ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yeeeeeehaaaaaw!!!! New Tour official!!!! Return to archive
03-21-04 06:43 PM
zebulon NO KIDDING!

Well, it seems, the sunday mirror got it first ....

I cite:
THE Rolling Stones will tour the world next year - when Jumping Jack Flash Mick Jagger will be a veteran 62.
Sir Mick, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts had a meeting to decide on their future plans earlier this month in Paris.

Get the link at http://stonesnews.com for the details.

BTW, the article ends with this classical remark:

A Rolling Stones insider revealed:�
"They love touring so much they're delighted they will be going on the road again."

Now, whattya think? Is that geat news or what? Jesus f***ing Christ!

Ok, it's not this year, but, then, goot things take time ...

03-21-04 06:48 PM
Monkey Woman Yeah, exciting news. But as I posted here http://novogate.com/board/968/187085-4.html , it's not really an official statement but a tabloid "insider report", i.e. a guy close to the band telling something that might happen or not.
03-21-04 07:06 PM
zebulon
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Yeah, exciting news. But as I posted here http://novogate.com/board/968/187085-4.html,

Erm, ok, I didn't take the time to look under the other threads ... I considered it worthy for a new one ...

quote:
it's not really an official statement but a tabloid "insider report", i.e. a guy close to the band telling something that might happen or not.

Okokokokok, you're right! That's true.

But, nevertheless, I'm too excited to read about this in the press (even if it's tabloids). Before, it basically was our rumours, but now it's in the 'press'. Ok, you might ask, where's the difference? Well, I don't know, but I'm f***ing freaking out here and I'm jumping up and down the walls ....

I'm gonna take my son with me for that tour, for chrissakes. He wanted to go last time already, but there were difficulties. Nex year. he'll be 12/13 (depends on the schedule) and if nothing serious happens, I'm gonna take him with me through all of the fucking great Stones shit of meeting people and sleeping in the streets waiting for tickets...

... well, ask me again tomorrow, I'm having a party here going on and maybe I'm a little bit too excited, am I not?

[Edited by zebulon]
03-21-04 07:13 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
zebulon wrote:

I'm gonna take my son with me for that tour, for chrissakes. He wanted to go last time already, but there were difficulties. Nex year. he'll be 12/13 (depends on the schedule) and if nothing serious happens, I'm gonna take him with me through all of the fucking great Stones shit of meeting people and sleeping in the streets waiting for tickets...

... well, ask me again tomorrow, I'm having a party here going on and maybe I'm a little bit too excited, am I not?

Hey, of course you're excited! Myself, I had to stop and read it twice when I saw the post on Shidoobee! Couldn't wait to post it again here!

I nearly envy the kid, he's going to get his first experience of the Stones!!! How cool is that?

BTW, thanks for the link to the Mirror website.
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
03-21-04 08:08 PM
zebulon
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Hey, of course you're excited! Myself, I had to stop and read it twice when I saw the post on Shidoobee! Couldn't wait to post it again here!

Oh yea!

quote:
I nearly envy the kid, he's going to get his first experience of the Stones!!! How cool is that?

Weeeel, it's not the *first* experience, of cause. Just to give you an image: when he was about 9/10, his favourite album was Stripped and the song: "Spider & the Fly"

quote:
BTW, thanks for the link to the Mirror website.

Oh, you're welcome!

You and all the otheres here: have a f***ing great start of the week!!
[Edited by zebulon]
03-21-04 08:26 PM
corgi37 Cant see them doing a huge tour like the last one. Probably just the U.S. Dont know why i think that, but i do. Then again, what else are they going to do?
03-21-04 09:25 PM
Poplar
so - what does this mean for the album timetable?
fall? winter?
03-21-04 10:09 PM
Gimme Shelter RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to put in my vacation request at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-22-04 07:34 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
zebulon wrote:
Weeeel, it's not the *first* experience, of cause. Just to give you an image: when he was about 9/10, his favourite album was Stripped and the song: "Spider & the Fly"

He he! I see you've given your kid a good education!

quote:
Oh, you're welcome!

You and all the otheres here: have a f***ing great start of the week!!

Yeah! I love it when the buzz starts buzzing! Let it rock!!!

03-22-04 07:43 AM
FotiniD Don't you just love it how we know (and discuss to the silliest little detail ) all the rumours and the hype weeks before it gets out on the tabloids / newspapers?
03-22-04 08:48 AM
marko I just want the damn NEW CD,,,,,more than a tour.
03-22-04 09:01 AM
FotiniD
quote:
marko wrote:
I just want the damn NEW CD,,,,,more than a tour.

Let's not overreact... I mean, I want the new cd too after all, but comparing it with a tour... Hm...

There's no comparison to catching them live, I think.
03-22-04 09:47 AM
zebulon
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
He he! I see you've given your kid a good education!

You bet!

But actually, it's all in the music - he just listened to it (I didn't play it too often) but he liked it by himself...

03-22-04 09:48 AM
zebulon
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Don't you just love it how we know (and discuss to the silliest little detail ) all the rumours and the hype weeks before it gets out on the tabloids / newspapers?

Yea, it's part of the show and part of our lifes, isn't it?

I love it!
03-22-04 06:13 PM
corgi37 I too want a new cd. But not a crappy one. For the love of Satan, it has to be a good-un. "Traditional" Stones songs, hard hitting rockers, lovely mid-tempo ballads to dance with you lady to, and 1, maybe 2, Keef rockers. Not ballads. Not reggae. Rockers.

If they tour, i want it to be the octopus design stage that was rumoured for the licks tour. Man, i liked that rumour. I had fantastic images of hydrolic tentacles reaching over and into the audience. We've had the inflatable dick, how about an inflatable snatch? Inflatable asshole? Infla...
what the hell am i talking about?
03-22-04 06:29 PM
Jumacfly ..Corgi what about an inflatable Janet Boob??

BEST VIEWED HIGH