ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ode to bonnie and clyde: the movie Return to archive
25th March 2008 08:21 PM
texile any fans?

a special 40th anniversary dvd was released today and i plan on watching it this weekend.
i grew up watching this movie on the late show (remember those?)and it was always an event.
i'm exited about watching the dvd release not only because of the special features etc....
but the fact that i have never properly seen it...
i don't think i've actually watched it since i was 13 years old, edited down on a crappy tv.
i'll be watching with new eyes.
also, i recently discovered that the real bonnie and clyde drove through my hometown of pasadena, texas shortly before being killed in louisiana.
25th March 2008 08:40 PM
stonedinaustralia for sure - saw it many many years ago pretty much when it was released (of course i fell in love with Fadin' Away)and then again in the last 5 - 10 years

This re release sounds great - thanks for the heads up

Love that scene at the petrol station when the pump attendant dude has his rant about the economy and the little old lady cashing in her Lincoln Penny and then "the whole shebang' will come crashing down

the picinic in the desert scene is also excellent such that I can't quite think of a word to describe it - there is an appalling sadness about it all
25th March 2008 09:18 PM
GotToRollMe I saw this in the theatre when it was released too. What a classic piece of cinema, with some of the finest performances ever committed to celluloid. I loved the desert picnic scene too. I think Bonnie's mother was the catalyst that made that so heartbreaking. There's just one great scene after another in this film.

After seeing the movie, I put on a play of it in the courtyard in back of my apartment building, complete with the song by Georgie Fame. 11 or 12 years old and wearing my mother's 1940s skirt and a beret...lol. A typical "Hey kids, let's put on a show!"

Nice to see it getting the anniversary treatment. Thanks for the heads up...and the memories!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
25th March 2008 09:19 PM
edithgrove They have a Bonnie & Clyde festival in Gibsland, Louisiana (near where they died) every year on the weekend closest to the date of their death, which I think is somewhere around May 23rd.
Go see old cars, costumes, reenactments and all that bullshit!
25th March 2008 09:20 PM
texile the scene that literally screams out at me are blanche:
with eyes bandaged, sitting alone in that white room, wailing...
for some reason, this scene freaked me out as a kid.
if you like reading about film,
there's a great book out right now called pictures at a revolution, that takes you through the birth, gestation and ending of the filming of bonnie and clyde, along with five other movies in 1967: in the heat of the night, the graduate, guess who's coming to dinner and dr. doolittle...
very engrossing and well-written.
25th March 2008 09:38 PM
stonedinaustralia and i remember the guy that played C.W.Moss appeared in Lost in Space (at least once, maybe regularly; I can't exactly recall - it was a long time ago)

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)