ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama's Church Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
15th March 2008 04:23 PM
Fiji Joe watch the weasel squirm...

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/62894.html

Shades of Roger Clemens

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
15th March 2008 04:43 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Op eds...that's all you got?
[Edited by Fiji Joe]

"No one with more than a springer spaniel's political awareness thinks that Ferraro speaks for Clinton, or that Wright speaks for Obama."

Sit, boy!
15th March 2008 05:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

"No one with more than a springer spaniel's political awareness thinks that Ferraro speaks for Clinton, or that Wright speaks for Obama."

Tough times for you ey?...Do you know how I know?...Because nobody with any a shred of intellectual honesty would compare Ferraro and Hagee to Wright...That's how I know...Even I made that distinction in this very thread...one can't be held to be a subscriber to everyone who supports him...I granted Obama that...but it's fair to say that 20 years of sitting through Black Liberation sermons with this man as your mentor means you own that...you're asking for leeway here that you yourself would never grant someone you hadn't so vocally and shamelessly sucked off

Nah...Obama speaks pretty good for himself when he calls this man his mentor, spiritual adviser and one of the inspirations for "the audacity of hope"

Obama was present at the meeting, but these are not his viewpoints

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
15th March 2008 05:49 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
the good wrote:
I am not a religious man, but I am starting to think there are forces at work in the universe that seek to secure McCain's election to the presidency. He comes back from oblivion to secure the republican nomination, despite all the polls, despite having no money, despite holding positions that enrage the minority geeks of his party, and despite the rantings of right wing radio. . . . . When the smoke clears, we will be left with a wounded Hillary Clinton and the great senator from Arizona. The candidate of destiny. The last lion. John McCain.

I, on the other hand, am a deeply religious man, and I can guaran-fucking-tee that god is allowing America to redeem itself from the self-inflicted scourge of George Walker Bush III. John McCain - the last lion indeed, a president who will tackle the economic disaster the previous idiot left us in with his inane economic policies. A president who can actually be a commander-in-chief instead of some bumbling, limp-wristed fool who embarrases us day in and day out.
15th March 2008 10:24 PM
Fiji Joe The old uncle card...Someone get me a copy of Hoyles Rules of Games (The Ghetto Version)

15th March 2008 10:53 PM
Fiji Joe Obama “Proud” of Militant Muslim Brother
February 27, 2008 · No Comments

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) is proud of his brother, Abongo ‘Roy’ Obama, who converted to Islam from Christianity. Sounds innocent enough if you read the Examiner.com article about Obama’s ties to his African family and their mixed religious backgrounds.

Here’s what the Examiner (D.C.) reported on Jan. 29, 2007 about Obama’s affection for brother, Roy:

“‘The person who made me proudest of all,’ Obama wrote, ‘was Roy. Actually, now we call him Abongo, his Luo name, for two years ago he decided to reassert his African heritage. He converted to Islam, and has sworn off pork and tobacco and alcohol.’”

Now, piece that together with a Jan. 15, 2008 report from Investor’s Business Daily (that appears nearly a year after the Examiner.com article) which introduces us to the real Roy, and you’ll see why there’s reason to question Obama’s brotherly love for his militant Muslim brother.

“Obama has close family ties to Kenya, and even founded a school in his ancestral village — the Senator Obama School.

“In the bloody conflict there, which already has claimed some 700 lives, Obama appears to have sided with opposition leader Raila Odinga ( http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59708, )head of the same Luo tribe to which Obama’s late Muslim father belonged.

“Obama’s older brother still lives there. Abongo ‘Roy’ Obama is a Luo activist and a militant Muslim who argues that the black man must ‘liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture.’ He urges his younger brother to embrace his African heritage.

Beyond family politics, these ties have potential foreign policy, even national security, implications.”

The story remains untold to what extent Obama is committed to embracing his African heritage and supporting the militant activities of his brother, Roy, or the anti-Christian declarations of Raila Odinga ( http://eakenya.org/newsevents/article.htm?id=8 ), who claims to be his cousin. I think we already have a good idea about the leanings of his wife, Michelle, as evidenced by her tolerance for “white oppressors.” ( http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html )

If you think Hillary was the brains behind Bill in the White House, then just imagine the brilliant ideas Michelle has in store for her husband, Barack, to unleash on America. I’m guessing that she’s thinking, “It’s payback time!” And, maybe that’s a notion embraced by the entire Obama family.

http://realitybytesandpieces.wordpress.com/2008/02/27/obama-proud-of-militant-muslim-brother/

"A wink and a nod"

http://www.islamicamagazine.com/Online-Analysis/Muslim-Voters-and-Obama.html

15th March 2008 11:11 PM
Fiji Joe From Obama's church's own website:

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

1. A congregation committed to ADORATION.
2. A congregation preaching SALVATION.
3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

Might you be a little concerned with points 4, 6, 8, 9 and 10?

And speaking of point 10...Anyone know what else "economic parity" is called?...and anyone know what past (foreign) governments striving for "economic parity" had to do to their people to make it happen?

Read all about another one of Barry's mentors

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-communist-mentor/

20 years in those pews people...He owns this stuff
15th March 2008 11:24 PM
Glimmer Twin I didn't read through this entire thread, but thisw Wright guy is disgusting. I think Obama has a real problem. Why has he gone to this guy's church for twenty years? I don't think he's got a convincing answer to that.
16th March 2008 12:30 AM
sirmoonie Yes indeed, these are sad developments for those of us who were with the movement from the beginning.

Those of us who illuminated the truth about The Black Jesus.

Getting flapjacked by this jerk....its a little hard to take.....
16th March 2008 01:43 AM
the good
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I, on the other hand, am a deeply religious man, and I can guaran-fucking-tee that god is allowing America to redeem itself from the self-inflicted scourge of George Walker Bush III. John McCain - the last lion indeed, a president who will tackle the economic disaster the previous idiot left us in with his inane economic policies. A president who can actually be a commander-in-chief instead of some bumbling, limp-wristed fool who embarrases us day in and day out.

I think spending is the issue that will win him the white house. It plays to conservatives and independents, it distinguishes him from Bush, and he can hammer the democrats with it.
[Edited by the good]
[Edited by the good]
16th March 2008 02:30 AM
Prodigal Son Ok now it's just rubbing it in. This has become the Bash Obama thread. I agree the guy has really fucked things up by being associated for 20 years with this radical retard, but calm down now. Don't make him out to be as dangerous as Jimmy Carter mixed with George McGovern and a dash of radical afro-centrism. He may have associates who are militant black folks but does that mean he would govern America like a pro-Muslim, anti-Semitic state? Meh, I doubt it.

What presidential candidate in his right mind thinks he can get away with that? Then again, what kind of candidate goes to a church for 20 years with this wing nut? That's the biggest concern; his judgement. If he couldn't realize this guy was bad for his image all this time, what does this bode for his presidency? I don't go so far as to fear the apocalypse or some kind've nightmarish state where Sharptons and Rev. Wrights run the state treasury....

But man, Obama's got some 'splainin to do!

[Edited by Prodigal Son]
16th March 2008 10:52 AM
Nasty Habits So, clarify this for me - are we to expect that the day Obama hypothetically gets into the White House that he is going to turn around and say, "Fooled you crackers - you all be reportin' to the fields to start pickin' tobacco to earn yo' health care refo'm?"

Is that the concern? Are we worried that policies and decisions are going to lean heavily against white voters rather than heavily against blacks? Is there a secret black cabal plotting his shuck 'n' jive up top while planning to, I dunno, invade America or something as part of the real agenda? Help me out with the current state of the conspiracy theory.

Having sat through a lot of stuuuuuuuupid shit in white church (although not for 20 years - I think it's BEEN 20 years since I been regular) I know the value of the tune-out and the occasional attendance for family placation (politics at its most basic), so I buy Fiji's argument that he was mainly there to put in face time, and now that face time has egg on it.

I do not however buy that that egg has made the guy French toast - but it is a frank test. He's going to have to learn to dance faster than I've seen him in the last few days if he's going to get out of this one.

But I sincerely hope this is not the one horse that is going to get beat over the next eight months for McCain to ride to victory, because man, if it is, that is going to get ugly.
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
16th March 2008 12:26 PM
AlexKx Here's the deal. Of people that I have seen and that have posted at ABCNews.com anything Obama does is o.k. because he is the Messiah. Anything and everything he does is justified, accepted, and allowed. As it is this story is already being dropped (not that it was covered very much in the first place) as it is now considered old news being 72 hours old. This will now allow the possiblity of anyone now being involved with all types of hate groups. Hence why so many are willing to accept this behavior. Dear God help us.
16th March 2008 12:40 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

so I buy Fiji's argument that he was mainly there to put in face time, and now that face time has egg on it.

I might add a little to that...which is I think, after pondering it a bit, it was a little more than face time...I think at the outset, he chose that church and that religion to boost what he thought might possibly be a political career...and that career, at that time, hinged on appealing to inner city blacks in the Chicago area...so he chose the religion of the black voice...which was, and I'm quite sure he knew it despite what he says, anti-whitey...and it served him quite well in those local and senate runs...the overriding point being...this is not a church or a religion for a man whose entire platform has been one of "one America"...well, it is, but only if you subscribe to pulling whitey down to your level...that's Black Liberation Theology...that's it...and that's what he's been listening to for 20 years...can he pick and choose those things he wants to believe in from that religion?...sure he can...but it's absolutely reasonable to believe he's bullshittin' when he spins it that way...and personally, I think he was
16th March 2008 12:42 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
Here's the deal. Of people that I have seen and that have posted at ABCNews.com anything Obama does is o.k. because he is the Messiah. Anything and everything he does is justified, accepted, and allowed. As it is this story is already being dropped (not that it was covered very much in the first place) as it is now considered old news being 72 hours old. This will now allow the possiblity of anyone now being involved with all types of hate groups. Hence why so many are willing to accept this behavior. Dear God help us.

You're right...people defending this stuff now, are going to have to shut their pie holes when it comes to the next candidate that claims a racist, anti-american man as his mentor...and that's not such a good thing...just my opinion
16th March 2008 01:14 PM
Riffhard Do I hold Obama accountable for the words of his minister? You're goddamned right I do! Obama claims that this guy is like the "crazy old uncle". Yeah Right Barack! That'll play to your syncophants, but not me. You can't choose your uncle! Obama sought out this church and attended it for a full twenty years!! Twenty years! This can not be spun guys. Anyone that even trys to spin this is being intellectually dishonest. I say again, if he were white and Republican none of these people defending Barack would be defending him. It's blatant hypocrisy, and you know it goddamned good and well.

He's toast!

Riffy
16th March 2008 01:28 PM
AlexKx But that's just the point! He's not toast! He's totally fine and in the clear! You want to know why? Because the story is already old and most of the media are REFUSING to have covered it in the first place! So the story is already over! No once cares! Again except for those with hate in their hearts can now justify being open with hate groups! Don't you know that can't criticise Obama without being a non-believer? Ooops! I mean that would mean that you are a racist for being a "force of divdision" as he so gracefully puts it. Hang on! I'm going to go swallow a bag of nails.
[Edited by AlexKx]
16th March 2008 01:45 PM
Riffhard
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
But that's just the point! He's not toast! He's totally fine and in the clear! You want to know why? Because the story is already old and most of the media are REFUSING to have covered it in the first place! So the story is already over! No once cares! Again except for those with hate in their hearts can now justify being open with hate groups! Don't you know that can't critice Obama without being a non-believer? Ooops! I mean that would mean that you are a racist for being a "force of divdision" as he so gracefully puts it. Hang on! I'm going to go swallow a bag of nails.

No one cares? I just watched three seperate stories covering it on the three cable networks . This may fly during the primaries where a bunch liberals filled with idiotic "white guilt" will let it pass, but make no mistake, when it comes to the general election he's toast.

You can't shake this kinda stuff off so easily.

No one with a brain would vote for this man now. This guy is his spiritual advisor afterall! Now he wants us to believe that he knew nothing about these sermons!!Fucking liar!

Riffy
16th March 2008 01:53 PM
pdog Are you guys completely unaware of Reagan and Bushs connections to church leaders with questionable comments and actions... WTF? Ronald Reagan, was affiliated with that fucknut who banned interacial couples from his school.
What's really funny is, you hated hom before, know you expect everyone else to hate Barrack like you do... you guys kinda sound like the very guy who he's been going to church with, and who you are claiming is to hateful to be affiliated with, so should we listen to you, who is full of equal hate? How about this. I'll stick with my gut, respect the anger black people have, even though i diagree with it , watch peoples feet after their lips srtop moving, and save my judgement for actions, not some words used in anger, to entertain a bunch of idiots who think God was murdered and came back again, and had a mother who never got laid. See if this asshole minister, has done good things, actually helped people and done good things, that carries way more weight than a few hostile words. See these types, who preach, they preach alot of hate. It's too fucking selective to go after this guy, when I've been listening to religous hate my entire life. The same fuckers who hate niggers, queers, womens rights ect... That's all anti-American to me. If anybody wants me onboard with this, they need to condemn all religions that spew hate speech, not just the selective ones who might support a democrat. Fuck the one sided politics. Fuck religion while we're at it. Oh... fuck america... Oh, I said it. It's my freedomonizing right to say it. Maybe today I'm pissed, doesn't mean hate my country, maybe I'm just mad at the stupid people I gotta share it with, or maybe my govt. did something I disagree with.. .or maybe I just wanted to shock you... Maybe I wanted to see if I could find the other dissenters who want to oppose those who try take away my freedoms. Regardless, Fuck you too!
16th March 2008 02:02 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Oh man...it does not get better than this

actually, watching that makes me want to vote for Obama yo Mama more than ever, why not get your campaign started with big chested, white woman with 54 Double D's

Dudes a long-legged, mack daddy who hates whitey, which makes him probably the greatest political figure running for office since Abe Lincoln. Lets get Flavor Flav in there as his running mate and watch Sean Hannity shit his tighty whiteys every night
16th March 2008 02:10 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
Are you guys completely unaware of Reagan and Bushs connections to church leaders with questionable comments and actions... WTF? Ronald Reagan, was affiliated with that fucknut who banned interacial couples from his school.
What's really funny is, you hated hom before, know you expect everyone else to hate Barrack like you do... you guys kinda sound like the very guy who he's been going to church with, and who you are claiming is to hateful to be affiliated with, so should we listen to you, who is full of equal hate? How about this. I'll stick with my gut, respect the anger black people have, even though i diagree with it , watch peoples feet after their lips srtop moving, and save my judgement for actions, not some words used in anger, to entertain a bunch of idiots who think God was murdered and came back again, and had a mother who never got laid. See if this asshole minister, has done good things, actually helped people and done good things, that carries way more weight than a few hostile words. See these types, who preach, they preach alot of hate. It's too fucking selective to go after this guy, when I've been listening to religous hate my entire life. The same fuckers who hate niggers, queers, womens rights ect... That's all anti-American to me. If anybody wants me onboard with this, they need to condemn all religions that spew hate speech, not just the selective ones who might support a democrat. Fuck the one sided politics. Fuck religion while we're at it. Oh... fuck america... Oh, I said it. It's my freedomonizing right to say it. Maybe today I'm pissed, doesn't mean hate my country, maybe I'm just mad at the stupid people I gotta share it with, or maybe my govt. did something I disagree with.. .or maybe I just wanted to shock you... Maybe I wanted to see if I could find the other dissenters who want to oppose those who try take away my freedoms. Regardless, Fuck you too!

Are you seriously trying to equate Ronald Reagan's one time speech at Bob Jones University to Obama's twenty year association to this radical rascist preacher?! Are you being honest here? Having connections is one thing, but this man was on his fucking campaign staff for fuck's sake! This man married them! He baptized their children!

I never once said that I hated Obama. I certainly thought he seemed nice enough. I liked him a whole hell of lot more than I do Cankles Clinton! I sure as fuck don't agree with his socialist policy ideas because I have a functioning brain, but I never thought that he was a bad guy. I sure as hell do now. Fuck him. He laid down with a dog, and how he's got fleas.

Would you be defending him if he was a white Republican that belonged to the White Brotherhood? I seriously fucking doubt it. In fact I know you wouldn't. At least be honest about this for God's sake.

Riffy
16th March 2008 02:12 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Nasty he's toast. It's over. Would you feel the same way if John McCain attended a white power church? Would the media have ignored this for so long had he been a Republican? The answer to both questions is a huge NO.

Feel what way? I was asking for clarifications - if you have inferred from my post that I am supporting anyone, that is your own conclusion/assumption/incorrect thinking. I am still at the information gathering stage of this whole silly business, and while this piece of the Obama puzzle is highly relevant info, it's not the nail in the coffin. Furthermore, don't accuse me of spinning things when I'm spinning nothing - that in and of itself reveals your own biases.

I feel there is a profound, deep seated hypocrisy in almost every American's religious vs. public life, and that what is listened to in Church has little to do with how people act in the "real world". Sorry, but that's my experience for the most part.

To me he's got to walk this superfine line in terms of not saying, "No I don't believe the stupid shit this guy is saying," which risks alienating the religious black vote, and convincing the white voter that he didn't really listen to any of the stupid shit in the first place, which I find likely.

And, seriously, Riff, on the subject White Power vs. Black Power, I know I run the risk of being a self-hating whitey for saying this, but come ON, there is a big difference between KKK "keeping the niggers down" and feeling a lot of resentment for being kept down for centuries. How can anyone growing up black in America not be exposed to that kind of resentment most of their lives. I know , I know, attended the same church for 20 year . . . carry on . . .

quote:

The absolute stunning thing to me is that anyone in their right mind would try and defend this. This is like trying defend a murder defendant who's holding a bloody knife, with a pistol in his pocket.

Hold on a minute - I missed the part where this particular church is actually responsible for hate crimes, violence against whites, or anything other than convoluted, churchy rhetoric. Please repost that link so I can more accurately understand this bruhaha.

quote:

He's toast! It's over! He attended a blatantly racsist church that preaches hate against the USA for twenty years!!!!! Twenty motherfucking years!!! He was married by this asshole!! His children were baptized by this stupid asshat!!

This whole 'he hates the USA' thing about anybody needs to be retired, badly. It is getting pretty boring, you all. Do you sincerely believe that Obama with all of his classically American platitudes hates the USA and what it "stands for"? What it "stands for" or "could be" is the basis of his entire platform, whatever that may be. Sorry, don't get it.

And also, let's please retire "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

Stasis and lethargy have kept a lot of people I know in one church for all their lives . . .

quote:

Spin that shit all you want, but he's over! Thankfully. It's over! As it should be.

Say hello to your next President John McCain.

Once again Riff, I would maintain that I didn't spin shit - and that if you smell spin, I would argue that he who smelt dealt.

As far your last line, oh, well, better than what we got. I hadn't ruled him out.

My real point is: If Obama is the Democratic candidate, and if we have to deal with this particular topic for the next eight months, how far do you think this is going to set back race relations? I mean, any fool knew that this campaign would eventually turn racial some way or another, but woo, seriously . . . this could be fugly.

And I'm still trying to get a handle on what this particular religious influence means to how he would have run the country in the days before he was toast that needed the black scraped off it on account of it was so burnt.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
16th March 2008 02:20 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I might add a little to that...which is I think, after pondering it a bit, it was a little more than face time...I think at the outset, he chose that church and that religion to boost what he thought might possibly be a political career...and that career, at that time, hinged on appealing to inner city blacks in the Chicago area...so he chose the religion of the black voice...which was, and I'm quite sure he knew it despite what he says, anti-whitey...and it served him quite well in those local and senate runs...the overriding point being...this is not a church or a religion for a man whose entire platform has been one of "one America"...well, it is, but only if you subscribe to pulling whitey down to your level...that's Black Liberation Theology...that's it...and that's what he's been listening to for 20 years...can he pick and choose those things he wants to believe in from that religion?...sure he can...but it's absolutely reasonable to believe he's bullshittin' when he spins it that way...and personally, I think he was

My real concern is that back when he was still doing drugs he was reading the liner notes to those early Funkadelic albums by The Process Church of the Final Judgement. I used to do that and my white ass ain't been the same since.

16th March 2008 02:22 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

actually, watching that makes me want to vote for Obama yo Mama more than ever, why not get your campaign started with big chested, white woman with 54 Double D's

Dudes a long-legged, mack daddy who hates whitey, which makes him probably the greatest political figure running for office since Abe Lincoln. Lets get Flavor Flav in there as his running mate and watch Sean Hannity shit his tighty whiteys every night

Your cogent and intelligent arguments have made me a member of Camp Obama, bh - where do I sign up for training, indoctrination, and my 54 double D's?

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
16th March 2008 02:24 PM
AlexKx As I said. All you have to do is look at another fool as a point of reference for complete justification and acceptance of this situation. Clearly YOU are a racist for pointing out this problem with Obama. Definitely a part of the "forces of division".
16th March 2008 02:32 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
As I said. All you have to do is look at another fool as a point of reference for complete justification and acceptance of this situation. Clearly YOU are a racist for pointing out this problem with Obama. Definitely a part of the "forces of division".

Which fool?

Flavor Flav? Sean Hannity? Abe Lincoln? Bloozehound?

I never was good at long division.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
16th March 2008 02:39 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Are you seriously trying to equate Ronald Reagan's one time speech at Bob Jones University to Obama's twenty year association to this radical rascist preacher?! Are you being honest here? Having connections is one thing, but this man was on his fucking campaign staff for fuck's sake! This man married them! He baptized their children!

I never once said that I hated Obama. I certainly thought he seemed nice enough. I liked him a whole hell of lot more than I do Cankles Clinton! I sure as fuck don't agree with his socialist policy ideas because I have a functioning brain, but I never thought that he was a bad guy. I sure as hell do now. Fuck him. He laid down with a dog, and how he's got fleas.

Would you be defending him if he was a white Republican that belonged to the White Brotherhood? I seriously fucking doubt it. In fact I know you wouldn't. At least be honest about this for God's sake.

Riffy

Equate... no. BUT!!! I'm more in agreement with what a hateful black preacher has said than the Republican Whites hateful preachers...
I just haven't seen alot of whte persecuation, even though racism and all around ism's go all over the place, especially today.
I'll try to clarify, if I can...
I agree with some of the preachers views, I however, hate his delivery, and have my own very strong prejudices towards his type. I can't look at what he's doing that bothers me, without being aware of my own feelings towards certain races and stereotypes and cultures. And, when the person I dislike, has viewpoints that in my mind, I've thought about and examined, it makes for a very interesting internal dynamic.
What i've decided, at this point, and subject to change, is that many of the haters of the preacher and Obama by association, are experiencing very simular things to what i am. Except I beleive thay aren't willing to admit, how threatened they are by empowered black people speaking thier minds. My entire life, I've seen massive amounts of prejudice and hatred twoards blacks, and felt it back from them. I've seen major progress, and I'm aware of what took place before I was ever born. Being from a group of people who have themselves been persecuated doesn't give me enough understanding, since it happened before i was born. BUT!! that doesn't mean, that having been raised with this knowledge, heard stories, doesn't exclude me from rage and anger at certain times regarding my Jewish ancestry and the hate towards us. Anbd ironically, jews, like black stereotypes bother me as well. some, are very true. See I'm jew-ish, not full jew... haha.
So, like I was trying to say. I beleive people are both threatened by the preachers words, that ring of some truth about our nation, and the fact that he is also behaving in a way, that many people, white especially, find annoying, or just straight up, are repulsed by...
16th March 2008 02:46 PM
CrissCrossMind anyone here or anywhere in America that says one "bad" word about Obama ... will be labeled a Racist ... like those two white Bitches ... so much for free speech about all the issues facing this nation ... to me his camp & spin folks are making a big mistake ... playing the race card instead of having a rational discussion of the "race issue" in America today ... playing upon hate to rally your base to over 90% support would not be allowed for any person of any other race other than Obama by the media today! ... but for Obama is his key source of success ... for once I would like to see a Media outlet show the states won in the primary and treat them like a national election and count them like they will for President ... that little Bitch is kicking his ass big time ... but dare we talk about it ... CCM
16th March 2008 02:49 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Flavor Flav? Sean Hannity? Abe Lincoln? Bloozehound?

I never was good at long division.

Imagine the oval office and Flavor Flav jerking Hannity around by a dog collar, holding his big clock necklace to his face going "yo, what time is it, ya fat bitch!"
16th March 2008 03:00 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Imagine the oval office and Flavor Flav jerking Hannity around by a dog collar, holding his big clock necklace to his face going "yo, what time is it, ya fat bitch!"

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)