ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama's Church Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
20th March 2008 04:49 PM
glencar I've always liked black music.
20th March 2008 04:53 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've always liked black music.

20th March 2008 04:56 PM
Fiji Joe Obama's change does not include our education system...or maybe it does...crap!...Who can tell?...Change you can believe in people...Change!!!

Obama and Vouchers
New York Sun Editorial
February 25, 2008

No sooner had we issued Elizabeth Green's dispatch under the headline "Obama Open to Private School Vouchers" than his campaign was scrambling to undo the potential damage with the Democratic primary electorate. On February 20, his campaign issued a statement headlined, "Response to Misleading Reports Concerning Senator Obama's Position on Vouchers" that said, "Senator Obama has always been a critic of vouchers." The statement went on, "Throughout his career, he has voted against voucher proposals and voiced concern for siphoning off resources from our public schools." It noted that Mr. Obama's education agenda "does not include vouchers, in any shape or form."

Clarifying statement aside, there is no taking away what Mr. Obama actually said in the interview with the Milwaukee Journal-Sentininal that was the subject of Ms. Green's dispatch. "If there was any argument for vouchers, it was 'Alright, let's see if this experiment works,' and if it does, then whatever my preconceptions, my attitude is you do what works for the kids," the senator said. "I will not allow my predispositions to stand in the way of making sure that our kids can learn. We're losing several generations of kids and something has to be done."

Parents of schoolchildren, in sharp contradistinction to teachers' unions, will prefer Senator Obama's initial statement to the clarification issued by his campaign. The initial statement was change you can believe in. The follow-up message was the same old interest-group Democratic Party politics as usual. It was plainly designed to assuage the teachers' unions, who are the enemies of change. If Mr. Obama really gets into the education issue, he is going to realize that no position that includes accountability for schools or teachers is going to satisfy that interest group.

What else to make of the post on the United Federation of Teachers blog, which responded to the Obama campaign's clarification on the voucher issue by attacking him for having introduced a bill calling for rating the effectiveness of individual teachers, administrators, and schools using a value-added system, and awarding incentives based on those assessments? Senator Clinton, the UFT blog noted approvingly, had called individual performance-based merit pay for teachers "a bad idea" that could be "demeaning and discouraging."

The candidate who looks strongest on the education issue at the moment is Senator McCain. It hasn't escaped the Arizona Republican, apparently, that the daughters of both Senator Clinton and Obama attended elite private schools of the kind that can be accessed by pupils from ordinary families only where there are scholarships or experimental voucher programs. "I believe parents should be empowered with school choice to send their children to the school that can best educate them just as many members of Congress do with their own children," Mr. McCain says on his campaign Web site.

"I find it beyond hypocritical," Mr. McCain continues, "that many of those who would refuse to allow public school parents to choose their child's school would never agree to force their own children into a school that did not work or was unsafe." Mr. McCain's campaign has not yet issued a statement explaining that the candidate didn't really mean what he said or claiming that his words were taken out of context. It's the difference between a candidate who is a straight-talker and one who, on this issue at least, for all the hype about change, is just a talker.

http://www.nysun.com/article/71798

http://www.nysun.com/article/71403
20th March 2008 07:05 PM
Fiji Joe I just heard Barack on the radio saying that he didn't mean what he said about his grandma in the GREATEST SPEECH OF ALL TIME...what he meant was that she was a "typical white person"...lemme see...he dumps on grammy for stereotyping blacks, and two days later he himself does the same with whites...giggles anyone?

It is time to put the "black experience" excuse to bed..Is it not?...Black Liberation Theology is based on a condemnation of whitey that far predates America and its institution of slavery and racism...James Cone and the reverend Wright make that very clear in their teachings...Obama's religion is one that bases its condemnation of whitey on things that happened way back in biblical times...so for white America, we are placed in quite the pickle...forsake the entire foundation of your culture...or agree with Obama's church
----

"Jesus was a poor black man who lived who lived in a country and who lived in a culture that was controlled by rich white people.

The Romans were rich. The Romans were Italians which means they were European which means they were white. And the Romans ran everything which was in Jesus's country.

It just came to me within the past few weeks y'all why so many folks are hating on Barack Obama. He doesn't fit the model. He ain't white. He ain't rich and he ain't privileged.

Hillary fits the mold. Europeans fit the mold. Giuliani fits the mold. White men fit the mold."

Reverend Jerry Wright -preacher of Black Liberation Theology and Obama's mentor

--------

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community … Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love. "

James Cone - Founder of Black Liberation Theology - Obama's religion

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/JC18Aa01.html

-------

The above doesn't necessarily represent the views of Barack Obama...he only practiced this religion for 20 years, called a preacher of this religion his mentor, stated he was oh so proud of his mentor, donated tens of thousands dollars to this religion, etc. etc...You're still free to think he his "one America" rhetoric is from his heart...as foolish as that sounds

20th March 2008 07:18 PM
Riffhard Damn Feej how they gonna counter that shit?! Are you knocking Obama because of the company he keeps? Surely not! LOL!

Oh, and then there's this. According to this non-partisan purely unbiased source Obama's speech was Lincolnesque! It was even better than Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech! It should be taught to 1st graders as well as college grad students! Don't believe me? Just listen to this journalist! He has no bias. It's important that you remember that.

Excuse me while I go puke.

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
20th March 2008 07:49 PM
CrissCrossMind Read a book ... by a man just as Black as Obama ... perhaps more thoughtfull ... without a doubt more honest ... did anyone hear Obama's racial sterotype today for white woman or people in general?

The book is by Shelby Steele:

Why we are excited: Obama is a talented, charismatic politician and living proof that whites have welcomed blacks into the mainstream. Why he can't win: He's still mired in an ideology of racial victimhood and separatism that Steele (White Guilt), a Hoover Institution fellow and, like Obama, the son of a black father and white mother, deplores in this stimulating, conservative critique. Obama's conflict over his mixed parentage and abandonment by his father, the author argues, engenders a need to prove his racial authenticity by accommodating a black identity politics that, while it energizes his African-American base, risks alienating white voters. Worse, as president Obama might reflexively support affirmative action and government initiatives to help African-Americans, instead of emphasizing the self-reliance, individual responsibility and avid assimilation that Steele contends are the only remedies for the black community's problems. The author's tendency to psychologize Obama's policy agenda sometimes overreaches. Still, the book is full of fresh insights into the cultural politics of race; Steele's analysis of Louis Armstrong and Oprah Winfrey as iconic Negroes granting moral absolution to whites, is a tour de force.

Book Description
In Shelby Steele's beautifully wrought and thought provoking new book, A Bound Man, the award-winning and bestselling author of The Content of Our Character attests that Senator Barack Obama's groundbreaking quest for the highest office in the land is fast becoming a galvanizing occasion beyond mere presidential politics, one that is forcing a national dialogue on the current state of race relations in America. Says Steele, poverty and inequality usually are the focus of such dialogues, but Obama's bid for so high an office pushes the conversation to a more abstract level where race is a politics of guilt and innocence generated by our painful racial history -- a kind of morality play between (and within) the races in which innocence is power and guilt is impotence.

Steele writes of how Obama is caught between the two classic postures that blacks have always used to make their way in the white American mainstream: bargaining and challenging. Bargainers strike a "bargain" with white America in which they say, I will not rub America's ugly history of racism in your face if you will not hold my race against me. Challengers do the opposite of bargainers. They charge whites with inherent racism and then demand that they prove themselves innocent by supporting black-friendly policies like affirmative action and diversity.

Steele maintains that Senator Obama is too constrained by these elaborate politics to find his own true political voice. ... And yet he is a Promethean figure, a bound man.

Says Steele, Americans are constrained by a racial correctness so totalitarian that we are afraid even to privately ask ourselves what we think about racial matters. Like Obama, most of us find it easier to program ourselves for correctness rather than risk knowing and expressing what we truly feel. Obama emerges as a kind of Everyman in whom we can see our own struggle to accept and honor what we honestly feel about race. In A Bound Man, Steele makes clear the precise constellation of forces that bind Senator Obama, and proposes a way for him to break these bonds and find his own voice.The courage to trust in one's own judgment is the new racial progress, the "way out" from the forces that now bind us all.

Obama is a racist ... similar to the tag he put on his dear Grandma ... this rookie is gonna get his party beat ... CCM

[Edited by CrissCrossMind]
20th March 2008 08:20 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
CrissCrossMind wrote:

Steele writes of how Obama is caught between the two classic postures that blacks have always used to make their way in the white American mainstream: bargaining and challenging. Bargainers strike a "bargain" with white America in which they say, I will not rub America's ugly history of racism in your face if you will not hold my race against me. Challengers do the opposite of bargainers. They charge whites with inherent racism and then demand that they prove themselves innocent by supporting black-friendly policies like affirmative action and diversity.

"Bargainer"...Sounds about right...A question...Is the "black experience" the same for a black man who grew up on a pacific island different than for a black man who grew up on the mainland?...Are Obama's problems just another result of "keeping it real" gone wrong?
20th March 2008 08:53 PM
pdog I'd probably take you guys more serious if you didn't support the biggest retard and foreign policy blunder ever. You guys keep going on and on and on... Guess what 4,000 americans and almost 80,000 Iraqi civilians have died b/c Bush was clueless, and had idiots like Rumsfeld handing out contracts instead of actually winning a peace!!!
So shut up about loud mouthed niggers already, b/c you're all just bi\eing loud mouths too, and your my friends. You're almost as annoying as that fucking preacher, and ypou don't even see it!
20th March 2008 09:00 PM
Riffhard Embracing Race Hustlers is a longtime tradition of the left. I mean for all the bullshit talk about Republicans being racists I gotta throw the "bullshit flag". See when a black man makes it by his own ingenuity and hard work and he happens to be a Republican or conservative what happens?

That's right. The Oh so open-minded, morally upright, all inclusive liberals start saying things like he's an "Uncle Tom" or she's an "Aunt Tomasina". They get their black leaders and unhinged black preachers to start screaming from the pulpits in black churches shit like, "He's a house nigger!"

This happens all the time! All the time! It never happens from the right either! It always happens from the left! Always!

Many liberals are racists or a bunch of idiotic dupes that embrace "black paternalism" and "white guilt". It sickens me to no end. Then by way of venting their collective own white guilt or paternalistic needs they blame anyone that thinks differently than they or racism. It's a nice little trick, huh?

So Bill Cosby gets called a turncoat. Clarence Thomas is called a cracker loving house nigger. Colin Powell, same story. Condi Rice? Yep her too. Notice any pattern here. They are all black conservatives!!! When was the last time we heard a black liberal described like this? Uhhhh, how about never.

Oh,and speaking of embracing Race Hustlers, and outright bigoted racists, here's a shot of the "The First Black President" embracing the good Rev Wright. The same man that preaches death to whitey!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
20th March 2008 09:26 PM
pdog Riffy, religion is bullshit, and religion and politics is why humans suffer and fight wars. There's no gray area here. Jews, christians and muslims been doing for a long, long time!!! This isn't about Obama, it's about racial hatred and religion. Republicans and Dems are both equally guilty, so don't anyone go making this an issue of left or right, b/c that is more partisan bullshit, and proof of how fucking in denial most humans are about prejudice and hate!
20th March 2008 09:43 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'd probably take you guys more serious if you didn't support the biggest retard and foreign policy blunder ever. You guys keep going on and on and on... Guess what 4,000 americans and almost 80,000 Iraqi civilians have died b/c Bush was clueless, and had idiots like Rumsfeld handing out contracts instead of actually winning a peace!!!
So shut up about loud mouthed niggers already, b/c you're all just bi\eing loud mouths too, and your my friends. You're almost as annoying as that fucking preacher, and ypou don't even see it!

I had a long response typed out...but I'm not posting it...just remember what you wrote here..because I have every intention of addressing you in this same manner at a future time....and maybe, check the title of the thread...and know that there isn't a single person here forcing you to read any of this
20th March 2008 09:48 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Riffy, religion is bullshit, and religion and politics is why humans suffer and fight wars. There's no gray area here. Jews, christians and muslims been doing for a long, long time!!! This isn't about Obama, it's about racial hatred and religion. Republicans and Dems are both equally guilty, so don't anyone go making this an issue of left or right, b/c that is more partisan bullshit, and proof of how fucking in denial most humans are about prejudice and hate!

No...this is about Obama...I started the thread...I should know....Start you a thread about whatever nonsense that's bothering you on any given day...I want even come in it and call you a loud moth or tell you the thread isn't about what it really is...If you got some facts, or a lucid opinion about Obama and his religion, share it...but this circular babble you're posting is "annoying"
20th March 2008 09:54 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I had a long response typed out...but I'm not posting it...just remember what you wrote here..because I have every intention of addressing you in this same manner at a future time....and maybe, check the title of the thread...and know that there isn't a single person here forcing you to read any of this

WTF does that mean. Dude, you were the person is NYC who said to me, I've never seen so many black people. You remember that. Remember earlier how you claimed so much experience with blacks... And it wasn't racist what you said, I took it at its face. Why can't you accept that black people might feel like there's alot of white people in a certain place? And religion, is bullshit. Claimng a politicians church is fucked up, is like telling me that water is wet. Why do you think I can't stan either party, or the pius bullshit and that this preacher is news. It ain't news to me. I've been living with this black attitude towards white my entire life. I can't stand people like the preacher, I can't stan religion, and it disgusts me that people are basing a president on a religion. It's fucking retarded, and the bullshit news articles you've posted, are proof. you're yelling I gotcha. You've spent this entire thread acting like you're above it. You're not, you're just like the preacher, you just ain't at church, but you're pushing your views just as hard. You always do... own it dude. And drop you're fall back position of, i'm taking names and numbers and I won't forget what you said BS. Count how many news articles you posted, even with three days off.
20th March 2008 09:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

No...this is about Obama...I started the thread...I should know....Start you a thread about whatever nonsense that's bothering you on any given day...I want even come in it and call you a loud moth or tell you the thread isn't about what it really is...If you got some facts, or a lucid opinion about Obama and his religion, share it...but this circular babble you're posting is "annoying"

Look up annoying, you know what's next to it?
20th March 2008 10:07 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

WTF does that mean. Dude, you were the person is NYC who said to me, I've never seen so many black people. You remember that. Remember earlier how you claimed so much experience with blacks... And it wasn't racist what you said, I took it at its face. Why can't you accept that black people might feel like there's alot of white people in a certain place? And religion, is bullshit. Claimng a politicians church is fucked up, is like telling me that water is wet. Why do you think I can't stan either party, or the pius bullshit and that this preacher is news. It ain't news to me. I've been living with this black attitude towards white my entire life. I can't stand people like the preacher, I can't stan religion, and it disgusts me that people are basing a president on a religion. It's fucking retarded, and the bullshit news articles you've posted, are proof. you're yelling I gotcha. You've spent this entire thread acting like you're above it. You're not, you're just like the preacher, you just ain't at church, but you're pushing your views just as hard. You always do... own it dude. And drop you're fall back position of, i'm taking names and numbers and I won't forget what you said BS. Count how many news articles you posted, even with three days off.

What views of my own have I "pushed"...they have been few...and address them and their alleged shortcomings...or just cry about something that has nothing to do with this thread or the issue at hand...like you generally do...I think you just called me a racist...not sure...and I don't think I would have ever made that comment about blacks in NYC...so I think you're "misremembering"...I might make that comment about some other city...such as Atlanta or the city I just spent 3 days...I probably have...but not NYC...it didn't strike me as being disproportionately black at all...it did strike me has having a whole lot of Puerto Ricans

Like I said...start you a thread for your daily beef...you can even come in this thread and tell me why I'm wrong...but you, of all people, coming in here and telling me I can't or shouldn't talk about it, or that I'm a loud mouth for doing so is rich...coming from you...there was no lack of participation in this thread...some good debate from those who are lucid enough to know what I'm talking about...and then there's your behavior...I got ya man...you think religion is bullshit...I got it the first time you posted that sentiment...I, however, tend to think that ii is not BS and can, as in this case, tell us a lot about a candidate...particularly when the religion goes beyond the bounds of God and speaks to political issues...such as Black Liberation Theology ...I don't expect you to understand that and I don't expect you to get of your ass and try to educate yourself on the issue...What I have come to expect of you is some simplistic discounting of the issue at hand with a complete non-sequitur and in general, talking out of your ass

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
20th March 2008 10:08 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
Riffy, religion is bullshit, and religion and politics is why humans suffer and fight wars. There's no gray area here. Jews, christians and muslims been doing for a long, long time!!! This isn't about Obama, it's about racial hatred and religion. Republicans and Dems are both equally guilty, so don't anyone go making this an issue of left or right, b/c that is more partisan bullshit, and proof of how fucking in denial most humans are about prejudice and hate!

Pdog I do not for an instant think that religion is bullshit. Not even close. The act of using religion as an excuse to abuse power, or foment violence is one thing. However, it is painting with far too wide a brush to say that all religion is bullshit. My niece is staunchly religous for example. Know what she last year for two months? She spent time in the most poverty stricken regions of Central America to help build houses for people that had nothing. She also spent the better part of six weeks in New Orleans after Katrina. Both of these trips were organized by her church. Religion can be great when it sticks to it's core values. Unless, of course, those core values include shit like Black Liberation, and other such hateful tennets.

I'm gonna tell you a true story. Back in 1991 I moved down to Boca Raton to work as an Executive Sous Chef at one of Boca's most prestigious counry clubs. Boca Grove. As the Exec Sous my job was to not only plan menus etc, but also to schedual and handle the dish washing staff and other kitchen staff. Many of them were Haitian. One became very close to me. We called him Scoots becaue he was so damned fast at everything he did.

Anyway, I digress. One time I had to pull Scoots into my office because he had gotten into a rather loud verbal screaming match with one of the other dishwashers. It almost came to blows. I sat him down to hash the whole thing out. Turns out he was arguing with a black guy that was angry at Scoots for working so hard, and fast. He said that Scoots was making everyone else look bad and to slow down. Scoots said that that angered him for good reason, but what really set him off was when this guy accused him of trying to suck up to his "white bosses"! That infuriated Scoots to no end. He then said something to me that I will never forget. "Chef Steve these stupid American blacks have no idea how lucky they have it in America!" He went on to tell me of his life in Port Au Prince, Haiti. He stated that American blacks use slavery as an excuse for everything. Scooter talked about the fact that other blacks from Haiti and Africa have a strong resentments towards American blacks because they have it so easy, but they stay so angry that they never get past it. Why do American blacks feel this way? Because of "white guilt", and feel good liberal "black paternalism".

A black man from one of the poorest most violent country's in the world can see the problem for what it is. Yet, liberal "privileged whites" refuse to ever talk about it. Why? Because they don't want the label racist attached to them. So what do they do? They label everyone that dissagrees with them a racist. Even if the person in disagreement is black! Everyone wins! The liberal "privileged whites" feel good for their paternalism. The Race Hustlers feel good because they can continue to fleece their own, and the government. The only lossers are the blacks that are left with a bitter never ending resentment. Who foments that resentment?

Scoots could tell you.

Riffy
20th March 2008 10:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Look up annoying, you know what's next to it?

Cry some more...really...squirt some more tears
20th March 2008 10:23 PM
Fiji Joe Deleting posts is for poonannies
20th March 2008 10:25 PM
Riffhard I did that Feej. I wanted to give Pdog the chance to respond to my previous post.

Riffy
20th March 2008 10:26 PM
wasted Here is some facts about the current status of the race between Obama and Clinton and not opinions. Source- Real Clear Politics

Obama has actually GAINED pledged delegates in March. Clinton won a net total of 6 delegates over Obama on March 4th when Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island, Vermont voted. Obama gained a net total of 7 delegates when he won Mississippi and Wyoming. Also, he gained most of Edwards delegates in Iowa when they actually selected the delegates and when the story of Obama' pastor was being broadcast nonstop on Fox and other news channels to a lesser degree.

In the delegate race, Obama beat Clinton in Texas.

The latest polls do not show any great movement to Clinton.

RCP Average 03/13 - 03/19 - 47.2 44.2 Obama +3.0
Gallup Tracking 03/17 - 03/19 1219 V 43 48 Clinton +5.0
Rasmussen Tracking 03/16 - 03/19 900 LV 46 43 Obama +3.0
CBS News 03/15 - 03/18 LV 46 43 Obama +3.0
CNN 03/14 - 03/16 463 RV 52 45 Obama +7.0
USA Today/Gallup 03/14 - 03/16 530 A 49 42 Obama +7.0
Reuters/Zogby 03/13 - 03/14 525 LV 47 44 Obama +3.0

The above polls were taken when Obama's Pastor story was being broadcast nonstop on Fox and other news channels to a lesser degree

NBC/WSJ 03/07 - 03/10 RV 43 47 Clinton +4.0
Newsweek 03/05 - 03/06 573 RV 45 44 Obama +1.0
ABC/Wash Post 02/28 - 03/02 629 A 50 43 Obama +7.0
Rasmussen 02/28 - 03/02 900 LV 44 45 Clinton +1.0
LA Times/Bloomberg 02/21 - 02/25 LV 48 42 Obama +6.0
AP-Ipsos 02/22 - 02/24 473 RV 46 43 Obama +3.0
USA Today/Gallup 02/21 - 02/24

The popular vote when counting only primaries shows Obama about 600,000 votes in the lead. Again, this only the voting in primaries

The pledged delegate lead of 168 is not close despite the Media myth that it is. The proof is the result in Ohio. She won by 10 points. Not a close race. No question it was a big Clinton victory. She gained a net total of 9 delegates from this big victory.

By any reasonable definition, Clinton is facing long odds to anyone who actually understands how this process works and how delegates are allocated. Whether your a big Clinton supporter, neutral, or a big Obama supporter, them are the facts.

If these totals and these numbers were the opposite and Clinton had this kind of lead, it would be interesting to speculate what she would be saying. There is good reason to believe she would not be talking about how even the race is.

20th March 2008 10:34 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
wasted wrote:
Here is some facts about the current status of the race between Obama and Clinton and not opinions. Source- Real Clear Politics

Obama has actually GAINED pledged delegates in March. Clinton won a net total of 6 delegates over Obama on March 4th when Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island, Vermont voted. Obama gained a net total of 7 delegates when he won Mississippi and Wyoming. Also, he gained most of Edwards delegates in Iowa when they actually selected the delegates and when the story of Obama' pastor was being broadcast nonstop on Fox and other news channels to a lesser degree.

In the delegate race, Obama beat Clinton in Texas.

The latest polls do not show any great movement to Clinton.

RCP Average 03/13 - 03/19 - 47.2 44.2 Obama +3.0
Gallup Tracking 03/17 - 03/19 1219 V 43 48 Clinton +5.0
Rasmussen Tracking 03/16 - 03/19 900 LV 46 43 Obama +3.0
CBS News 03/15 - 03/18 LV 46 43 Obama +3.0
CNN 03/14 - 03/16 463 RV 52 45 Obama +7.0
USA Today/Gallup 03/14 - 03/16 530 A 49 42 Obama +7.0
Reuters/Zogby 03/13 - 03/14 525 LV 47 44 Obama +3.0

The above polls were taken when Obama's Pastor story was being broadcast nonstop on Fox and other news channels to a lesser degree

NBC/WSJ 03/07 - 03/10 RV 43 47 Clinton +4.0
Newsweek 03/05 - 03/06 573 RV 45 44 Obama +1.0
ABC/Wash Post 02/28 - 03/02 629 A 50 43 Obama +7.0
Rasmussen 02/28 - 03/02 900 LV 44 45 Clinton +1.0
LA Times/Bloomberg 02/21 - 02/25 LV 48 42 Obama +6.0
AP-Ipsos 02/22 - 02/24 473 RV 46 43 Obama +3.0
USA Today/Gallup 02/21 - 02/24

The popular vote when counting only primaries shows Obama about 600,000 votes in the lead. Again, this only the voting in primaries

The pledged delegate lead of 168 is not close despite the Media myth that it is. The proof is the result in Ohio. She won by 10 points. Not a close race. No question it was a big Clinton victory. She gained a net total of 9 delegates from this big victory.

By any reasonable definition, Clinton is facing long odds to anyone who actually understands how this process works and how delegates are allocated. Whether your a big Clinton supporter, neutral, or a big Obama supporter, them are the facts.

If these totals and these numbers were the opposite and Clinton had this kind of lead, it would be interesting to speculate what she would be saying. There is good reason to believe she would not be talking about how even the race is.

Yes...Obama has won the democrat nomination..thanks for telling us again
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)