ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© purepeople.com with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan Tour 2008 ! (NSCBR) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
11th January 2008 09:15 PM
andrews27
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Considering he plays around 100 shows a year and seems to be on the road so often, it makes you wonder what he's doing it for.

For the same reason the Stones play less but charge more: ex-wives, children, grandchildren. It's why Laurence Olivier co-starred in The Jazz Singer with Neil Diamond.

Now for a Neil Diamond appreciation thread...
12th January 2008 12:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Once more Whomiliated and Omaha'ed!!

As usual Mexico in between the most expensive prices all over the world (in this particular case the most expensive and with a big difference), and selling out. Monterrey again more expensive than Mexico City

This is a comparison using face value (without ticketbastard charges) and using the currency exchange conversion factor from the same source and from the same day (today)

Black Christ on a bike!!!

What’s next? The same setlist for all shows? That was the only feature the shows in Mexico had for the Rolling Stones in 2006, same setlist for Mexico City and Monterrey, two dates in a row.

12th January 2008 12:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG Voo..such an analytical mind you have....

Now go to the fricken show and enjoy His Bobness!!!
12th January 2008 01:56 PM
robpop Wow! I did not know that our neighbors to the south paid so much. If you have the chance tp go, do it. I saw Bob in the fall and enjoyed it. Although, I have seen Dylan over a dozen times, the last show would be ranked somewhere in the middle. Still, its friggem Dylan.
12th January 2008 02:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
What’s next? The same setlist for all shows?

Maybe you'll get the long awaited debut performance of the "Down In The Groove" album from start to finish.
12th January 2008 02:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG Not "Down In the Groove"..
but I wouldn't mind hearing this one sometime....

12th January 2008 02:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
robpop wrote:
If you have the chance to go, do it.

Of course, I already have excellent tickets, row 9 dead center in the venue with the best acoustic in Mexico City
12th January 2008 02:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Not "Down In the Groove"..
but I wouldn't mind hearing this one sometime....

Not EVERY musician gets to duet with his soon to be mother-in-law....

[Edited by Gazza]
12th January 2008 03:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Maybe you'll get the long awaited debut performance of the "Down In The Groove" album from start to finish.

Will ya?
12th January 2008 10:32 PM
robpop
quote:

Of course, I already have excellent tickets, row 9 dead center in the venue with the best acoustic in Mexico City

Great you will enjoy it. Loved the song also.
12th January 2008 11:51 PM
andrews27
quote:
What’s next? The same setlist for all shows? That was the only feature the shows in Mexico had for the Rolling Stones in 2006, same setlist for Mexico City and Monterrey, two dates in a row.

If you check, Bob's setlists haven't changed by more than a song here or there since he started playing the Modern Times material...two years ago. Need new album to dislodge that blockage.
[Edited by andrews27]
13th January 2008 04:30 AM
erikjjf
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
If you check, Bob's setlists haven't changed by more than a song here or there since he started playing the Modern Times material...two years ago.

http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/dates26c.html#1029
Check out the setlists of the last three shows in Chicago last year. Quite a bit of variation, actually.
13th January 2008 09:08 AM
andrews27
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/dates26c.html#1029
Check out the setlists of the last three shows in Chicago last year. Quite a bit of variation, actually.

I looked, and that's still not as much variation as 2001-2002, not to mention 1993-2000. He came to Pittsburgh recently and afterward when I saw the setlist I wasn't sorry I missed it because I would have felt like I'd seen the same show as 2005-2006, 3rd time around.

[Edited by andrews27]
14th January 2008 10:02 AM
rogerriffin
quote:

Yes and not! he audio engineers are too fool in this venue, El Tri, Rod Stewart,Pet Shop boys and Chayane has problems with the audio, only Def Leppard sounds great here!

Hope Dylan will sound well!

Congrats carnalito! row 9 is excelent in the Auditorio! a have row 6 in the 2nd floor!
14th January 2008 11:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
andrews27 wrote:

If you check, Bob's setlists haven't changed by more than a song here or there since he started playing the Modern Times material...two years ago. Need new album to dislodge that blockage.
[Edited by andrews27]

When he plays more than one night in the same venue, theres a significant variety. I was at both Wembley shows last April and he replaced 6 of the 17 songs on the 2nd night.

Not quite the fantastically random insanity of 2005 when I saw back to back shows at both Brixton and Dublin in the same week and at each venue there were about 3 songs repeated at each double header and about 50 different songs over the four nights, but more than a third being changed isn't bad by anyone's standards.
14th January 2008 11:34 AM
Martha Congrats on the GREAT seats Voo!

xxoo,
Martha
14th January 2008 10:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Not but surely some live debuts from the upcoming "Anchor"
15th January 2008 07:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Wow! The first show is almost sold out; I just checked Ticketbastard to see available tickets for different prices and they all are in the last seats or already sold out.
17th January 2008 07:46 AM
PartyDoll MEG new Bob Dylan video..

17th January 2008 11:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL
17th January 2008 11:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Tickets for Guadalajara will be on sale this Monday 21/1/8 11:00 AM @ http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/artist/734972
18th January 2008 12:15 PM
Gazza
quote:

Not but surely some live debuts from the upcoming "Anchor"

Eh?

To the best of my knowledge, Dylan hasnt been recording a new album, let alone one that has a title.

If the last three studio releases are any indication, he won't debut any new songs until after the album's release.
18th January 2008 03:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Eh?

To the best of my knowledge, Dylan hasnt been recording a new album, let alone one that has a title.

If the last three studio releases are any indication, he won't debut any new songs until after the album's release.

Dylan is recording a new album in Los Ángeles with Rick Rubin producing; the name of the album will be "Anchor"

http://www.los40.com/articulo/noticias/nuevo/disco/Bob/Dylan/Anchor/titulo/provisional/l40actn01/20080115l40l40not_2/Tes/
18th January 2008 04:59 PM
Gazza There was talk about a new Rubin-produced album being recorded in January 2008 a couple of months ago, but that was denied soon after.

Theres been nothing on expectingrain.com recently to state Bob has been recording and wikipedia's entry listing Rubin's discography (including upcoming projects) doesnt list any Dylan release - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rubin - whereas it briefly listed a new Dylan album for 2008 when that rumour first surfaced.

That said, four months with no reported activity at all by Dylan between his last shows in October 2007 and his next shows in late February 2008 is quite lengthy by his standards. "Modern Times" was cut in early 2006 during a similarly lengthy hiatus.
[Edited by Gazza]
18th January 2008 07:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well Gazza, you're by far more into Dylan than I am, but those news are circulating here locally and on the web in Spanish, probably they are using the rumours to sell more and faster or probably is a real rumour and the news were passed from the Dylan management to the shows promotors in Latin America and Spain. To be honest I think something is being cooking, it's on many reliable sources as a fact not as a rumour.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
18th January 2008 07:22 PM
Gazza I bloody hope so
18th January 2008 07:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, I forgot to mention HERE (but did it in our Message board in Spanish 3 days ago) that Bob Dylan is being booked for 14 dates in Spain in late June early July

More info (In the language of Cervantes) here http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7916
18th January 2008 07:43 PM
Gazza I'd seen that rumour too. seems really strange as it'll hardly leave much time for anywhere else in Europe and Spain isnt really a big enough market to sustain that many shows.
19th January 2008 10:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Second date for Mexico City, February 27 (ON SALE JANUARY 21 11:00)
20th January 2008 07:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)