ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" New York premiere.
Ziegfeld Theater - NYC March 30, 2008
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Getting to roots of Mexican rock Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th February 2008 11:44 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

He was an intellectual and a drug guru in "La Condesa", in the late 60s in fact his moniker should be “The Timothy Leary of petatiux” instead of Allen Ginsberg, but he also looked like Allen Ginsberg, really! Just see that picture or the one I have in my profile and I have a lot of pictures of him and of Allen.

He met Timothy Leary in person and was a friend of many of the underground rock bands in the area. Again due to the ban we had he was known only locally but by many.

“de petatiux” is a local expression for something that is foreigner but you’re talking about the “Mexican Version”…so the expression "The Allen Ginsberg of petitux" means something like “The Mexican Version of Allen Ginsberg” when he was more into Tim.

Oh.
Cool. Your parents must be interesting people too. I wonder what they thought of all that.
16th February 2008 11:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Oh.
Cool. Your parents must be interesting people too. I wonder what they thought of all that.

My mom was a philospher and between some curious things she was a pen-pal of both Bertrand Russell and Erich Fromm. She was very conservative and hated that.

My dad was an industrial and didn't give a fuck about it.

I remember one time some friends of my brother got busted by the police and my dad came out, talked with the police and told them something like "do you job you bastards, go for the roots not for the leaves"... and the cops left!!
16th February 2008 12:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
My mom was a philospher....

Wow. I'm a philosopher too.
Well kinda.
When the spirit overcomes me I "speak in beers"....but I have no interpreter.

Thanks for the info. And kudos to your brother.

16th February 2008 12:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://www.happytrailershd.com/flashmovies/madeinmexicoflash
16th February 2008 12:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the movie poster

16th February 2008 12:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
And kudos to your brother.

to you too brother

BTW, TomL met him, this is a picture of the pre-party to see the Stones in Mexico City 2006

TomL is the first in the picture and my brother is in between Mr. Pleasant (a well known regular here) and I

Gracias again for this thread Señor Moteles
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
16th February 2008 12:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL both my brother and I wearing the Rocks Off t-shirt
16th February 2008 12:31 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
BTW... I wanna be your slllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave!!

Love your avatar, too bad it is reduced to 100x100

But this is it in full for us reading this thread to enjoy!

Viva Voodoo!
16th February 2008 12:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl no... you're wrong! viva Slavegirl!
16th February 2008 12:46 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
no... you're wrong! viva Slavegirl!

Si, but I have wanted to see that pic larger for a long time.

Viva Slavegirl e Voodoo?
16th February 2008 02:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Si, but I have wanted to see that pic larger for a long time.

It's easy just right-click on her avatar copy and then paste it to your browser...

quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Viva Slavegirl e Voodoo?

No, it must be

Vivan Slavegirl y Voodoo!!
18th February 2008 03:21 AM
TampabayStone
quote:

It's easy just right-click on her avatar copy and then paste it to your browser...

No, it must be

Vivan Slavegirl y Voodoo!!

Muchas gracias, bonito amigo!
18th February 2008 08:10 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Muchas gracias, bonito amigo!

LOL "bonito" here sounds gayer than Elton John
18th February 2008 09:27 AM
TampabayStone
quote:

LOL "bonito" here sounds gayer than Elton John

I thought you might like that. Better than bonita, no?
18th February 2008 09:59 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well at least sounds better than "amigo bonito" thats gayer than the gay queen in the San Francisco or NYC

So better "bonito amigo" than "amigo bonito"

Saludos
18th February 2008 09:47 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Well at least sounds better than "amigo bonito" thats gayer than the gay queen in the San Francisco or NYC

So better "bonito amigo" than "amigo bonito"

Saludos

I am in your debt my friend. Next time I'm in Mexico, I want no mess ups. I get the southern accent really going when I try to speak spanish. For some reason, Mexicans tend to find it amusing.

Photobucket
29th February 2008 09:36 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is a picture of Javier Bátiz with "El pájaro", as mentioned Javier was the boss and teacher of Carlos Santana and had Carlos Santana and Fito de la Parra as members of his band.

As you can see he is not a "doll"
1st March 2008 12:04 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
This is a picture of Javier Bátiz with "El pájaro", as mentioned Javier was the boss and teacher of Carlos Santana and had Carlos Santana and Fito de la Parra as members of his band.

As you can see he is not a "doll"

Cool pic!

If you star hard enough into his eyes you see your own reflection, word.
1st March 2008 12:10 AM
TampabayStone
quote:

to you too brother

BTW, TomL met him, this is a picture of the pre-party to see the Stones in Mexico City 2006

TomL is the first in the picture and my brother is in between Mr. Pleasant (a well known regular here) and I

Gracias again for this thread Señor Moteles
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]

Funny! I got the same pants on right now.. Is your bro real big or is TomL a small dude?
1st March 2008 09:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Funny! I got the same pants on right now.. Is your bro real big or is TomL a small dude?

No... that's Rodors and occasional (once very two years) poster here, my brother is on the other side..."TomL is the first in the picture and my brother is in between Mr. Pleasant (a well known regular here) and I"
1st March 2008 11:00 AM
TampabayStone
quote:

No... that's Rodors and occasional (once very two years) poster here, my brother is on the other side..."TomL is the first in the picture and my brother is in between Mr. Pleasant (a well known regular here) and I"

Photobucket
3rd March 2008 11:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is me with Alex Lora, the one at the top of the bill of any rock festival in Latin America, a schoolmate in the sixties and a good buddy! We were talking a lot about the good old times!

The picture was taken by Tzonistac at the end of the second Bob Dylan show in Mexico City

4th March 2008 02:24 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
This is me with Alex Lora, the one at the top of the bill of any rock festival in Latin America, a schoolmate in the sixties and a good buddy! We were talking a lot about the good old times!

The picture was taken by Tzonistac at the end of the second Bob Dylan show in Mexico City

For a second, I thought you were hangin' with Brian May.
4th March 2008 10:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

For a second, I thought you were hangin' with Brian May.

LOL... they look similar

Check this poster about the movie El Señor 10,000 Moteles posted in the first message.

EL TRI and ALEX LORA are on top on both sides, El Tri is the band founded by Alex Lora and Charlie Hauptvoguel, and by far the most succesfull and authentic rock band not just in Mexico but Latin America and Spain; in this thread you'll find pictures of me with both Alex and Charlie
4th March 2008 10:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl When Alex left the Bob Dylan's "post party" Tzoni wanted a picture with Alex, so I told Alex "hey Alex this is Tzonistac
(well... I used her real name) and ALex was very nice, he came back, said "hi Tzoni" and posed for this picture taken by me

5th March 2008 02:06 AM
TampabayStone
quote:

LOL... they look similar

Check this poster about the movie El Señor 10,000 Moteles posted in the first message.

EL TRI and ALEX LORA are on top on both sides, El Tri is the band founded by Alex Lora and Charlie Hauptvoguel, and by far the most succesfull and authentic rock band not just in Mexico but Latin America and Spain; in this thread you'll find pictures of me with both Alex and Charlie

You convinced me!!! TTM has one good post out of a thousand. 0.001....We can use him on the Rays!

Photobucket

12th March 2008 12:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl By overwhelming demand... here's a zoom of my pic with Alex Lora! Thanks again Tzoni, I'm waiting for the front pix taken by another friend

12th March 2008 08:32 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
This is me with Alex Lora, the one at the top of the bill of any rock festival in Latin America, a schoolmate in the sixties and a good buddy! We were talking a lot about the good old times!

Buenos Diaz Voodoo me amigo. You look like you could chew steel with those chompers...

17th March 2008 06:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is Alex Lora in a ver recent show, last year... LOL you need to translate the lyrics to get the whole thing

17th March 2008 06:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Alex doin' Satisfaction

Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)