ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
Đ Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama's Church Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18th March 2008 06:19 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think your partisanship is coloring your view of his speech. Believe me, I VASTLY prefer this idiot over HRC. I'll support McCain over either of them but since this is probably a Dem year, I'd rather see him in the WH instead of those 2 scumbags. But this episode does show a certain lack of sense on O'Bama's part.

I am unregistered, but I generally sympathize with Dem causes, idealist that I am, and I do suppose I always argue on RO for the ideologue viewpoint. In Asheville I am a centrist MF, let me tell you. But as far as colored perceptions about the speech, I think the same about you, so we're even.

Anyway, agreed on the way the incident coming to light and how it showed a certain lack of sense and judgement - but I still can't see him as a 'scumbag' or rule him out entirely. Seems like he's willing to give lip service to dragging this stuff into the light and dealing with it. If he doesn't, he is shot to pieces. If he does, well, we'll see. You think he has lost all credibility? Fair enough, but I still want to see where this is going to go.

18th March 2008 06:25 PM
Starbuck nasty...you have rued this thread...no more of this weekend warrior shit, you need to go full time..."active duty" as we used to call it back in the service.

sorry to hear about your grandpa. mine died in '99 after a ten year bout of alzheimer's. sure, he used to rant about "them damn jigaboos" too, but he was still a damn good man. i miss him still.

18th March 2008 06:34 PM
glencar Nasty, I referred to Rev. Wright as a scumbag, not O'Bama. And all the conservative blogs are having a field day with the references to his granny. One says that even pdog & Chris Rock expressed fear of black men on the street.
18th March 2008 06:41 PM
Bloozehound Kill the White People !

[Edited by Bloozehound]
18th March 2008 08:30 PM
MikeyC613
quote:
CrissCrossMind wrote:
... I found it interesting the Pastor was family to Obama ... yet he painted his Grandmother (the white one) out to be a Racist that said things that made him cringe ... please note he did not say that about the Pastor ... and all his public "hate" sermons ...

did his grandmother have enslaved ancestors? was she allowed to eat/drink/live where she wanted growing up? was Reverend Wright? Were his parents?

I don't get how some people can't see any justified anger from the black community. Granted Wright is a little whacko and uses the anger to whip up some political points.

White Americans weren't enslaved, or segregated, or lynched.
18th March 2008 08:37 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Judgement and character are of paramount importance for me. If I were to begin to question my candidate's judgement or character my support would be gone immediately.

Riffy

LOL!
18th March 2008 08:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

LOL!

This little LOL jab is meaningless Moonie. You may consider some of Bush's policy bad judgement, but that is not at all what I was talking about and that is very obvious given the context of what we are have been discussing here.

Riffy
18th March 2008 08:47 PM
pdog
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
POTUS is no place for utopian dreamers. We need a realist with a track record of administrative excellence and bipartisan accomplishment.

I agree about his idealism, but as far as having a realist, we've had 7 years of incompetence, so following that, even an idealist can do better...
18th March 2008 09:29 PM
Starbuck
quote:
as far as having a realist, we've had 7 years of incompetence, so following that, even an idealist can do better...

well, that is the understatement of the year! a bruised grapefruit or a downs syndrome poodle could do better.

shit...even a goddamn baby with two faces could outpresident our current Commander in Chief...
18th March 2008 09:54 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
nasty...you have rued this thread...no more of this weekend warrior shit, you need to go full time..."active duty" as we used to call it back in the service.

sorry to hear about your grandpa. mine died in '99 after a ten year bout of alzheimer's. sure, he used to rant about "them damn jigaboos" too, but he was still a damn good man. i miss him still.

I think you are saying I ruled this thread, but your typo is closer to the truth.

GC - thanks for the clarification, I apologize for misreading your post.

And I meant to say I was a registered independent, not that I was unregistered.

bloozehound, I had forgotten all about that skit. Genius.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
18th March 2008 10:10 PM
CrissCrossMind He did not connect the Rev with honky Grandma direstly ... he followed up his Rev(is My cous) ... with the Grand Ma story ... of course we do not have any dvd's to verify his story is true ... she most likely can not be reached for comment ... but the point Obama was clearly making is Whities are more racist than an angry black Rev that says he hates the US Govt ... or insists that the US Govt created & planted the HIV in urban America ... I worked in the Cival Rights movement in the 60's ... I have many black friends ... but I do not feel guilty for being white ... nor do I feel responsible for Slavery in this country ... the Obama folks have labeled Hilary (& Bubba)as a racist many times already this year ... yet now Obama is taking the high road?? ... by Obama not coming out strong against hatred from his Rev he is losing his way ... this is angry Malcom X all over again ... CCM
18th March 2008 10:11 PM
Starbuck for nasty...

18th March 2008 10:15 PM
Starbuck nasty?
18th March 2008 10:22 PM
PartyDoll MEG Bucky..I am disappointed.

You are spending your birthday evening with sock puppets and postin on this thread????!!!

18th March 2008 10:35 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
glencar wrote:
. Are all black churches like this?

Better they should all be like this:

18th March 2008 10:46 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
for nasty...

White tube socks have been keeping the proud sock monkey brotherhood down for too long!

18th March 2008 11:18 PM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Ding,ding,ding!! Here, here! Why is it that some here are trying to argue this as a "guilt by association" tactic! It has nothing to do with that! It has everything to do with his judgement and his character.

If John McCain's associates were white supremacists would it be fair to say that John McCain were a white supremacist? No. But it would certainly be fair to question his judgement for associating with this kind of despicable group. I am flat out stunned that anyone here is even attempting to defend this shit!

This is only round one too. Wait until his association with William Ayers gets fully vetted by the media. Wait until the Tony Rezko scandal gets fully delved into. How did the Obama's purchase a huge house with no money right next door to Tony Rezko?

His judgement is fucked, and he's done.

Let me be very clear here. If Obama were my candidate of choice I would drop him like a rock after these recent facts came to light. If he were a Republican the party would already have moved in and told him to get lost. Trent Lott told a fucking joke and was forced to resign his leadership position. That Democrats seemingly always come to their defense of their very flawed candidates by trying to spin this into a "vast right-wing conspiracy" is absolutely absurd.

It's his goddamned judgement people!!!!! Get a fucking clue!!!!

He's toast!

Riffy

I'm not right-winger but I agree. I've said this myself, but how could Obama ever entertain thoughts of political glory and STILL go to this guy's church? He could've gone to another black church. You know Barrack, there are lots. He could still be pals with the guy but when questioned could at least say that years ago he made the decision to leave when he realized that this minister said some very hurtful things and some extreme statements about prejudice and white hierarchy, etc.

The post that quoted the article where a guy said this Rev. Wright is bad for black people might be true. There's a culture of victimization and it's no way for black people to advance in life. There are other means. Like I said, Dr. King would be disturbed by this man's dream of black liberation theology. People like Bill Cosby have stood up and denounced the violence of hip-hop and the lack of initiative some are taking in improving relations for blacks and whites. Then he got lit up for his accurate view.

So how can African-Americans "move on up" when they can't even get along themselves? Any voice of reason is accused of being an Uncle Tom. To some, any time a black guy does NOT show resistance to white people, he is an uncle Tom. Rev. Wright probably believes bullshit like this himself. Loudmouths like him are signs of how blacks in America also need to work on their relations if they want to see a brighter future.

Whitey can only be blamed so much for problems! I'm not saying black radicals are inexcusable since there are still white supremacists, neo-nazis and KKK clans. So why lower yourself to that level and become a Farrakhan-boosting anti-semite too? It's hard for me to say. I did a course in Civil Rights in America and I know that black people deserve a chance to vent. But saying 9/11 was some kind of revenge of God on America? That's a deplorable insult to the 3000 approx . who died.

I understand why when OJ was found not guilty, they all rejoiced. It was a revelation to see a black man not get locked up. But Chris Rock has a great rant about how we all know he did it, but when's the last time a black man got let off the hook for killing two white people? Hell in the old days, they'd hang 'em without any evidence and when some poor kid like Emmit Till got brutally murdered by two drunken hillbilly scum, the jury was so black-fearing they let them go. That's cause for outrage indeed.

But Wright turns it into some kind of global conspiracy to fuck black people over. Then he acts like people in government still have their beliefs of blacks that were conventional back in 1955. Does he not notice times have changed enough that the fact a black man is so close to being president is not a shocker? Reality check; you now have a voice in making change. Use it wisely and don't let the voice of Black America be idiot victimized putzes like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. And man up. Be like Dr. King who supported the aid for people all over the world being opressed.

He was not a politician, he was an activist and he recognized prejudice in all its forms while refraining from spewing shit about Jews. Sure he fooled around on his wife and had anti-Vietnam views that ruffled some feathers, but at least he didn't tell his pulpit that America was a damned nation and deserved what it got. He knew better than to paint every American with the brush of vicious scathing attacks. And Barrack, get some sense.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
18th March 2008 11:25 PM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL!!!!! This is why the Democrats call Clarence Thomas an Uncle Tom? Is this why Democrats call Condeleeza Rice an Aunt Tomasina? Colin Powell,Thomas Sowell,Bill Cosby. All of these black people have been slamed for uttering conservative values. No pdog. You need to do your homework here. It's not the Republican Party that is imploding due to race issues. Rather it's the Democrats. Democrats play the race card at every turn. They always have. Hell just last week Geraldine Ferraro was forced to resign form Hillary's campaign because Obama's camp claimed racism where none was there.

The most racially diverse cabinet in the history of this country has been George W. Bush's! Last I checked Bush was a Republican.

Riffy

Isn't this basically what Alan Keyes touts as his reasons for being a Black Republican, among others? It seems weird for any black person to back a party that supported segregation but then again, all the Southern Democrats did the same. They were not necessarily racist, just doing what their electorates desired. If you're into wiping out racist policies, politics becomes dangerous personally and professionally. That's just how it goes. And Obama has wanted to have his cake and eat it too, now he might not get either.
18th March 2008 11:50 PM
Riffhard Another thing that I have found so disturbing about this whole sorrid episode is this. Barack Obama gave his big race speech today. A speech he never would have given had this story not broken, by the way.

To hear liberals tell it is was the single greatest speech since Dr. Martin Luther King's, "I Have A Dream" speech! However, I want to know just exactly why the hell is this man lecturing me on race?! I mean correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't he the one that got cold busted for attending a church that preaches a theology that can only be called racist, anti-American, and anti-semite? Why is he talking to me about the state of racial divide in this country?! I don't attend a racist church for fuck's sake! He does!

I don't need a god damned lecture from Obama! I need an explanation for why he finds this devisive church so enlightening! He owed the country a valid explanation, and instead he gave a lecture on race! Does that not strike anyone else, who's willing to be honest, as just a touch self-serving?

Judgement! He has none.

Riffy
19th March 2008 12:14 AM
Bruno Well, you may know Iīm a Brazilian and I know I shouldnīt be talking american politics, but Iīm really impressed by all of you liberals defending Obama. How can this be? I canīt believe that defending your party is more important than using your brain.

Iīm ready to get the "shut up" but I had to say that.

Riffhard, keep it up. And you have PM.

19th March 2008 01:04 AM
the good
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Another thing that I have found so disturbing about this whole sorrid episode is this. Barack Obama gave his big race speech today. A speech he never would have given had this story not broken, by the way.

To hear liberals tell it is was the single greatest speech since Dr. Martin Luther King's, "I Have A Dream" speech! However, I want to know just exactly why the hell is this man lecturing me on race?! I mean correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't he the one that got cold busted for attending a church that preaches a theology that can only be called racist, anti-American, and anti-semite? Why is he talking to me about the state of racial divide in this country?! I don't attend a racist church for fuck's sake! He does!

I don't need a god damned lecture from Obama! I need an explanation for why he finds this devisive church so enlightening! He owed the country a valid explanation, and instead he gave a lecture on race! Does that not strike anyone else, who's willing to be honest, as just a touch self-serving?

Judgement! He has none.

Riffy

Would you be happy if McCain put Romney on the ticket, so the mormon could tell the black man to stop lecturing us about race? Now that would be some funny shit.
19th March 2008 01:18 AM
Brainbell Jangler Finally, after a long and productive day at the office, the usual evening of helping with homework, bedtime story and lullaby, I was able to watch and listen to the speech--the whole speech, not just the sound bites. Brilliant, monumental, historic; the most serious address on the race issue in a generation. As David Gergen ( no liberal he) put it, Obama--unlike most politicians--is willing to speak to voters as adults. Clearly, that level of mature discourse is lost in the braying cacophony that passes for political dialogue here.
19th March 2008 02:03 AM
the good
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Finally, after a long and productive day at the office, the usual evening of helping with homework, bedtime story and lullaby, I was able to watch and listen to the speech--the whole speech, not just the sound bites. Brilliant, monumental, historic; the most serious address on the race issue in a generation. As David Gergen ( no liberal he) put it, Obama--unlike most politicians--is willing to speak to voters as adults. Clearly, that level of mature discourse is lost in the braying cacophony that passes for political dialogue here.

It was a good speech. But very dishonest. Good words about unity and understanding from a man who sat in the pews of this lunatic's church for 20 years. That speaks volumes about Barack Obama and his character, and says a lot more about the man than any carefully crafted political speech ever would.

Some may think that Obama's inability to completely end his relationship with Wright is refreshing in an age where politicians always take the easy way out, but I think otherwise. Dick Morris hit the nail on the head when he said that if Obama is unable to muster enough will to sever all ties with this fool, he lacks an essential element of presidential leadership - the ability to be ruthless. And make no mistake. We live in a dangerous world where presidents are not campaigners in chief but men with a job to do. And their first duty is to keep this country safe from our enemies. Can anyone seriously claim, once the rallies are over, and everyone awakens from their fainting spell, that Barack Obama is qualified to be commander in cheif?

Obama's supporters (I'm not directing this at you specifically) seem to think they have a monopoly on vision. But vision isn't only about change. Its also about wisdom. I see little wisdom in what Obama is actually offering. Just a feel first and ask questions later type of left wing ideology. With a trillion dollar price tag.

[Edited by the good]
19th March 2008 02:30 AM
pdog
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Finally, after a long and productive day at the office, the usual evening of helping with homework, bedtime story and lullaby, I was able to watch and listen to the speech--the whole speech, not just the sound bites. Brilliant, monumental, historic; the most serious address on the race issue in a generation. As David Gergen ( no liberal he) put it, Obama--unlike most politicians--is willing to speak to voters as adults. Clearly, that level of mature discourse is lost in the braying cacophony that passes for political dialogue here.

As a white man in america, I feel I've turned a corner, and I'm way more comfortable with my ignorance, prejuice and unfiltered brain to mouth comments.
Those who didn't like obama or his idealistic hopefulness before, dislike him more now, and will never understand that those who don't care or can forgive or move on, will spend, possibly, the next four years telling them, that they shouldn't trust Obama. Now realize, that a guy like me. a white male, who doesn't like either Dem candidate all that much, has concerns about McCain too, doesn't give a fuck. WHY? Becaise most of the people bothered by Obama, unable to forgive or take one second to acknowledge the bullshit blacks have dealt with for hundreds of years in the americas are the same people who told me there were WMD's in Iraq. Told me Bush had no idea A.Q. was going to attack, and when it was found out, he did, they blamed Bill Clinton. And this is just the tip, of many issues we've debated here.
I know i'm flawed. I know Bill clinton was flawed... He had to have his flaws on Main St. like Obama. I like flawed, it's human. It's much better than the past years of a man who not only thinks he's right, who doesn't care about the opposing views, doesn't care enough to think of an alternative plan, won't admit he was wrong, the best we get is mistakes were made! And his defenders, are attacking a man, on a race issue... a race of people who 40 years ago, when I was born, we treated as less than human in this very country. Shit the fuck up white people. Save your outrage for the black guy playing his bass too loud acting like a fool. Not for a man who has spent his entire adul life serving this nation and its people. you want me to not like Obama. Okay. Show me how he has hurt people, caused harm, allowed americans to suffer. and don't give me any bullshit about drugs!! You fucking do/ did drugs!!! you better have some moral high ground. And be honest, not with me... with yourself, on how you really feel about race in this nation.
I was in NYC, with a friend, a person I really, really like alot. and it was their first time there... and one comment they made was, I've never seen so many black people before...The context was not racist, but it speaks volumes to someones experience.I was jealous too. Because like I said, I got a bunch of prejudice. Dudes rolling in card playing bass all loud. Watching people sell drugs in front of my house. Seeing people work a welfare system... and, the self righteous hatertainers like the Reverend we've been talking about!!!! People need to talk about shit...and be real. C'mon white people, drop the guilt and get real. My grandfather said alot of fucked up shit about black people, and he didn't even know he was being racist. He was a good man. He was raised in america, and we accepted things then, we don't now. And my kids will ive in an america that will laugh about this shit, just like the people who were forced to sit in the back of a bus, use a seperate water fountain, not allowed to FUCKING VOTE!!! Murdered, killed, raped without any justice or law protecting them. This is recent american history. It's real easy for people to ve upset at how they percive Obama to be acting, his motives, his ideals. You ready to have your inventory taken? You ready to have the actions of your parents and grandparent laid out? you ready to disect the comments of Barbera Bush after The NOLA disaster? And despite all our advances into equality. It is no leap, to see how disproportianate our prison racial breakdown in population is, to our nations racial breakdown. WTF? powder cocaine you can walk on a first offense and crack you get a mandatory prison sentence? People who didn't get equal education, fair shots at jobs or even the right to vote, not long ago... and eveything should be okay, and don't even get mad "Nigger"!!! Fuck that... I'm mad and I'm white!!!
19th March 2008 08:50 AM
CrissCrossMind Obama "the one that got cold busted for attending a church that preaches a theology that can only be called racist, anti-American, and anti-semite?" ... is now posied to lead all of us into his ... Black Power Uniter Chuch ... sorry but I don't buy bullshit packaged by anyone ... CCM
19th March 2008 08:57 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
pdog wrote:

As a white man in america, I feel I've turned a corner, and I'm way more comfortable with my ignorance, prejuice and unfiltered brain to mouth comments.
Those who didn't like obama or his idealistic hopefulness before, dislike him more now, and will never understand that those who don't care or can forgive or move on, will spend, possibly, the next four years telling them, that they shouldn't trust Obama. Now realize, that a guy like me. a white male, who doesn't like either Dem candidate all that much, has concerns about McCain too, doesn't give a fuck. WHY? Becaise most of the people bothered by Obama, unable to forgive or take one second to acknowledge the bullshit blacks have dealt with for hundreds of years in the americas are the same people who told me there were WMD's in Iraq. Told me Bush had no idea A.Q. was going to attack, and when it was found out, he did, they blamed Bill Clinton. And this is just the tip, of many issues we've debated here.
I know i'm flawed. I know Bill clinton was flawed... He had to have his flaws on Main St. like Obama. I like flawed, it's human. It's much better than the past years of a man who not only thinks he's right, who doesn't care about the opposing views, doesn't care enough to think of an alternative plan, won't admit he was wrong, the best we get is mistakes were made! And his defenders, are attacking a man, on a race issue... a race of people who 40 years ago, when I was born, we treated as less than human in this very country. Shit the fuck up white people. Save your outrage for the black guy playing his bass too loud acting like a fool. Not for a man who has spent his entire adul life serving this nation and its people. you want me to not like Obama. Okay. Show me how he has hurt people, caused harm, allowed americans to suffer. and don't give me any bullshit about drugs!! You fucking do/ did drugs!!! you better have some moral high ground. And be honest, not with me... with yourself, on how you really feel about race in this nation.
I was in NYC, with a friend, a person I really, really like alot. and it was their first time there... and one comment they made was, I've never seen so many black people before...The context was not racist, but it speaks volumes to someones experience.I was jealous too. Because like I said, I got a bunch of prejudice. Dudes rolling in card playing bass all loud. Watching people sell drugs in front of my house. Seeing people work a welfare system... and, the self righteous hatertainers like the Reverend we've been talking about!!!! People need to talk about shit...and be real. C'mon white people, drop the guilt and get real. My grandfather said alot of fucked up shit about black people, and he didn't even know he was being racist. He was a good man. He was raised in america, and we accepted things then, we don't now. And my kids will ive in an america that will laugh about this shit, just like the people who were forced to sit in the back of a bus, use a seperate water fountain, not allowed to FUCKING VOTE!!! Murdered, killed, raped without any justice or law protecting them. This is recent american history. It's real easy for people to ve upset at how they percive Obama to be acting, his motives, his ideals. You ready to have your inventory taken? You ready to have the actions of your parents and grandparent laid out? you ready to disect the comments of Barbera Bush after The NOLA disaster? And despite all our advances into equality. It is no leap, to see how disproportianate our prison racial breakdown in population is, to our nations racial breakdown. WTF? powder cocaine you can walk on a first offense and crack you get a mandatory prison sentence? People who didn't get equal education, fair shots at jobs or even the right to vote, not long ago... and eveything should be okay, and don't even get mad "Nigger"!!! Fuck that... I'm mad and I'm white!!!

Preach it, hipsterhater!

19th March 2008 09:22 AM
CrissCrossMind Bullshit ... many people white & black were raised a sharecropper's son ... got a third grade education ... but never used it as an excuse ... to rob or steal ... they raised families ... sent the children to college ... in "hope" of a better life ... and yes I agree Obamma was lucky to be raised by two white woman from Kansas ... it was Obama that injected RACE into this process ... by calling first Bubba a racist ... then his Bitch wife one ... next another white woman was declared a racist ... now he comes on as the big uniter ... I call bullshit ... CCM
19th March 2008 09:32 AM
Nasty Habits I was never on this board or in a thread where Pdog preached a message of hate and division . . .
19th March 2008 09:37 AM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

Pdog while you may bring some valid points to light you are still ignoring the one truth that no Obama supporter has addressed yet. HE WAS THE ONE ATTENDING A RACIST, ANTI-AMERICAN, ANTI-SEMETIC CHURCH FOR THE LAST TWENTY YEARS!!! He has absolutely no fucking right to lecture me about race!!! I do not attend a racist church. I am not a racist, and I do NOT ASSOCIATE WITH RACISTS!! He, however, does associate with a known, proven, blatant racist. He does attend this racist church, and has done for twenty years!

It's a nice little trick that he pulled yesterday. A good offense was his best defense I guess. Instead of offering any valid explanation or apology for attending this hateful church, that anyone in their right mind finds divisive and offensive, he has the unmitigated gall to turn the tables and lecture the vast majority of Americans who would never even consider attending this kind of church about race!!! Did I miss something here?!

So I'll ask again. Why do I get a lecture from a man that owes me, and the country, an explanation and an apology for his complete lack of judgement?!

I don't buy his "brilliant" speech because it was given for one reason, and one reason only. Political expediency.

This doesn't have a damned thing to do with partisanship on my part. You can believe that or not, but that's the God's honest truth. If it were learned that the Republican nominee showed this kind of total lack of judgement I would withdraw my support immediately. The only people that are stuck in partisanship mode here are the ones that refuse to acknowledge Obama's huge lack of judgement, and instead heap praise on a speech that would be meaningless had he not been caught attending a church that preaches hate on a regular basis.

Riffy
19th March 2008 10:06 AM
PartyDoll MEG Riffy..this political arena isn't my thing and you know it.
But sometimes I just can't let things slide.

Our senses...can be very selective in what they let into our thinking brain. And Our thinking brain can also stagnate from hearing/thinking the same things over and over again.

I am not gonna say that Obama is the be all and end all to save America, that he is (forgive the term) "lily white" with his politics. No politician on this earth is in my opinion!! I do not think that you and I heard the same speech yesterday. I would ask you to try to listen again and put aside those things that get in the way of your hearing the sincerity, forthrightness, of what he had to say..

This thread alone is evidence of what Obama spoke of yesterday...

It is a long time until November. Lots more issues to deal with, and skeletons in the closet all around.

and I hate politics!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)