ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keef in latest GQ Return to archive
22nd March 2008 09:19 PM
Steel Wheels A good read. He mentions that he's losing weight though, but overall a very fun interview.
24th March 2008 12:22 PM
~Cocaine Eyes~ I thought he was joking about the weight loss. Didn't he say it in the context of having a knife in his pants' waistband? You know, when he had to explain why the knife was there.
24th March 2008 12:30 PM
Sister Morphine Absolutely love this interview! It's the best I've read in months!

In the GQ interview I think, Keith gives pretty much away. And then he again, he doesn't, you know.
What he says about getting older is 'beautiful'.
Also some things in there that I didn't know, or at least, haven't heard in this version, before. The Anita-Brian-Keith thing, for instance.

Oh boy, what Keith says is just so TRUE, you know? It just makes sense to me, more than anything anyone has ever said.
He's just great. And he's got a healthy brain and I admire his philosophy.
Rock on, Keith. The world need ya!

But I must come back for a little more,
S.M.

24th March 2008 05:25 PM
moy March 24, 2008

Tender Moments With Keith
Posted by TOM BEVAN | E-Mail This | Permalink | Email Author
GQ wins the following awards for its interview with Rolling Stones legend Keith Richards in this month's issue:

Best title: WARNING: Fifty years of smoking, boozing, snorting, touring, and screwing will kill you. Unless you are Keith Richards.

Best question: Do you regret not moisturizing your face?

Best tender moment:

GQ: You - Keith Richards - would call your mother in those dark moments?
RICHARDS: If it was bad, I would, yeah. Just to let her know. But unfortunately she didn't live. [pause] Me mum, that's another thing, man. [Gets choked up] I went... I went... We knew me mum was going, and so my daughter Angela says, "Dad, take the guitar out. Play to her. Go into her room." So I went up there and sat on the hospital bed and played my best. And she's out on morphine, anyway, unconscious. And I played the old songs, the old dance-hall songs. The next morning, she came out of her sleep for a moment, and my daughter was there and asked her, "Did you hear Daddy play for you last night?" And me mum says, "Yeah, he was out of tune." [laughs]

24th March 2008 06:57 PM
BluesMafia21 We should hope he is losing weight. Keith was getting downright fat in the last year or so.

He's a Stone. Getting fat is simply not an option...
24th March 2008 07:24 PM
robpop
quote:
BluesMafia21 wrote:
We should hope he is losing weight. Keith was getting downright fat in the last year or so.

He's a Stone. Getting fat is simply not an option...

So that's why Taylor is gone.
24th March 2008 07:52 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
BluesMafia21 wrote:

We should hope he is losing weight. Keith was getting downright fat in the last year or so.

Negro please. Most people would be happy to be so "fat."
24th March 2008 08:36 PM
BluesMafia21
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Negro please. Most people would be happy to be so "fat."

Spoken like a true fat American...
24th March 2008 08:42 PM
stonedinaustralia wow Bluesmafia dude...you've only been here 6 posts and you're already insulting people...and GotToRollMe at that
...what's your problem?

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
24th March 2008 09:35 PM
BluesMafia21
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
wow Bluesmafia dude...you've only been here 6 posts and you're already insulting people...and GotToRollMe at that
...what's your problem?

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

My guess is they are white, yes?

They chose to utilize the term Negro in a rather flippant manner. Such stupidity was worthy of a far stronger response.

You want some?
24th March 2008 09:40 PM
stonedinaustralia knock yourself out sweetheart

but to your point why not come out and say that - how do jibes based on nationalistic/racist stereotypes regarding weight have anything to do with what is or is not an accetpable use of the word negroe??

24th March 2008 09:41 PM
BluesMafia21
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
knock yourself out sweetheart

but to your point why not come out and say that - how do jibes based on nationalistic/racist stereotypes regarding weight have anything to do with what is or is not an accetpable use of the word negroe??

You an Aussie? Beautiful people second only to the Irish.

Your women are often spectacular...
24th March 2008 09:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BluesMafia21 wrote:
Your women are often spectacular...

But they're much too conservative. No sense of adventure. I think that goes back to old prohibitions.
24th March 2008 09:47 PM
stonedinaustralia Yes and yes

interesting... while my girlfriend was born here both her parents are from Nth. Ireland - she's beautiful body and soul
24th March 2008 09:50 PM
BluesMafia21
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
Yes and yes

interesting... while my girlfriend was born here both her parents are from Nth. Ireland - she's beautiful body and soul

AHHHHH! They are of the proud,talented, and highly influential region of Ulster!!! You are blessed indeed to have the company of such a fascinating combination - though of course Australian viens run rich with the blood of the Irish. They are second cousins!

You show proper respect for your girlfriend. Nice to see that - a far too infrequent quality from men these days.
25th March 2008 01:52 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
BluesMafia21 wrote:

AHHHHH! They are of the proud,talented, and highly influential region of Ulster!!! You are blessed indeed to have the company of such a fascinating combination - though of course Australian viens run rich with the blood of the Irish. They are second cousins!

You show proper respect for your girlfriend. Nice to see that - a far too infrequent quality from men these days.

While you know nothing of me, you make it crystal clear where YOU'RE coming from. Stereotyping people by their nationality, color, or creed is an ignorant thing. Wise up, asshole.

25th March 2008 02:06 AM
Pako Gertte Der aint nothin grong in bein negro

25th March 2008 11:19 AM
BluesMafia21
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

While you know nothing of me, you make it crystal clear where YOU'RE coming from. Stereotyping people by their nationality, color, or creed is an ignorant thing. Wise up, asshole.

Eaaaaassssy big fella. Perhaps you need visit Ulster and Australia to know of what I speak. Beautiful people!

Do you struggle with weight issues? If so I apologize if my words offended.

Go in peace...
25th March 2008 11:32 AM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Pako Gertte wrote:
Der aint nothin grong in bein negro

25th March 2008 12:20 PM
mojoman junkies quarterly?
25th March 2008 12:39 PM
Steel Wheels Easy yourself!

"GotToRollMe" is a great fan, and a friend to many on this board. I had the pleasure of meeting her in AC, and look forward to seeing her at many more shows!
25th March 2008 12:41 PM
LordUlster
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Easy yourself!

"GotToRollMe" is a great fan, and a friend to many on this board. I had the pleasure of meeting her in AC, and look forward to seeing her at many more shows!

Please define "great fan"
25th March 2008 12:44 PM
pdog
quote:
LordUlster wrote:

a person who only needs to post using one user name.
25th March 2008 05:09 PM
LordUlster
quote:
pdog wrote:

a person who only needs to post using one user name.

That's it? It would appear the term greatness has never fallen soooooo looowwwwww. This board used to mean something! So many years ago before the pretenders took over........
25th March 2008 10:13 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
LordUlster wrote:

That's it? It would appear the term greatness has never fallen soooooo looowwwwww. This board used to mean something! So many years ago before the pretenders took over........

26th March 2008 04:58 AM
corgi37 The pretenders took over?

Man, i fucking hate Chrissie Hynde.

I like to eat a raw hamburger in front of her while wearing a baby fur seal coat.

With the seal still attached!
26th March 2008 08:01 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LordUlster wrote:

Oh please!
Not exactly trying to make any friends here LordUlster, are we?

I love Rocks Off, but lately there's been one too many trolls around. Don't even bother with them GTRM!
26th March 2008 10:42 AM
Stray Cat UK I'M FAT AND OFFENDED !
Now................... where did I put that pie.

scuk

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)