ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Shooting "I Go Wild" in Mexico City, 1995 by Fernando Aceves
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Band Celebrates "Waltz"'s 25th Return to archive
03-09-02 09:41 PM
moy i posted the news about the dvd release before but it's not just the dvd, also a box set:

The Band's farewell concert, The Last Waltz, will be released as a four-CD box set on April 16th, to coincide with the twenty-fifth anniversary of the landmark concert and subsequent Martin Scorsese-directed film. The box set, which was remixed by Band songwriter/guitarist Robbie Robertson, includes the thirty songs from the original soundtrack, as well as twenty-four unreleased performances, including the Band's rehearsals with Van Morrison and Dr. John.
The release is part of a celebration that will also include a short theatrical run for the film, starting on April 5th in San Francisco, where the concert originally took place. The Last Waltz will open in New York City on April 10th, Los Angeles on April 12th, and Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Diego, Seattle, Washington and Toronto on April 19th. Robertson oversaw the film's reissue, which has been digitally remixed and remastered in 5.1 stereo surround sound. A premiere will also be held at New York's landmark Ziegfeld Theater on April 10th; the theater was the first to show the movie twenty-five years ago.

On May 7th, MGM Home Entertainment will release a special edition DVD of the film, featuring new interviews with Scorsese and Robertson. Also included will be some previously unreleased footage including performances by the Band, Eric Clapton, Stephen Stills, Neil Young, Ron Wood, Ringo Starr, Dr. John and Paul Butterfield. Two full-length running commentaries are also on the DVD: Robertson and Scorsese provide a shot-by-shot audio commentary on the film, and the other surviving Band members, Garth Hudson and Levon Helm, discuss the songs and the concert.

"What's really interesting is to look back and see what a historic event and extraordinary musical collaboration it was," Robertson told Rolling Stone last year. "The fact that it actually happened is a phenomenon."

Robertson will kick off the anniversary festivities next week at the South by Southwest Music Conference in Austin. In addition to serving as the conference's keynote speaker, he will preview material from the DVD and the box set.

ANDREW DANSBY
03-09-02 09:52 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Well, I guess I'll be taking my copy of "The Complete Last Waltz" off of my trade list...Gotta check my schedule and see if I can get to Philly for the theatre release.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.