ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Shooting "I Go Wild" in Mexico City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Some thoughts.......... Return to archive
03-12-02 01:10 PM
Maxlugar Can you forgive my melt down yesterday?
Let me tell you, I'm sorry.
I will try not to inject politics into a post ever again.
Now, it's all Stones!
Take it for what's worth, but I'll try. OK?
On to the music, I say.
Never give up on the music! It's what we all have in common.

I had on Their Satanic Majesties last night and cranked it up.
Somehow, that album always makes me smile.

Gomper, to me, is a fine song and very misunderstood.
Underneath, there is something else to that song.
I've never believed in subliminal suggestions though.
Let me have it straight away if you want to say it, ya know?
To play Majesties backward might be interesting. Anyone do it?
You never know what messages are there. Let's find them!

Some say Majesties sucks. But I like it a lot.
And it's probably because of Brian Jones.
Yet he didn't get one song writing credit on that one.
Surely, he "wrote" most of that weird stuff, no?

Mellow out and put it on some time soon.
Enjoy it for what it is. A great jammy experiment.

Thanks,

Mmmmmmmmaxy! (Maxlugar - A reformed man, C10)

03-12-02 02:33 PM
nankerphelge Has anyone ever tried finding secret messages?
I have -- found them on Beatles and Pink Floyd and ELO.
Led Zep supposedly had them too.
Lots of bands apparently tried it.
Any others that y'all are aware of?
Records were fun in that regard
You can only do so much with a CD

Enough of that though
Ain't it time we talk about the Stones!
Tired of waiting for tour news
Sitting here waiting for information Gets Me Down

Planning the DC summit over the last few days.
Unless I'm mistaken, it should be a blast.
Sip some beverages.
Smoke some chiba
Yesssss -- it will be fun.
03-12-02 02:40 PM
Cardinal Ximinez I found one on the J Geils "Love Stinks" album....I'm not sure exactly which song it was...but at one point there is a bunch of gobbldygook...like someone talking real fast on a telephone...if you play that backwards it says "Didn't you used to know the difference between chicken salad and chicken shit?"

Any idea when the DC summit is yet? Approximately?
03-12-02 03:32 PM
Miss U. Right on Maxxxyyyy!!

The more I listen to TSMR, the more I love it! And Gomper is great...I think there's subliminal sexual references in it...anyone else think so?
I'll be posting an interesting article about Gomper on my msg board soon.
Can someone photocopy that Goldmine article & scan it or send it my way, pls?
03-12-02 03:50 PM
nankerphelge Ah yes - the DC summit.

There are a number of logistical problems that I am working through:

1) I have no idea when the DC shows are
and 2) I am presently scheduled to go to trial on a case in September which may throw a big old Fleabit Peanut Monkeywrench into the mix.

#2 is the biggest problem -- there is little to nothing I can do:

"Your honor, plaintiff requests a postponement of the trial while me and a bunch of my Rolling STones buddies get faced"

Won't happen.

Now, assuming the case goes "poof" -- then the key question is when is the DC show slated. I would love to have a bash at my place either the day of the show, or the day before the show. If there are two shows, a bash following the first and carrying on until the second would be luvly.

Stay tuned
03-12-02 10:49 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Ahhhhh...I see now...summit for the DC show...I kinda thought we were just gonna get together sometime during the spring or summer...but tourtime is cool too...
03-13-02 08:19 AM
nankerphelge My concern with a pre-tour get together is that it will expend people's resources (both time & money) when they should be preparing for the tour.

I mean hell, if people want to get together this summer before the shows get rolling just to get a bit stoked up, I don't have a problem with that. But I think turnout and intensity level would be much better around the shows.

Plus, no one, and I mean no one, wants to be in DC during the summer. Better off to hang out in Rosie O'Donnel's armpit...

03-13-02 10:26 AM
Maxlugar "Better off to hang out in Rosie O'Donnel's armpit... "

Is that where Joey has been?

Because I'm a little concerned.

I haven't Plagiarized in over a day!

Oh the horrors! The HORRORS!

"Lose 400 CD's in my ass and call me a Sony, Ronnie!"

Maxy! (Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaxy, C10)
03-13-02 04:30 PM
nankerphelge I think Joey is closely following the odds on Carly Feelmerina to see what she is doing.
Our young boy is but a small player in the giant proxy fight of life.

Plagarism is not on the Joey agenda today.
03-13-02 05:04 PM
Joey Damn Straight My Brothers................

Joey is having 'Carleton' fits .

March 19th is red letter day around here .

" Call Me H.P. boy Ronnie "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJoey

J. Joeyfly ( The Joey , C10 )

03-13-02 05:27 PM
The Worst
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Has anyone ever tried finding secret messages?
I have -- found them on Beatles and Pink Floyd and ELO.
Led Zep supposedly had them too.
Lots of bands apparently tried it.
Any others that y'all are aware of?

I wonder, which kind of secret messages you found on Beatles and Pink Floyd. I have once read an aricle about subliminal messages.
It reports, that the "number one, number one,..." part of "Revolution #1" says "Turn me on, dead man" played the other way around.
And a part from a Pink Floyd song (don't know which) should go "I danced with the devil's daughter" played at a different speed.
And "Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zep played reversely has got a lot of lyrics, including something such as "Satan lives in me".
03-13-02 07:00 PM
Maxlugar The theme to the Mr. Ed show goes: I sing this song for satan.

I swear to God this is true.

When I heard it myslef I got chills.

Shiver!

Maxy!
03-13-02 08:18 PM
nankerphelge Yeah on the White album on Revolution No. 9 there is a bunch of weird stuff. One part sounds like "This is how it was" followed by a car crash and someone burning in the car and another part seems to say "turn me on dead man" - but it is not as clear as everyone says.

ELO had a part that said clearly "One of these days I'm going to cut you into little peices" -- I don't remember the album, but the song was the guitar instrumental that CBS Sports used as part of its intro in the 70s. I think it was on the Face The Music album.

Pink Floyd has one on the Wall in the song "Empty Spaces" -- there is a part that just before the lyrics kick in that sounds like a muffled train station -- you'll hear a bunch of garbled stuff that when palyed backwards says "Congratulations, you've found the secret (hidden?) message, send your answer to Old Pink - care of the funny farm"

I never heard the Led Zep one, but knowing that band it wouldn't surprise me.

I always wondered if the Stones did one or not. I remember a legend that you can hear a woman scream in the background of Dancing with Mr. D and that it was a murder. But I think that legend was derived from the Ohio Players' Rollercoaster song that supposedly also recorded a woman's murder.
03-13-02 09:02 PM
Joey 'Yeah on the White album on Revolution No. 9 there is a bunch of weird stuff. One part sounds like "This is how it was" followed by a car crash and someone burning in the car and another part seems to say "turn me on dead man" - but it is not as clear as everyone says. '

I don't know Nanky ............that is a very tough song to listen to . I am surprised the other boys in the Beatles did not desperately try to take that track off of the album . Poor Paul ...........I remember his interview with Howard Stern where he admitted that he was the one who introduced Yoko to John . In the same interview , Paul also admitted that he had a black woman ( one of the Ronattes ) and screwed his babysitter at the age of fifteen . Yeah !!!!!!

" Lose a shoe up my asshole Ronnie "

JJJJJJJJJJJJoey , C10

03-14-02 10:50 AM
The Worst The riff of "Dancing with Mr. D" is the riff of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" played backward.
Somebody wrote, that Mick screams "Shattered!" at the end of "Can You Hear The Music", but it shall be buried in the mix and thus hardly hearable, and I have never heard it.
03-17-02 06:22 AM
corgi37 i seem to recall that the screaming woman on "Dancing with Mr. D" was recorded during a voodoo ritual (or similar) while the guys were in Jamaica. Buried in the mix is alot of other "sneaky" noises. A pressing i have of the vinyl lp has a slightly different mix to the cd version and the other vinyl lp i have. I also believe that Keith once said the mucis of Start me up is Brown sugar backwards.
03-17-02 08:03 PM
Gazza >ELO had a part that said clearly "One of these days I'm going to cut you into little peices" -- I don't remember the album, but the song was the guitar instrumental that CBS Sports used as part of its intro in the 70s. I think it was on the Face The Music album.

ELO?? That sounds to me very much like the Pink Floyd track "One of these days" (first song on the "Meddle" album..)

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.