ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Best Rock Movie ever made. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
20th March 2008 01:01 AM
Joey
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
In my mind it's "Gimme Shelter" when I was 16, I wanted to look like & act like Keith, he was so cool, I saw that movie about 50 times, I've got it on DVD & I still watch it some times, & it brings back memories about my youth, what a fantastic movie! it's the best rock 'N' Roll movie of all time to me.

1. ) Gimme Shelter / The Kids Are Alright

2. ) The Compleat Beatles

3. ) The Godfather
21st March 2008 12:42 PM
guitarman53
quote:
Joey wrote:

1. ) Gimme Shelter / The Kids Are Alright

2. ) The Compleat Beatles

3. ) The Godfather

Joey, being a big who fan, have you seen "Amazing Journey"? it's a 2 disc set that a friend of mine actually thought it was the best rock movie he ever seen, lots of Keith moon!
21st March 2008 06:12 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
see, now if you are gonna go with rock star cameos roles, i can throw out a few...

richard hell in smithereens

tom waits in down by law (or any of the jim jarmusch films, but down by law is my favorite)

joe strummer in mystery train [Edited by mac_daddy]

Classic Waits: The Fisher King (the "disabled veteran"):

Disabled Veteran: Didja hear that Jimmy Nickles got picked up yesterday?
Jack Lucas: Oh, yeah?
Disabled Veteran: Yeah. He got caught pissin' on a bookstore. Man is a *pig*. No excuse for that.
[lady drops coins in his cup]
Disabled Veteran: Thank you, baby. It's social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.
[man throws coins on the ground near his feet, which Disabled Veteran cannot reach]
Jack Lucas: Asshole. He didn't even look at you.
Disabled Veteran: He's payin' so he don't have to look. See... guy goes to work every day, eight hours a day, seven days a week. Gets his nuts so tight in a vice that he starts questioning the very fabric of his existence. Then one day, 'bout quitting time, Boss calls him into the office and says, "Hey Bob, whyncha come on in here and kiss my ass for me, will you?" Well, he says, "Hell with it. I don't care what happens, I just want to see the expression on his face as I jab this pair of scissors into his arm."
[sighs]
Disabled Veteran: Then he thinks of me. He says, "Waitaminit. I got both my arms, I got both my legs. At least I ain't begging for a living. Sure enough, Bob's gonna put those scissors down and pucker right up. See, I'm what you call kind of a "moral traffic light", really. I'm like sayin', "Red! Go no further! Boooo-ee boooo-ee boooo-ee...”

Some cameos (uncredited roles):

Alice Cooper - Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (plays Freddy's dad)

Mick Jagger - The Rutles

Bob Dylan - Catchfire (clip dubbed in italian)

And, credited as themselves:

Lou Reed - Faraway So Close!

Nick Cave - Wings Of Desire

"I played with The Ween!" - It's Pat (which automatically makes the film a classic, of course. Above Citizen Kane.)

22nd March 2008 06:50 PM
Joey
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

The Kids are Allright, yes a great movie, without Keith Moon, what would Rock 'N'Roll be like without?

I drink with Keith on the weekends .......

...and you ?!

Joey Moon
22nd March 2008 09:28 PM
Lazy Bones I'd like to add...

23rd March 2008 01:26 AM
Joey
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Joey, being a big who fan, have you seen "Amazing Journey"? it's a 2 disc set that a friend of mine actually thought it was the best rock movie he ever seen, lots of Keith moon!

Hello Guitarman53 ................

Yes , I have seen ' Amazing Journey ' and you are correct --- it ROCKS !!!!!

I miss Keith but he is EVER present .

EVER PRESENT !!!!

J. Moon Fly ! ™

23rd March 2008 09:10 AM
icydanger
I'd like to add "Tommy", the Who
lots of energy & a message of resilience.
23rd March 2008 10:51 AM
Lavendar What an ERA of Rock Movies-----
must not for get "Lady Sings The Blues" or
"The Way we Were" or "The Rose" *_-
23rd March 2008 11:01 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
I'd like to add...

i never saw this...

re: the who

imo, quadrophenia is fine, the kids are alright is ok but nothing special, and tommy is unwatchable.
23rd March 2008 11:15 AM
Nasty Habits I haven't seen Kids Are Alright in YEARS, but as I recall I would rather watch that movie than listen to most any WHO album. I too hate me some Tommy, but I seem to have a blind spot when it comes to Ken Russell. A number of folks have told me I need to check Amazing Journey. Maybe I'll go rent that today.

I cannot freaking WAIT to see the Future Is Unwritten, but I don't think that the modern post-Behind-the-Music docuform can equal the monstrous power of a Don't Look Back or a Gimme Shelter.

That said, this movie is totally GREAT:

But this movie is better, satiring the form before it was even really created:

Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)