ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Canadian National Institute For The Blind Benefit Concerts.
Oshawa, Civic Auditorium, Canada - April 22, 1979
By Neal Preston
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: KEITH BIRTHDAY PARTY WITH CLAPTON Return to archive
03-26-03 06:58 AM
Francky Hello there

I have a good question about the version
of "brown sugar" taped at the Olympic
Studios with Eric Clapton on Keith's birthday
party...
Was it on December 18, 1969 or 1970 ?

Thanks for answer. All details about this
session most welcome...

Francky
03-26-03 08:47 AM
J.J.Flash The only thing that I know about this session that was in 69. Nothing else! I hope you find more info, I really want to know too. Let me know!
Cheers!
03-26-03 08:51 AM
Mathijs The Stones recorded Brown Sugar at the Muscle Shoals studio fron December 2 until 4. They went back the london, and spent some days overdubbing from December 10 until December 18, 1969. That last day, Keith Richards birthday, they all had a party jam, at which Jimmy Miller had the tapes rolling. Keith did say in interviews that for a long time they considered releasing this version with Clapton, but eventually they released the original version as, in keith's words "the sound of the drums recorded in Alabama had something magical".

Mathijs

----------------------------------------------------------------
The Rolling Stones in Review : http://stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/

Bootlegs for Sale - The Guitars of Keith Richards
Bootleg Reviews - Brussels Affair 1973
03-26-03 11:37 AM
J.J.Flash Hey Mathijs, thank you brother! Great info!
03-26-03 12:48 PM
Martha When I saw this thread posted I believed it would be telling us about party plans that Keith had with Eric since Sunday the 30th is Claptons' 58th birthday!

Anyone know the whereabouts of EC right now? I hope he'll come back out and tour some more....
03-26-03 01:00 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Martha wrote:
When I saw this thread posted I believed it would be telling us about party plans that Keith had with Eric since Sunday the 30th is Claptons' 58th birthday!

Anyone know the whereabouts of EC right now? I hope he'll come back out and tour some more....

Martha, you are always funny! When I saw the title of this TOPIC, I was wonder the same thing. I hope Clapton come back too. I saw him in october 2001 in S�o Paulo on the Pacaembu Stadium, oh baby, what a great show.
Take care!
03-26-03 02:10 PM
Lazy Bones In addition, Al Kooper was also present on 18 December for take 4 of Brown Sugar (3:58).
03-26-03 02:25 PM
J.J.Flash Thanks Lazy!
Cheers!
03-26-03 10:18 PM
BILL PERKS UNFORTUNEATLY CLAPTON HAS BECOME A MACCA LIKE FIGURE THESE DAYS,HE NEEDS TO GET OUT AND ROCK AND FORGET THE REHAB BULLSHIT.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS!!!
03-27-03 12:24 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
UNFORTUNEATLY CLAPTON HAS BECOME A MACCA LIKE FIGURE THESE DAYS,HE NEEDS TO GET OUT AND ROCK AND FORGET THE REHAB BULLSHIT.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS!!!

Hi Bill! I agree in part with you. But I think Eric suffered a lot in the past. I don't know! But the only thing that I'm sure is that Clapton must Rock and hard again!
Cheers!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST