ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan Tour 2008 ! (NSCBR) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
1st March 2008 07:41 PM
Erik_Snow
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Tour debut (2008) it was played three times last year

He he, Paddy is posting MP3s of the 1963 Town Hall concert..!
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
1st March 2008 07:46 PM
paddy
quote:

Tour debut (2008) it was played three times last year

do me a favour........................the version i posted is from 1963
1st March 2008 07:59 PM
glencar Is Dylan doing the USA again?
1st March 2008 08:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
paddy wrote:

do me a favour........................the version i posted is from 1963

LOL what favour do you want me to do?

It was a mistake on my part, I didn't visit the link you posted and the thread is about the current tour... since we have the tour debut I posted my comment
2nd March 2008 03:17 AM
Ade
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:

It would go from great to fantastic, if so.

Meanwhile - the torrent of the year is at Hungercity right now; Town Hall, NY 1963 in superb quality; never (widely) circulated before now.

http://www.hungercity.org/details.php?id=7010
[Edited by Erik_Snow]

thanks for the link Erik
2nd March 2008 05:45 AM
paddy
quote:

LOL what favour do you want me to do?

It was a mistake on my part, I didn't visit the link you posted and the thread is about the current tour... since we have the tour debut I posted my comment

you should "visit" those links - 100 times better than the dross currently being served up by the great man.........
2nd March 2008 11:51 AM
paddy http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2004-03-25/music.shtml
2nd March 2008 01:59 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Dylan doing the USA again?

Of course he will! Just don't know any dates, but I know he won't leave me in the lurch for too long! ;-)

xxoo,
MM
2nd March 2008 03:09 PM
Lazy Bones mexico city: 26/02/08 on HC...

http://www.hungercity.org/details.php?id=7026
2nd March 2008 06:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Lazy Bones... I took my recorder to both show but couldn't record them. However there are recordings from both shows, don't know if the same you posted but confirmed by friends
2nd March 2008 06:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now there are rumours about a FREE show in São Paulo!!!
2nd March 2008 07:28 PM
TomL book your ticket now bastard.
2nd March 2008 09:00 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Now there are rumours about a FREE show in São Paulo!!!

there's an unconfirmed free show in Zacatecas, Mexico, 25 March...

http://www.boblinks.com/dates27.html#0221
2nd March 2008 09:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

there's an unconfirmed free show in Zacatecas, Mexico, 25 March...

http://www.boblinks.com/dates27.html#0221

LOL LazyBones, I gave Bill Pagel the news and it was posted some days before HERE in this thread, then I posted it on Expecting Rain and send the e-mail to Bill. I already posted the bill that include also "The Doors" (ROTS)

2nd March 2008 09:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, is confirmed locally by the promotor who brought Bob Dylan. But you know how long does it take to be announced by the official website
3rd March 2008 05:32 AM
paddy Songs Sung on the Tour to Date

So far, Bob has performed 7 shows, sung 120 songs, 43 of which were different. There is one new song to the tour since the last update (at the end of the following list). The songs are presented in frequency order.

Spirit On The Water (7)
Highway 61 Revisited (7)
Summer Days (7)
Thunder On The Mountain (7)
Workingman's Blues #2 (6)
Blowin' In The Wind (6)
When The Deal Goes Down (6)
Honest With Me (4)
High Water (For Charlie Patton) (4)
Rollin' And Tumblin' (4)
Nettie Moore (4)
It Ain't Me, Babe (3)
Watching The River Flow (3)
Masters Of War (3)
Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 (3)
The Levee's Gonna Break (3)
Ballad Of A Thin Man (3)
Things Have Changed (3)
Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again (3)
Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat (3)
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (3)
Lay, Lady, Lay (3)
Like A Rolling Stone (3)
'Til I Fell In Love With You (2)
All Along The Watchtower (2)
Girl Of The North Country
Can't Wait
Positively 4th Street
Cat's In The Well
Blind Willie McTell
Visions Of Johanna
Mississippi
Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)
The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
Love Sick
Boots Of Spanish Leather
My Back Pages
Ain't Talkin'
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Desolation Row
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Bob Dylan's Curious Tour of Mexico City

From Statesman.Com

Most famous entertainers play it safe when they visit Mexico City - they’ll leave their hotels to hit up a fancy Mexican fusion restaurant or do some shopping at trendy designer boutiques, but rarely do they get a sense of the real megalopolis. Not so rock icon Bob Dylan, who, while he was in town this week for two shows, did some sightseeing on Mexico City’s notoriously crowded subway system and worked out in a gym in a gritty nook of the historic downtown.

Dylan was spotted on Tuesday wandering through the Bellas Artes Metro stop, checking out some of the Lucha Libre photography on display on the station’s walls. Apparently, he created just a minor stir, with just a few people recognizing him and taking pictures with their cell phones.

Then Dylan did a little boxing at the Nuevo Jordam gym, impressing trainer Rodolfo “Guerco” Rodriguez, who had no idea the man in the ring was perhaps the most famous singer on the planet. “I said…these old guys are going to give each other heart attacks!” Rodriguez told the El Universal newspaper. “They told me that the oldest guy was Bob Dylan, this guy you’re telling me about…He boxed with all his friends and he did well; you can tell he’s practiced for awhile because he landed some good shots and brought his own professional (equipment). He knows what pugilism is and he enjoys it.”

3rd March 2008 07:19 AM
Gazza I remember reading in the early 80's that he boxed to keep fit, but I'm surprised he's still at it considering he's not a kick in the arse off 67.

Considering the amount of old timers making comebacks in the sport in the last few years, maybe Bob reckons he would have a better chance of making a dent as a pro than some of the other celebs-turned-boxers like Mark Gastineau, Mickey Rourke, etc.
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd March 2008 07:24 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl TWO ENCORES IN GUADALAJARA!!!!

Guadalajara, Mexico
University of Guadalajara
Auditorio Telmex
March 2, 2008

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat (Bob on electric guitar)
2. Lay, Lady, Lay (Bob on electric guitar)
3. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (Bob on electric guitar)
4. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob on keyboard)
5. Rollin' And Tumblin' (Bob on keyboard)
6. Spirit On The Water (Bob on keyboard)
7. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall (Bob on keyboard)
8. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
(Bob on keyboard)
9. Workingman's Blues #2 (Bob on keyboard)
10. Things Have Changed (Bob on keyboard)
11. When The Deal Goes Down (Bob on keyboard)
12. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard)
13. Nettie Moore (Bob on keyboard)
14. Summer Days (Bob on keyboard)
15. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard)

(1st encore)
16. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard)
17. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on keyboard)

(2nd encore)
18. Blowin' In The Wind (Bob on keyboard)

Thanks to Oscar Montes for the phone call.

Set lists, reviews, and information on
upcoming concerts can be found on the Bob Links
Tour Infomation page located at:
http://www.boblinks.com

Song's Performed in 2007 at:
http://www.boblinks.com/song2007.html

Bob Links Main Page:
http://www.boblinks.com
3rd March 2008 11:48 AM
Martha I think, if I counted correctly, we got 23 no repeats at the 3 Dallas shows. Can't Wait is one of my all-time favs....I am still floating in the air from those shows. When might they surface?

xxoo,
MM
3rd March 2008 12:04 PM
Gazza Time he finally got around to performing the marvellous "Goin To Acapulco" from the Basement Tapes!

I got the only ever performance of Million Dollar Bash a couple of years ago in London, so anythings possible.
3rd March 2008 12:29 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Time he finally got around to performing the marvellous "Goin To Acapulco" from the Basement Tapes!

I got the only ever performance of Million Dollar Bash a couple of years ago in London, so anythings possible.

I LOVE "Million Dollar Bash", you are one lucky fellow!

xxoo,
MM
3rd March 2008 04:21 PM
paddy
quote:
Martha wrote:
I think, if I counted correctly, we got 23 no repeats at the 3 Dallas shows. Can't Wait is one of my all-time favs....I am still floating in the air from those shows. When might they surface?

xxoo,
MM

http://www.hungercity.org/details.php?id=6971
3rd March 2008 06:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A picture and the cover of a local newspaper.

Cool Guadalajara, they got a second encore and front page news!!! Here in DF the articles were all in the "Shows" sections, and only one encore.

A friend who attended told me that it was a great show with an enthusiastic audience a completely sold out

3rd March 2008 06:57 PM
rogerriffin Here in Mexico City Bob Dylan was in the cover of La Jornada newspaper, and got one page completely.

In Reforma Was in the entire Gente page and got one good article in the middle.

Is fantastic Anyway 2 Encores, i thought in the first of Mexico that he could did.
3rd March 2008 07:17 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
Thanks Lazy Bones... I took my recorder to both show but couldn't record them. However there are recordings from both shows, don't know if the same you posted but confirmed by friends

In fact, the fucking mercenary that have the Monterrey 06 Show in dvd and ask 500usd for the disc recorded the both Dylan Shows, i saw in the bus to home after the shows...
3rd March 2008 08:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl He will be selling the CDs at el Chopo or maybe he already did. Let's buy one and make copies... and of course torrent the fucker! The first is already there

You missed a very cool experience for not contacting me after the second show... we have a good time with very special and important people, you're fan of one of them... probably Tzonistac already told you!
3rd March 2008 10:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Apparently we'll have another free show, now in "El Zócalo" the big plaza in front of the National Palace and the Metropolitan Cathedral! We already have had a lot of big shows there.

This was mentioned in a radio program "La Taquilla" and was posted by my friend "Smimbrera" at our message board in Spanish!! http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8031
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
3rd March 2008 11:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The date is confirmed: March 24 one day before Zacatecas
3rd March 2008 11:31 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Erik_Snow wrote:

It would go from great to fantastic, if so.

Meanwhile - the torrent of the year is at Hungercity right now; Town Hall, NY 1963 in superb quality; never (widely) circulated before now.

http://www.hungercity.org/details.php?id=7010
[Edited by Erik_Snow]

Wow. Thank you Erik!
4th March 2008 11:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Another free show: São Paulo, either at the Museum of Ipiranga or at the Ibirapuera Park
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)