ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Getting to roots of Mexican rock Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
17th March 2008 06:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Alex doin' Paint it Black (pathetic LOL)

hey Alex... you better sing in Spanish and your own songs; anyway is the Stones by the greatest live act in Spanish

17th March 2008 07:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
18th March 2008 01:35 AM
Slavegirl Just picked up "Love, Peace, and Poetry" off of Amazon~ can't wait to hear it!!
18th March 2008 01:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here’s a very strange Dylan cover, officially released in Mexico with an MP3 file at the end of the my message.

The cover is “Like a Rolling Stone” but guess what? With lyrics in Spanish and not just that but completely unrelated with the original lyrics, and I mean it… nothing in the lyrics has relation with Bob’s lyrics.

Also the name of the song was changed to “Avándaro”; as the new lyrics are about the Mexican Woodstock “Avándaro” a rock festival held about two hours from Mexico City in 1971, with the best Mexican bands back then. But not just about Avándaro but hilarious, sarcastic, and funny.

The group making the cover is “Naftalina” a “new” name for a band created in 1957 in my neighbourhood, “Colonia Condesa” in Mexico City. The band first name was “Los Sonámbulo” (The Sleepwalkers), later “The Sinners” (that was their name in “Spanish” back then many of our bands used names in English) and then “Naftalina”

This album was released in 1987, but the song was “composed” and recorded in 1971

This is the band in 1960

This is the band rocking a local bar in 1962 “Cafe Rusel”

This is the album front cover

This is the back cover (click on the link, my scan was really bad because of the colors of the backcover LOL)

http://www.rocksoff.org/h8-naftalina-portadatrasera.jpg

This is the Lyrics

The third verse uses some local expression from the 60s that we use in this new millennium:

“Dylanianos” for the Dylan fans…
• “jipitecas” means “Mexican Hippies”
• “pasoneados” means someone high on hallucinogenic drugs, especially our local mother nature: Peyote and Mushrooms
• “Atizado” someone stoned with weed
• “reventado” someone who party all the time… with ALL of the above LOL

…and now babies… an MP3 file, with direct access!!! Just right-click and download

http://www.rocksoff.org/h8-naftalinacoversdylan-lars-avandaro.mp3

Play it loud… no… no that loud… LOUDER!!!!

What do you think? Do you like it?

LOL
18th March 2008 09:26 AM
Nasty Habits That was cool. I wish I understood the words. Can you hit me with the gist? Didn't Three Souls do a song about Avandaro, too?

Here's some audio/still photo youtubes of some of my fave rave Three Souls Nos.

Of course this is the all time killer classic:

Maniacal live footage from, what, '78?

And this is my new favorite youtube video:

19th March 2008 09:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
That was cool. I wish I understood the words. Can you hit me with the gist?

I will, later.

quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Didn't Three Souls do a song about Avandaro, too?

Yes, they did it, "La Encuerada de Avánadaro" about the girl who was naked all the festival (someone stole her clothes), she was high and dead drunk all the time and was in the local news and footage... this girl was famous just because of that, LOL in Woodstock there were many and none of them is famous

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
19th March 2008 09:07 AM
Nasty Habits TIA - and thanks for the word jipitecas.

19th March 2008 09:12 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
19th March 2008 09:14 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

I know, right?

By any measure you Mexican rock and rollers have the coolest kids on the planet.

23rd March 2008 05:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

I know, right?

By any measure you Mexican rock and rollers have the coolest kids on the planet.

LOL Thanks!!
23rd March 2008 05:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl THis was a band from the late 60s

The same song in Spanish and below in English LOL

"Caminata Cerebral"

I walk within my brain

23rd March 2008 05:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Hasty Habits... this is for you, "La revolución de Emiliano Zappata" playing "NASTY SEX" for you "NASTY HABITS"

Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)