mean that you want to be together all of the time".

A pillar of the Stones for 30 years, Wyman -- real name William Perks -- was in Paris for the release of his book on life with the group, "Rolling With The Stones".

Legend has it that Wyman was asked to join the group in 1962 because he was the only one with an amplifier.

"If I had stayed it would have been only for financial reasons," he added. "I could be 20 million richer, francs, dollars or pounds, whatever, I never had that kind of money in my life anyway".

He denied reports that he was preparing to join the Stones on their current tour around China, India and other Asian countries, the second half of their 40th anniversary world tour.

Next month will see their first stop in China.

Wyman and his Rhythm Kings will play in France this spring, giving around 15 concerts between May and July, including one in Paris June 26.

The legendary Rolling Stones will be giving three concerts in Paris in July, on July 7, 9 and 11, and also playing in Marseille on July 5.
03-28-03 03:17 AM
sonicrock the opening act for the paris olympia wyman s show are the pretty things but the prices too high for me.......sr
03-28-03 06:35 AM
gypsymofo60 LOL.........Bill must have a project in the works, it's "rub some of that Glimmer Twin Magic on me" time again. Nobody's game to say it, but without Mick & Keith this guy woulda finished his musical career playin' 'The Star' in Croydon every Saturday Night around 1964. Je Suis Un Rock Star my arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-28-03 06:41 AM
riccardo "If I had stayed it would have been only for financial reasons," he added. "I could be 20 million richer, francs, dollars or pounds, whatever, I never had that kind of money in my life anyway".

You know what is really unexcusable? He saw what happened to Mick Taylor some years earlier and he did the same mistake!
And now had to waste a lot of time going to his archives to publish a book to earn something.Had he stayed he would have to 'work' some months every 4 year and have those 20 million dollars!!!!
[Edited by riccardo]
03-28-03 07:24 AM
gypsymofo60 Basically Riccardo, Billy Boy was just a leech. He did,(obviously), have talent, but I hate the way since the mid 70s, he has slagged Mick & Keith in the press. He's refered to them as "Hypocrites, greedy, spent 1980 to 1990 telling anyone who was remotely interested, HE WAS LEAVING THE BAND!and still - to this day, banks all his projects against 'The Stones'......What's in a name??????????
03-28-03 05:16 PM
lonecrapshooter I have no regrets he left either and I enjoy his books...it's a win-win

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST