ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama's Church Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19th March 2008 11:32 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

But "blacks" aren't a monolithic entity either.

I agree...which makes this nonsense of excusing racist and hate speech because of some "black experience" bullshit...My school system growing up was 40% black...and the time I spent in the service, I lived and worked within a community that was disproportionately black...and the one observation I am comfortable making is that this excuse of the "black experience" is the greatest impediment for a black person trying to succeed in America...which is why I am so damn angry with Obama peddling this "black experience" aka "black thang" to the masses...of course he says that to justify Wright's statements...it's what many white people think and it's what most black people want to hear...so it's very palatable...but it's a very destructive train of thought however...one I might be inclined to think was correct if I had not seen its effects...and if I had not seen what black people are capable of when they don't let other black people and white people remind them of the "black experience"...the military is a perfect example of that...ironic, I know, for a lot of left leaning people......This point, my observation, has been confirmed with me by many black people over my life...that the impediment is one of low expectations and the message of worthlessness and incompetence that is sent to the black community by well-meaning, but misguided, social policies...that is why, I think, you see so many blacks from foreign nations succeed...they are much less likely to be tainted by the "black experience"...and dare I say, this "experience" is fostered and encouraged by pastors like Wright and politicians like Obama for personal power gain...It's not bullshit...it's a fact...but so many people, black and white, as I said earlier, don't want to own up to that...If you don't believe me, just look at those speeches by Wright...and Obama's lame ass excuses for those speeches

I'm not sure I've articulated that well enough...suffice to say, you have to live it and see it to know what I'm talking about...Ironically, it's a white thing

Bottom line...I find Obama to be just as big a racist towards blacks as he and Wright imply, or overtly state, that I am...Knowing what I know...and knowing that to the be truth, you can probably guess why his bullshit angers me
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
19th March 2008 11:46 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Any attempt to understand the difference between the privileged white perspective and the black experience will subject you to ridicule from those seeking to obscure the reality of racism in America.

Paternalism = racism...Do you know some people like that?

But for kicks...share the "black experience" with us...but be sure to share ALL the "black experience"..and maybe you have no insight into that...I'll buy that...if that's the case, share the "privileged white perspective"...but as a preface, I think it would help if you define who the "privileged white" are...I want to know if you're talking about some people I know...fact-checking and whatnot
19th March 2008 11:55 PM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Prodigal Son talkin' smart

[Edited by Nasty Habits]

Aaaw, I'm so honoured (tear). But really it's nice to see. When I started on RO I was merely a rock/music fanatic loving the Stones and discovering more reasons to do so. But now as a university undergraduate (with a BA in history as of January 2009!) I now feel like I belong with the older adults of RO. I can actually talk about this kind've high-minded stuff. Next step would be to party with the older adults of RO too.
19th March 2008 11:59 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I agree...which makes this nonsense of excusing racist and hate speech because of some "black experience" bullshit...My school system growing up was 40% black...and the time I spent in the service, I lived and worked within a community that was disproportionately black...and the one observation I am comfortable making is that this excuse of the "black experience" is the greatest impediment for a black person trying to succeed in America...which is why I am so damn angry with Obama peddling this "black experience" aka "black thang" to the masses...of course he says that to justify Wright's statements...it's what many white people think and it's what most black people want to hear...so it's very palatable...but it's a very destructive train of thought however...one I might be inclined to think was correct if I had not seen its effects...and if I had not seen what black people are capable of when they don't let other black people and white people remind them of the "black experience"...the military is a perfect example of that...ironic, I know, for a lot of left leaning people......This point, my observation, has been confirmed with me by many black people over my life...that the impediment is one of low expectations and the message of worthlessness and incompetence that is sent to the black community by well-meaning, but misguided, social policies...that is why, I think, you see so many blacks from foreign nations succeed...they are much less likely to be tainted by the "black experience"...and dare I say, this "experience" is fostered and encouraged by pastors like Wright and politicians like Obama for personal power gain...It's not bullshit...it's a fact...but so many people, black and white, as I said earlier, don't want to own up to that...If you don't believe me, just look at those speeches by Wright...and Obama's lame ass excuses for those speeches

I'm not sure I've articulated that well enough...suffice to say, you have to live it and see it to know what I'm talking about...Ironically, it's a white thing

Bottom line...I find Obama to be just as big a racist towards blacks as he and Wright imply, or overtly state, that I am...Knowing what I know...and knowing that to the be truth, you can probably guess why his bullshit angers me
[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Ding motherfuucking ding!!! I could not have said that any better! I know all about this "black experience" as I come from Atlanta and have spoken with plenty of brothers about it. You are dead right. This is the point that Bill Cosby has been so eloquently saying over and over agin. What kind of reception did his speeches get? He was slammed by every race hustler in the business! And make no mistake, it is a business. This explains why Jesse and good ol' Al never ever slam their own racists. Jesse was asked what he thought about the good Rev Wright's comments. He response? "No comment." LOL! Typical.

I fear that just by bringing this up though Feej you have opened yourself up to unwarrented accusations of racism. Funny how that works, huh?

Riffy
20th March 2008 12:12 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
Get this. From what I heard the media are going to release more video of ANOTHER preacher that Obama is associated with just like Jeremiah Wright! Damn does this guy lie down with dogs or what?!

He just took down an endorsement link from the black panther party from his website...this morning...a day after THE GREATEST SPEECH OF ALL TIME...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...spin it people...lemme hear ya spin it

ELECTION 2008
Obama website yanks 'Black Panthers' plug
'It's part of the game,' says anti-white, anti-Jew leader
Posted: March 19, 2008
7:33 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

The removal by the Barack Obama campaign from its official website of an endorsement from the black supremacist New Black Panther Party, or NBPP, was decided upon for "understandable political reasons," according to the party's national chairman.

"It's the game of politics," the NBPP's Malik Zulu Shabazz told WND. "The Obama camp's move to remove our blog doesn't mean much because I understand politics. We still completely support Obama as the best candidate."

Shabbaz, who has given scores of speeches condemning "white men" and Jews, said today Obama "is the best guy to bring the kinds of racial changes supported by our community at the New Black Panthers."

The NBPP, which inherited its name from the Black Panther Party of the 1960s, is a controversial black extremist party whose leaders are notorious for their racist statements and anti-white activism. The organization's own website also was taken down today too.

WND broke the story yesterday about the the NBPP endorsing the presidential candidate on the Obama website.

"Obama will stir the 'Melting Pot' into a better 'Molten America,'" stated the endorsement from the New Black Panther Party, a registered team member and blogger on Obama's "MyObama" campaign website.

But following publicity about the web posting, Obama's campaign removed the NBPP page.

"It's our policy with any content generated by a group that advocates violence," explained Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor to FoxNews.com.

Before the campaign removed the party's page, Obama spokeswoman Tiffany Edwards told FoxNews.com that section of the website "has nothing to do with us."

"People can form their own groups," she said. "It's not something that the campaign – it's not something that we've done."

The latest controversy came at a time Obama sought to distance himself from anti-American and anti-Israel remarks made by his pastor of some twenty years, Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr.

In an interview, Shabazz complimented Obama's handling of the Wright issue that prompted a major speech yesterday.

"I think the way Obama responded to the attack on him and the attempt to sabotage his campaign shows true leadership and character. He had a chance to denounce his pastor and he didn't fall for the bait. He stood up and addressed real issues of racial discord," stated Shabazz.

Shabazz boasted he met Obama last March when the politician attended the 42nd anniversary of the voting rights marches in Selma, Ala.

"I have nothing but respect for Obama and for his pastor," said Shabazz.

Speaking to WND, Shabazz referred to Obama as a man with a "Muslim background, a man of color."

The NBPP's official platform states "white man has kept us deaf, dumb and blind," refers to the "white racist government of America," demands black people be exempt from military service and uses the word "Jew" repeatedly in quotation marks.

Shabazz has led racially divisive protests and conferences, such as the 1998 Million Youth March in which a few thousand Harlem youths reportedly were called upon to scuffle with police officers and speakers demanded the extermination of whites in South Africa.

The NBPP chairman was quoted at a May 2007 protest against the 400-year celebration of the settlement of Jamestown, Va., stating, "When the white man came here, you should have left him to die."

He claimed Jews engaged in an "African holocaust," and he has promoted the anti-Semitic urban legend that 4,000 Israelis fled the World Trade Center just prior to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

When Shabazz was denied entry to Canada last May while trying to speak at a black action event, he blamed Jewish groups and claimed Canada "is run from Israel."

Canadian officials justified the action stating he has an "anti-Semitic" and "anti-police" record, but some reports blamed what was termed a minor criminal history for the decision to deny him entry.

He similarly blamed Jews for then-New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani's initial decision, later rescinded, against granting a permit for the Million Youth March.

The NBPP's deceased chairman, Khallid Abdul Muhammad, a former Nation of Islam leader who was once considered Louis Farrakhan's most trusted adviser, gave speeches referring to the "white man" as the "devil" and claiming that "there is a little bit of Hitler in all white people."

In a 1993 speech condemned by the U.S. Congress and Senate, Muhammad, lionized on the NBPP site, referred to Jews as "bloodsuckers," labeled the pope a "no-good cracker" and advocated the murder of white South Africans who would not leave the nation subsequent to a 24-hour warning.

All NBPP members must memorize the group's rules, such as that no party member "can have a weapon in his possession while drunk or loaded off narcotics or weed," and no member "will commit any crimes against other party members or black people at all."

The group labeled itself on Obama's site as representing "Freedom, Justice, and Peace for all of Mankind." It linked to the official NBPP website, which contains what can be arguably regarded as hate material.

The NBPP racked up 396 Obama campaign points, which purportedly are points given to users who raise funds, sign up other supporters or score high user ratings.

Obama 'less biased' on Israel

Shabazz told WND that aside from promoting black rights, he also supports Obama because he may take what he called a "less biased" policy on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

"I have hopes he will change the U.S. government's position toward the Israeli-Palestinian conflict because our position has been unwarranted bias. Time and time again the U.S. vetoed resolutions in the U.N. Security Council condemning [Israeli] human rights violation. ... I hope he shifts policy," Shabazz said.

But he added he doesn't believe Obama could change America's policy regarding Israel very much since, he said, "other, powerful lobbies" control U.S. foreign policy.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59398

Obama was so proud of them he linked them on his site

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/36/250px-New_Black_Panther_Party.JPG
20th March 2008 12:14 AM
pdog They're called Hatertainers Riffy. I coined the phrase earlier in this thread.

20th March 2008 12:17 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I fear that just by bringing this up though Feej you have opened yourself up to unwarrented accusations of racism. Funny how that works, huh?

Sure...I have...I'll discuss the possibilities of me being a racist with my coco brown wife and children...see what they have to say about it
20th March 2008 12:26 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
They're called Hatertainers Riffy. I coined the phrase earlier in this thread.

The "black experience" has morphed from a legacy of slavery and racism to one of government dependency and low expectations...fostered by the purveyors of hate described above...and absolutely, I think the democrats through their pandering have played a large part in creating this new "black experience"...some of it was done by well-meaning politicians...but let's not be fucking stupid here...much of it was done to bolster their political power base...regardless of the true consequences

Obama preaches he is an AGENT of change...when in reality, his mere presence as a BLACK man, soon to be the democrat's nominee for president shows that he is a PRODUCT of change...change, Obama, that we managed to achieve without you...thank you very much
20th March 2008 12:27 AM
MikeyC613 Huckabee defends Wright.

An assist from an unexpected quarter:

"[Y]ou can't hold the candidate responsible for everything that people around him may say or do," Huckabee says. "It's interesting to me that there are some people on the left who are having to be very uncomfortable with what ... Wright said, when they all were all over a Jerry Falwell, or anyone on the right who said things that they found very awkward and uncomfortable, years ago. Many times those were statements lifted out of the context of a larger sermon. Sermons, after all, are rarely written word for word by pastors like Rev. Wright, who are delivering them extemporaneously, and caught up in the emotion of the moment. There are things that sometimes get said, that if you put them on paper and looked at them in print, you'd say 'Well, I didn't mean to say it quite like that.'"

Later, he defended Wright's anger, too:

"As easy as it is for those of us who are white to look back and say 'That's a terrible statement!' ... I grew up in a very segregated South. And I think that you have to cut some slack -- and I'm gonna be probably the only conservative in America who's gonna say something like this, but I'm just tellin' you -- we've gotta cut some slack to people who grew up being called names..."

I think Obama did the right thing. He didn't disown a guy who had tendencies to fly off the handle and say some wild shit every once in a while. If I was running for office and a video of my Dad or my Uncle saying some racist shit at a holiday gathering surfaced, I would say I disagree, but I mean, fuck it, I'm not gonna throw the guy under a bus.

Does anyone here believe that Obama joined this Church for the radical, racial and anti-American comments? Looking at Obama, do you really think he clapped along and dug those sermons?

I don't understand how some people can only believe that this preacher was like this 100% of the time. Do you think it's possible that oh, maybe 5 times a year, out of probably 52 major sermons, this guy got a little crazy? That he was so outraged at the sins of the world that he took it out on whatever was in the news? I don't defend what he said, but I have the ability to put it into context.

Obama saw past this man's faults and embraced him for introducing him to Christ and a lifetime of serving communities. Obama's problem is that he was politically blind, not seeing that this could harm him down the road. And if it does harm him, he says, "fuck it". He's not ditching Reverend Wright, because in Barack's eyes, the good outweighed the bad.
20th March 2008 12:38 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
Huckabee defends Wright.

Does anyone here believe that Obama joined this Church for the radical, racial and anti-American comments? Looking at Obama, do you really think he clapped along and dug those sermons?

Yes...20 years bro...and you do realize that he had a political career prior to his presidential run?...and you do know that this church, and its congregational played a large role in that career?...he used it for all it was worth...and now, Obama's chickens...are coming home...to roost

He's a political animal just like all the other political animals...he chose, and stayed in the church that fed that political animal...

Does this sound like a man who slept through the sermons?

Mr. Obama cites in his “Dreams From My Father” book (page 293) what passages of this speech (Wright's Audacity of Hope speech) most inspired him, including:

“It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks’ greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere…That’s the world! On which hope sits!”

Barack Obama - Dreams of My Father

Sure sounds like he hates whitey to me
20th March 2008 12:46 AM
Fiji Joe What smart black men who don't play the race card have to say about Obama:

Obama's Speech
By Thomas Sowell
Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Did Senator Barack Obama's speech in Philadelphia convince people that he is still a viable candidate to be President of the United States, despite the adverse reactions to statements by his pastor, Jeremiah Wright?

The polls and the primaries will answer that question.

The great unasked question for Senator Obama is the question that was asked about President Nixon during the Watergate scandal; What did he know and when did he know it?

Although Senator Obama would now have us believe that he is shocked, shocked, at what Jeremiah Wright said, that he was not in the church when pastor Wright said those things from the pulpit, this still leaves the question of why he disinvited Wright from the event at which he announced his candidacy for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination a year ago.

Either Barack Obama or his staff must have known then that Jeremiah Wright was not someone whom they wanted to expose to the media and to the media scrutiny to which that could lead.

Why not, if it is only now that Senator Obama is learning for the first time, to his surprise, what kinds of things Jeremiah Wright has been saying and doing?

No one had to be in church the day Wright made his inflammatory and obscene remarks to know about them.

The cable news journalists who are playing the tapes of those sermons were not there. The tapes were on sale in the church itself. Obama knew that because he had bought one or more of those tapes.

But even if there were no tapes, and even if Obama never heard from other members of the church what their pastor was saying, he spent 20 years in that church, not just as an ordinary member but also as someone who once donated $20,000 to the church.

There was no way that he didn't know about Jeremiah Wright's anti-American and racist diatribes from the pulpit.

Someone once said that a con man's job is not to convince skeptics but to enable people to continue to believe what they already want to believe.

Accordingly, Obama's Philadelphia speech -- a theatrical masterpiece -- will probably reassure most Democrats and some other Obama supporters. They will undoubtedly say that we should now "move on," even though many Democrats have still not yet moved on from George W. Bush's 2000 election victory.

Like the Soviet show trials during their 1930s purges, Obama's speech was not supposed to convince critics but to reassure supporters and fellow-travelers, in order to keep the "useful idiots" useful. continued...

Best-selling author Shelby Steele's recent book on Barack Obama ("A Bound Man") has valuable insights into both the man and the circumstances facing many other blacks -- especially those who were never part of the black ghetto culture but who feel a need to identify with it for either personal, political or financial reasons.

Like religious converts who become more Catholic than the Pope, such people often become blacker-than-thou. For whatever reason, Barack Obama chose a black extremist church decades ago -- even though there was no shortage of very different churches, both black and white -- in Chicago.

Some say that he was trying to earn credibility on the ghetto streets, to facilitate his work as a community activist or for his political career. We may never know why.

But now that Barack Obama is running for a presidential nomination, he is doing so on a radically different basis, as a post-racial candidate uniquely prepared to bring us all together.

Yet the past continues to follow him, despite his attempts to bury it and the mainstream media's attempts to ignore it or apologize for it.

Shelby Steele depicts Barack Obama as a man without real convictions, "an iconic figure who neglected to become himself."

Senator Obama has been at his best as an icon, able with his command of words to meet other people's psychic needs, including a need to dispel white guilt by supporting his candidacy.

But President of the United States, in a time of national danger, under a looming threat of nuclear terrorism? No.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2008/03/19/obamas_speech

20th March 2008 12:46 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Fiji Joes Nigger wrote:
You is always right, Masta Feej. Always.

You got that right mookie...
20th March 2008 01:04 AM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

The "black experience" has morphed from a legacy of slavery and racism to one of government dependency and low expectations...fostered by the purveyors of hate described above...and absolutely, I think the democrats through their pandering have played a large part in creating this new "black experience"...some of it was done by well-meaning politicians...but let's not be fucking stupid here...much of it was done to bolster their political power base...regardless of the true consequences

Obama preaches he is an AGENT of change...when in reality, his mere presence as a BLACK man, soon to be the democrat's nominee for president shows that he is a PRODUCT of change...change, Obama, that we managed to achieve without you...thank you very much

Dude I agree with you on this... The Hatertainers are preachers, like the Rev. who is what this is really about.
20th March 2008 01:05 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
Damn right homey is angry and pissed, you'd be too.

Most black people (I'd say over 80%) dislike whitey, and none of them (99.4%) trust him. I know this for a fact. Most white people accept that as a somewhat well-deserved historical hostility - we make allowances, and try to pretend its outrageous that a black guy can't get a cab ride to the 'hood at 11PM.

What whitey (except whacko whitey) quite rightly does not accept are jerks like Revie Wright and Obama (YES, by association) acting as if slavery was never abolished, civil rights legislation never existed, the courts never applied the 14th, affirmative action never existed, and school desegregation never happened. Why isn't that "the black experience" too? Wright and gang even go so far as to say all the unfairness and tragedies inflicted on blacks are somehow products of some whitey genetic code that blacks don't have. Guys like that of any color are always building creepy alliances by lying about things. They probably post here.

Obama is an opportunist jerk, but now he's done. He and that narcissistic wife of his will have to figure out another way to pull $$$$$ (The Large Green) out of various feel-goods.
20th March 2008 01:05 AM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Does this sound like a man who slept through the sermons?

always bringing up clinton...
20th March 2008 01:27 AM
Fiji Joe If you're going to be a warmonger, you should at least know who it is you're gonna monger...friggin' retard...and check it...who was there to literally whisper in his ear the correct term?...none other than the zionist Joe Liebermann...I bet the drunk bastard even picked up the bar tab

---------

Democrats jump on McCain's Iran-Qaeda gaffe

7 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) — Republican presidential candidate John McCain touts his foreign policy expertise at every turn, but he has given Democrats ammunition against his experience by wrongly saying Iran trains Al-Qaeda members.

McCain, 71, insisted during an official visit in Amman Tuesday that members of Al-Qaeda in Iraq were slipping into neighboring Iran and receiving training there before returning to the war-torn country to wreak havoc.

But while President George W. Bush's administration has accused Shiite-majority Iran of training and arming Shiite extremists, it has never made the link with Al-Qaeda in Iraq, which is a Sunni group.

McCain made the gaffe right in the middle of an official visit in the Middle East that was supposed to highlight his knowledge in foreign affairs.

"It's common knowledge and has been reported in the media that Al-Qaeda is going back into Iran and receiving training and are coming back into Iraq. That's well known," the Vietnam war veteran said.

Pressed by reporters about his allegations, McCain said: "We continue to be concerned about the Iranians taking Al-Qaeda into Iran and training them and sending them back."

It was only after fellow Senator Joe Lieberman, who was traveling with him, whispered into his ear that McCain corrected himself.

"I am sorry, the Iranians are training extremists, not Al-Qaeda, not Al-Qaeda, I am sorry," McCain said.

McCain spokesman Brian Rogers issued a statement saying that the candidate "misspoke and immediately corrected himself," but Democrats still pounced on McCain's slip-up.

"Just yesterday, we heard Senator McCain confuse Sunni and Shiite, Iran and Al-Qaeda," Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama said Wednesday, using the mistake to criticize McCain's vote authorizing the five-year-old war in Iraq.

"Maybe that is why he voted to go to war with a country that had no Al-Qaeda ties," the senator of Illinois said. "Maybe that is why he completely fails to understand that the war in Iraq has done more to embolden America's enemies than any strategic choice that we have made in decades."

"Above all, the war in Iraq has emboldened Al-Qaeda, whose recruitment has jumped and whose leadership enjoys a safe-haven in Pakistan -- a thousand miles from Iraq."

Recent polls have suggested a majority of Americans view McCain as the candidate best suited to tackle an international crisis.

Democratic party spokeswoman Karen Finney seized on the opportunity to point out McCain's mixup had revealed his foreign policy incompetence and showed he "ignore(d) the facts on the ground."

"After eight years of the Bush administration's incompetence in Iraq, McCain's comments don't give the American people a reason to believe that he can be trusted to offer a clear way forward," Finney said in a statement.

McCain, a fervent supporter of the war in Iraq, began a Middle East tour on Sunday encompassing Iraq, Jordan and Israel. The veteran Arizona senator is expected later this week in London and Paris.

McCain's campaign insisted that the slip does not represent the breadth of his foreign policy knowledge and accused Democrats of waging "political attacks" aimed at capitalizing on a minor mistake.

Asked about the confusion on NBC News, McCain said: "I corrected it, my comment, immediately. To think that I would have some lack of knowledge about Sunni and Shiite after my eighth visit and my deep involvement in this issue is a bit ludicrous."

He added: "I just simply misspoke when I said Al-Qaeda, but they (Iranians) are training extremists and they are sending the most lethal kinds of devices in (to Iraq) that are killing Americans. That's what we should care about."

Anti-war Democrats shuddered over McCain's antics last year in April.

Asked by a hawkish supporter when the United States would "send an airmail message to Iran," McCain responded: "You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran?"

Then, to the tune of the song "Barbara Ann," he sang: "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran."

----

The story doesn't mention that this was the second time this week he's made this mistake....friggin' retard
20th March 2008 01:31 AM
pdog Fiji, are you hijacking your own thread...?

Remember that time at band camp, when George Bush discovered the difference between Shia and Sunni right after invading a country with the two opposing sects? Happy anniversiary, wasn't gonna bring up the war, but you opened the door... So, you hate the two men running, I take this as a slight Hillary endorsemnt, no?
20th March 2008 01:33 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Did you bother to listen to the whole speech (this passage, for example)?:

"But I have asserted a firm conviction--a conviction rooted in my faith in God and my faith in the American people--that working together we can move beyond some of our old racial wounds, and that in fact we have no choice if we are to continue on the path of a more perfect union.

"For the African-American community, that path means embracing the burdens of our past without becoming victims of our past. It means continuing to insist on a full measure of justice in every aspect of American life. But it also means binding our particular grievances--for better health care, and better schools, and better jobs--to the larger aspirations of all Americans--the white woman struggling to break the glass ceiling, the white man who's been laid off, the immigrant trying to feed his family. And it means taking full responsibility for our own lives--by demanding more from our fathers, and spending more time with our children, and reading to them, and teaching them that while they may face challenges and discrimination in their own lives, they must never succumb to despair or cynicism; they must always believe that they can write their own destiny."

You've got to stop relying on TV sound bites, Feej. They won't do you any more good than those Cliff's Notes did for your education.
20th March 2008 05:16 AM
Starbuck

HA!

shit....that is frickin' hilarious....i wish i could claim credit for that one!
20th March 2008 07:44 AM
LadyJane
<----------Watch this Keith, I'll get em all going!

What a fine mess we are in now.
Obama is sinking in the polls.
McCain is sinking in the brain cells.

Come on people.
See the light already.
There is one candidate that can CLEARLY lead this Nation.
She is tough as nails.
She's been vetted and keeps coming back.

Yes....

We need a female at the helm.

Time for us to all support:

Hillary Rodham Clinton for POTUS

LJ.

20th March 2008 07:45 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Obama is an opportunist jerk, but now he's done. He and that narcissistic wife of his will have to figure out another way to pull $$$$$ (The Large Green) out of various feel-goods.

Sex tapes??
20th March 2008 08:51 AM
lotsajizz LJ and I actually agree on the POTUS issue...play Powerball people!!!
20th March 2008 09:10 AM
LadyJane
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
LJ and I actually agree on the POTUS issue...play Powerball people!!!

Jizzy?????!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it possible??????
See?
The bickering on this thread CAN end.
Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I offer you an olive branch:

LJ.

20th March 2008 09:31 AM
Factory Girl From Time.Com 3/20/08

More on O's Pastor

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1723990,00.html?xid=site-cnn-partner
20th March 2008 09:40 AM
Gazza Thanks for the understanding, FG
20th March 2008 09:43 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thanks for the understanding, FG

I am a muffin.
20th March 2008 10:11 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Did you bother to listen to the whole speech (this passage, for example)?:

"But I have asserted a firm conviction--a conviction rooted in my faith in God and my faith in the American people--that working together we can move beyond some of our old racial wounds, and that in fact we have no choice if we are to continue on the path of a more perfect union.

"For the African-American community, that path means embracing the burdens of our past without becoming victims of our past. It means continuing to insist on a full measure of justice in every aspect of American life. But it also means binding our particular grievances--for better health care, and better schools, and better jobs--to the larger aspirations of all Americans--the white woman struggling to break the glass ceiling, the white man who's been laid off, the immigrant trying to feed his family. And it means taking full responsibility for our own lives--by demanding more from our fathers, and spending more time with our children, and reading to them, and teaching them that while they may face challenges and discrimination in their own lives, they must never succumb to despair or cynicism; they must always believe that they can write their own destiny."

You've got to stop relying on TV sound bites, Feej. They won't do you any more good than those Cliff's Notes did for your education.

I'm glad you two goose-steppers can find the time to giggle...that ol Obama has come around to my way of thinking...of course it had to be a product of political manipulation...and a calling to the carpet

Yes...I agree...Obama "speech" makes it all the more peculiar that he would practice a religion, and at a church, that preaches that not self-accountablility, but white oppression is the cause of black ills

Do you two gigglers need Cliff Notes on Black Liberation Theology?...Or Pastor Wright's reliance on the thoughts of James Cone?...Or do you prefer to keep talking out of your asses?...Remarkable how little y'all know, or want to know about Obama

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
20th March 2008 10:12 AM
nankerphelge "Any attempt to understand the difference between the privileged white perspective and the black experience will subject you to ridicule from those seeking to obscure the reality of racism in America."

I know you Harvard types reflexively throw the word "privileged" ahead of any occurnece of "white" to emphasize the guilt that we all should feel.

But your suggestion that Wright's speech is acceptable because of this "black experience" is pure apologist bullshit.

Racism is racism.

Stop making excuses for Wright's hate and Obama's poor judgment.

20th March 2008 10:16 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
"Any attempt to understand the difference between the privileged white perspective and the black experience will subject you to ridicule from those seeking to obscure the reality of racism in America."

I know you Harvard types reflexively throw the word "privileged" ahead of any occurnece of "white" to emphasize the guilt that we all should feel.

But your suggestion that Wright's speech is acceptable because of this "black experience" is pure apologist bullshit.

Racism is racism.

Stop making excuses for Wright's hate and Obama's poor judgment.

He doesn't really believe that...it's just that he's spent the last year publically sucking off Obama...he cannot turn back now...he has to swallow it
20th March 2008 10:27 AM
CrissCrossMind Racism is racism ... "This is the point that Bill Cosby has been so eloquently saying over and over again. What kind of reception did his speeches get? He was slammed by every race hustler in the business! And make no mistake, it is a business." ... Obama can not call a racist a racist ... because he still needs 90+% of the black vote ... to have a snow ball's chance in hell ... he will not be able to hide his Black Panther support ... and in fact he should be proud of it! and the Nation of Islam ... without them he would not be were he is today ... you should go to the dance with those that brung ya ... CCM
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)