ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama's Church Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
14th March 2008 08:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Manson is an inspiration too many. Shit some are good friends of mine!

All members of the Manson family cannot be held accountable for being in the family...even the ones with swastikas carved in their forehead
14th March 2008 08:19 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

Manson is an inspiration too many. Shit some are good friends of mine!

Any of your friends running for the office of President of the United States? If so would you vote for any of them?

We have a right to know why this man went to a church for twenty years with a preacher that hates his country and hates whites! We have a right to know why!!!!!!!

We should ask these questions in fact. Obama must explain why he was inspired by this hate monger?!

He is about to lose many white votes because of this bullshit as he should! There is no way of defending it! Period! The end! He's toast! As he should be!

Riffy
14th March 2008 08:46 PM
pdog Riffy and Fiji associated with, and were seen exiting a hotel room of a known felon, convicted of violent crimes and drug related charges!
Shame on them!
14th March 2008 08:52 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Riffy and Fiji associated with, and were seen exiting a hotel room of a known felon, convicted of violent crimes and drug related charges!
Shame on them!

Ass...We shared McMuffins...I'm ruined!

14th March 2008 08:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Ass...We shared McMuffins...I'm ruined!

Took too long to distance yourself from me, and all my anti-american, liberal, libertarian, communist speakings!
You is ruined!
14th March 2008 09:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Took too long to distance yourself from me, and all my anti-american, liberal, libertarian, communist speakings!
You is ruined!

Not really...I'm not running for president...and I've never campaigned on the platform of a united America while adhering to a religion of separation...Besides...I've denounced you many times over the years

You ain't ever been called a "nig__er"...I have
14th March 2008 09:09 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
Riffy and Fiji associated with, and were seen exiting a hotel room of a known felon, convicted of violent crimes and drug related charges!
Shame on them!

Pdog you know I love ya like a brother, but you must be kidding here. Obama sought out a church where the preacher promotes a very Afro-centric view of the country. The man, in his own words, claims that our government introduced AIDS to kill people of color. He maintains that the CIA introduced crack to ruin the black population. He said that America deserved the 9/11 attacks. Obama knew this and he continued to attend this church.

He calls this maniac his "mentor" and his "spiritual advisor", and you make it seem like people are just using this as a way tarnish poor Barrack! Excuse me? Any man that is as smart as Obama is clearly is knows what his own preacher has a very hateful message for his flock, and he preached this hateful message for years while Obama attended this church. But it's off limits to question Obama's judgement?

The man's own preacher has tarnished him more than any right wing zealot ever could. That you don't see, or won't acknowledge, this very real fact is beyond strange. It's the most blatant form of denial that I have ever seen from you. Hell if any cadidate on the Republican side of the aisle were involved, and inspired by a man this depolarable I would immediatley denounce that candidate as a man with zero judgement. Why won't liberals do the same thing here? Partisanship. His run for POTUS is over. As it should be.

Riffy
14th March 2008 09:10 PM
LadyJane I would also add to my earlier post that I would be equally concerned if the Candidate was aligned with an Evangelical Christian Minister who espoused views of anti-Evolution, anti-choice, anti-Stem Cell Research, etc.

You see...a person's faith, imo, guides their moral compass. In times of deepest turmoil and stress we turn to that compass. At least I do. That is why this is important to me.

So it's not a Black vs White issue, which seems to be the problem here.

Troubling to me that a majority of the media equates the interest in Sen Barack's spiritual background with racist, "fear mongering" tactics. I think these are valid questions.

LJ.
14th March 2008 09:20 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I would also add to my earlier post that I would be equally concerned if the Candidate was aligned with an Evangelical Christian Minister who espoused views of anti-Evolution, anti-choice, anti-Stem Cell Research, etc.

You would be concerned...but for the same reasons?...None of those things would cause me to not support that candidate...they wouldn't help, but they wouldn't be a deal breaker if the candidate was otherwise solid...those are stances on issues...not messages of hate...but I see your point of how one's religion can spill over into the issues
14th March 2008 09:25 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You would be concerned...but for the same reasons?...None of those things would cause me to not support that candidate...they wouldn't help, but they wouldn't be a deal breaker if the candidate was otherwise solid...those are stances on issues...not messages of hate...but I see your point of how one's religion can spill over into the issues

Yes.
For the same reasons.
The stances I listed above WOULD be a deal breaker for me.
Supreme Court is likely to lose 3 judges soon. I consider that when making a decision as important as this.

LJ.

14th March 2008 09:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I would also add to my earlier post that I would be equally concerned if the Candidate was aligned with an Evangelical Christian Minister who espoused views of anti-Evolution, anti-choice, anti-Stem Cell Research, etc.

Big difference LJ. A person that strongly believes that abortion is murder is not being hateful to anyone but the procedure of killing an embryo or fetus. I'm not talking about the freaks that would kill abortion clinic workers or doctors here. I'm talking about people that feel that the defense of the unborn is of paramount importance. Those beliefs also play a role in embryonic stem cell research. These are spirtitual beliefs that are based on their own understanding of biblical teachings. This preacher is speaking specifically about the evil of white America. The evil of the American government. In other words he's a fucking hateful nut.

There is nothing hateful about wanting abortion limited or stoped all together. I'm not saying my view here one or the other, by the way. I'm just pointing out the obvious difference between the two belief systems. One is based on the defense of the defenseless. The other is based on trying to defend the indefensible.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
14th March 2008 09:29 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Yes.
For the same reasons.
The stances I listed above WOULD be a deal breaker for me.
Supreme Court is likely to lose 3 judges soon. I consider that when making a decision as important as this.

LJ.

I feel the same way I guess on the issue of free shoes for hippies
14th March 2008 09:36 PM
somebody the simple fact is that noone in their right mind would want to be president of this god forsaken country. Its a matter of which lunatic has the most money .and delegates.

sadly we brought this situation upon ourselves by votingin war mongering corrupt greased palm thieves for a couple of decades. and I wonder why I drink so much.

o btw, route 95 is gridlocked but of course its friday night and its raining, god forbid we take any money away from the defense budget to address the crumbling infrastructure of this country.

I'll vote for $that puts $ into mass transit in the eastern seabord. sad to say. its probably HC who might think about that not Omama

sorry. its been a 3 hour commute (20 miles from DC)

luckily there was honky tonk on the radio

Fiji. I think if we can be Pro-pull out, that might help a bit with the traffic.... just thinking. in traffic, all these people are the result of no condom... ive become a misanthrope sadly..

have you heard of the tragedy of the commons,
the more cows, the less pasture for all of us

just another self centered alcoholic venting unnecessarily. i'm a lucky bastard to be alive in this country.. Idont think we need to be fighting all the wars in the world but providing groove assistance but of course we gotta be all in arms and shit..whats that about

sadly, i must lay this out somewhere.. carry on

but while I'm at it....

if we are the most civilized country in teh world ( I think not ) shouldn't we be providing better animal shelters in the states of this fair union, and low cost spay and neuter assistance.... and who protects the public interest anymore? anyone? health safety and welfare and all that muck... what ever happened to that

bitch bitch bitch okay I think I am done now...
[Edited by somebody]
14th March 2008 11:18 PM
Prodigal Son Jeremiah Wright is the African-American, left-wing version of Fred Phelps. That old coot thinks God hates America because it supports homosexuality. Wright thinks God hates America because it's some kind of world power that oppressed and oppresses black people. Both of 'em aren't worth our time, but thanks to their "look at me!" posturing, we end up hearing about it anyway.
14th March 2008 11:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Jeremiah Wright is the African-American, left-wing version of Fred Phelps.

I absolutely agree with that...and our president shouldn't be worshiping in his church...for one day...and especially not for 20 years

15th March 2008 01:19 AM
Fiji Joe Hey Olberman...where's your "special comment" about the tone deaf arrogant and insensitive reaction to the remarks of Obama's mentor?

By way of "necessary preface"

Jesus...Liberals are freaks!!

This is just creepy...

15th March 2008 03:00 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Any of your friends running for the office of President of the United States? If so would you vote for any of them?

We have a right to know why this man went to a church for twenty years with a preacher that hates his country and hates whites! We have a right to know why!!!!!!!

We should ask these questions in fact. Obama must explain why he was inspired by this hate monger?!

He is about to lose many white votes because of this bullshit as he should! There is no way of defending it! Period! The end! He's toast! As he should be!

Riffy

I remember in the 80's Reagan supported, that church/college whatever, that was against inter-racial marriage. Anyone remember that? I gues that was hatred for all, not just whites! Bush spoke there too, pretty recently... It's all how you look at it, I think it's all fucked, and that explains, more than any outside forces, why we are having problems as a nation.
15th March 2008 03:04 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Big difference LJ. A person that strongly believes that abortion is murder is not being hateful to anyone but the procedure of killing an embryo or fetus.

In the words of O'Reilly, slightly paraphrased and warped but I make the point!

... You far rightist, associated with people who have commited acts of terror, by blowing up and killing innocent employess of these medical facilties, to further their extremist beliefs.

See it's all bullshit...
15th March 2008 03:13 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

One is based on the defense of the defenseless. The other is based on trying to defend the indefensible.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

You do know only a few generations back, you could own a human being, and not that long ago, people who are still alive, were denied the right to vote. We're white in America, we don't know what it's like to not be. Give me a break... Just look to former Yugo, dude, they're still fighting WWI in some respects there. Shit doesn't die off, it lingers. I don't get it, but fuck it, let homeboy go off. Obama, who gives a fuck? You hated the guy before, now you say it is justified b/c of this. Whatever. I'm white and don't give a fuck. That preacher is no different than Snoop Dog or Marilyn Manson. Churches like that aren't about god, it's a fucking show!
I think people need to understand, you don't understand the black freak out thing. I know I don't. We're talking about large numbers, a majority who think Jacko and OJ are not guilty, despite, knowing they are. They find justice in that, since at one time, you could hang a nigger for fun on a Friday night, and not go to jail.
15th March 2008 07:27 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

However I can honestly say that if a Priest in a church I was attending started spouting off at the mouth in anti-American terms I would stand up and walk out of the service.

because, after all, God is an American

OK now

Cazart!!!!!!
15th March 2008 10:02 AM
LadyJane
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

because, after all, God is an American

OK now

Cazart!!!!!!

Where did I say or infer that?
Let me rephrase.
Should I be in attendance at any community gathering where the the main speaker began denouncing the United States ala Rev. Wright, I would walk out.
Is that secular enough for ya, Jizz?

And you???
Oh yeah..you'd likely applaud.

LJ.
15th March 2008 10:09 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I remember in the 80's Reagan supported, that church/college whatever, that was against inter-racial marriage. Anyone remember that? I gues that was hatred for all, not just whites! Bush spoke there too, pretty recently... It's all how you look at it, I think it's all fucked, and that explains, more than any outside forces, why we are having problems as a nation.

I remember that being all over the mainstream media and him having to own up to it...and he didn't even attend the church for 20 years...he just spoke at it and I think it was a college run my a church...Is this current story being hashed out in the mainstream media for weeks?...There hasn't been a single story on any of the major networks...You make a good point...by accident
15th March 2008 10:14 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

In the words of O'Reilly, slightly paraphrased and warped but I make the point!

... You far rightist, associated with people who have commited acts of terror, by blowing up and killing innocent employess of these medical facilties, to further their extremist beliefs.

See it's all bullshit...

You know the difference here...I know you do...I think you do...maybe you don't...20 years in those pews Pdog...20 years...and yeah...if someone attends a church where they are preaching violence to stop abortion, I absolutely believe they have to own that...and unlike the squirmy bullshittin' Obama, most of them are principled enough to do just that...as whacky as their principles are
15th March 2008 10:16 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Should I be in attendance at any community gathering where the the main speaker began denouncing the United States ala Rev. Wright, I would walk out.
Is that secular enough for ya, Jizz?

So God takes sides in politics?

OK now

glad I'm an atheist
15th March 2008 10:24 AM
Fiji Joe Boy...Obama certainly finds those ideas repulsive...if he had heard them, he would have "quit the church"

Can't you just see this coming back to bite him in the ass when it's proven he was there?

Does anyone actually believe Obama?...The church was one of Black Liberation Theology...and was so for the 20 years he attended...

Anyway..."I don't feel no ways tired"

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/62894.html
15th March 2008 10:38 AM
sirmoonie This guy is done. At least I hope he is. What a hypocrite too, bust lockin' on whitey all the while suggesting anyone who counter-busted was a racist. I'm surprised he got as much mileage as he did out of that, but anyway he's done now.

This place would never let an Obamanite in, nah suh.
http://www.catamaranresort.com/
15th March 2008 10:49 AM
LadyJane
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

glad I'm an atheist

I'm sure God is thankful as well.

LJ.
15th March 2008 10:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

So God takes sides in politics?

Yes. He sides with the guys who wear the white hats.

15th March 2008 11:00 AM
lotsajizz Thanks!
15th March 2008 11:09 AM
nankerphelge Now Obama condemns Wright.

Says that he doesn't recall Wright saying those things when Obama was in church.

Right....

And the Obama campaign cannot figure out whether Wright was or was not part of the campaign.

From MSNBC:

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., condemned racially charged sermons by his former pastor Friday and urged Americans not to reject his presidential campaign because of “guilt by association.”

Obama’s campaign announced that the minister, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., had left its spiritual advisory committee after videotapes of his sermons again ignited fierce debate in news accounts and political blogs.

Obama did not clarify whether Wright volunteered to leave his African American Religious Leadership Committee, a loose group of supporters associated with the campaign, or whether the campaign asked him to leave.

From Fox:

Barack Obama describes longtime pastor Jeremiah Wright Jr. as “like an uncle” and a spiritual mentor, but the presidential candidate rejected Wright’s fiery anti-U.S. and politically divisive sermons after days of mounting pressure to do so.

Obama told FOX News Friday that he could no longer lay low as Wright’s past sermons, where he condemned the United States as institutionally racist and blamed the government for HIV and the Sept. 11 attacks, were played in heavy rotation on national television.

“Once I saw them I had to be very clear about the fact that these are not statements that I am comfortable with,” Obama said. “I reject them completely — they are not ones that reflect my values or my ideals or Michelle’s.”

Obama called his remarks “inflammatory and appalling” in a written statement Friday.

Though Obama has known Wright for 20 years, he said the pastor has never been active in his campaign and that he is no longer on his African American Religious Leadership Committee.

-------------

Obama made the choice to affiliate with this guy for 20 years. He was apparently involved with the Obama campaign as a "spiritual advisor" of some sort. I find it difficult to believe that Wright was not spewing this crap all along, and if it comes out that he was spewing it all along, Obama has painted his narrow little ass into a corner.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)