ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger spends spare time appreciating beautiful gardens Return to archive
19th March 2008 08:38 AM
moy Mick Jagger spends spare time appreciating beautiful gardens
March 19th, 2008 - 4:46 pm ICT by admin

Washington, March 19 (ANI): Famous rock star Sir Mick Jagger spends his spare time these days appreciating beautifully manicured gardens.

The 63-year-old star says that a privet hedge and a well-laid flower bed are what satisfy him nowadays.

“I like looking at gardens. I like to watch other people working in gardens,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling U.S. magazine Maxim.

An FBI agent’s report recently revealed that the ‘Rolling Stones’ singer was the target of an assassination attempt, which only failed because the boat the would-be killers were using was swamped in a storm.

Details of the plot have been revealed as part of a BBC series on the American crime-fighting agency.

The attempt to kill Sir Mick was made by a group of Hells Angels after the infamous Altamont Speedway Free Concert in 1969, which the Rolling Stones had organised and for which the motorcycle gang reportedly provided security. (ANI)

19th March 2008 11:14 AM
nankerphelge I think that was a mis-quote.

He said he loved checking out new bushes in his spare time.

19th March 2008 11:36 AM
DAVINO good to hear that Jagger is alive and able to see!
19th March 2008 12:57 PM
CrissCrossMind I like to watch other people working in gardens ... it's Dirty Work ... but I like it ...
19th March 2008 01:03 PM
Mel Belli I love these quick-hit news stories that just slap together recent news about celebrities. "Mick Jagger was quoted as saying he likes to sit and admire gardens. Oh, and by the way, it was just revealed that Hells Angels planned to assassinate Jagger 800 years ago." There's absolutely no thought to transitions or coherence. What a job!
19th March 2008 02:33 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I love these quick-hit news stories that just slap together recent news about celebrities. "Mick Jagger was quoted as saying he likes to sit and admire gardens. Oh, and by the way, it was just revealed that Hells Angels planned to assassinate Jagger 800 years ago." There's absolutely no thought to transitions or coherence. What a job!

Yeah, and then three weeks later the actual interview comes out and, in its proper context, doesn't come off anything like the headline. Except noone ever notices that part because they've moved on to the next tidbit, and they just remember the headline as a piece of actual information.
Notice how in the article the question posed to Mr. Jagger isn't included.

And despite all that, I'm stuck with the image of Mick in a garden like an old codger.
20th March 2008 07:56 PM
gorda Back when I was in college and lived in the dorms, I knew this guy who grew a bunch of plants in his room. He even had special sun lamps and stuff. For some reason, he was very popular. People kept coming in and out or his room all day.
20th March 2008 09:06 PM
Lavendar
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I think that was a mis-quote.

He said he loved checking out new bushes in his spare time.

ex-use me Nank,

"NEW" + well manicured hedges

Gorda that was Good! LOL
20th March 2008 09:35 PM
Glimmer Twin "I like to watch other people working in gardens"

Hahaha, isn't that just like a spoiled rich guy. He likes to watch people work rather than working himself.
21st March 2008 01:22 AM
glencar I too like a well-manicured lawn/garden. Nature is to be marveled at.
21st March 2008 04:33 AM
Jumping Jack I wonder how many gardens Mick has planted his big tulips in?
21st March 2008 02:08 PM
Jeep
21st March 2008 02:27 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Jeep wrote:

I'd play/work in that garden, planting tulips,cucumbers, etc!!

Looks like mainly rabbit food to me!
21st March 2008 02:29 PM
PartyDoll MEG Ahh.... Jeep pretty good job..except you know we gals check out the "jeans"!!!!
21st March 2008 02:53 PM
Lavendar Thats My kinda Surrealism......
thanks Jeep!

Rocks off has got me splittin a rib this Easter season.*_*
21st March 2008 03:14 PM
Factory Girl He's welcome in my garden anytime.
21st March 2008 10:39 PM
GhostofBrianJones I can just see it, Mick Jagger and P. Allen Smith in a
garden admiring it. RUN MICK!!
21st March 2008 11:03 PM
pdog moral of the story, take time to smell the flowers and don't fuck with red and white!
22nd March 2008 12:22 AM
sammy davis jr. Mick's become the biggest aristocratic ponce ever.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)