ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Word on the Street....Bill Wyman Return to archive
03-20-04 05:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels What's Wyman's status for this next tour and album? Has he got over it yet? Whatever "it" is. His little hissy fit of ten years. Don't get me wrong I love Bill Wyman but he needs to come home. NOW! While the door is open. (Well I guess for him the door is always open.) The time is now Bill.
03-20-04 08:28 PM
MRD8 THere is NO chance at all that Bill will ever be a member of the Rolling Stones again! I'll bet he won't even join them for a special visit...he had enough and seems really happy with his Rythum Kings...I say GOOD FOR HIM!
03-20-04 08:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]MRD8 wrote:
THere is NO chance at all that Bill will ever be a member of the Rolling Stones again!<

Well I wouldnt say that. For good or ill Bill is still a "Stone". He can not be not a member. Quitting is not an option.Its a theoretical impossibility. Enough of this fucking foolishness. Although he might like the Rythum Kings they aint the Stones.
03-20-04 08:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well Stu never quit, he was just fired and refused to leave. Now thats a stonsian attitude.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
03-20-04 09:09 PM
Blind Dog McGhee He should stop coloring his hair. What's he 70 by now?
03-20-04 09:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Blind Dog McGhee wrote:
He should stop coloring his hair. What's he 70 by now?

He's got hair? Little Richard is 71. Bill I think is about 64 or 65. The Who are over 60. People are people, you can't expect more than you putin. Rebellion is not a natural state for most people and rightly so. Most people just want a normal ife. But the 60's were far from "normal".
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
03-20-04 09:34 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

He's got hair? Little Richard is 71. Bill I think is about 64 or 65. The Who are over 60. People are people, you can't expect more than you putin. Rebellion is not a natural state for most people and rightly so. Most people just want a normal ife. But the 60's were far from "normal". No wonder Brian Wilson went nuts. We're NOT "normal". Nothing is normal now.

Yessir. One can age gracefully though, pre-rockers mostly. The 60s, nuff said.
03-21-04 01:03 AM
kahoosier per the internet:

Born William Perks in London on October 24, 1936
03-21-04 02:01 AM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
per the internet:

Still thinks Bill Perks looks silly for an old man.
03-21-04 03:48 AM
kahoosier A famous painter, at the moment I think it was Marc Chagall, but I may be wrong, was Bill's neighbor for a while. He tried to tell him that his long hair was silly and passe. Bill told him he helped bring back long hair on men, that he helped start the trend. Tell it like it is Bill!

Of course nothing looked as silly on the old man as a teen age bride did on his arm!
03-21-04 06:08 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Well Stu never quit, he was just fired and refused to leave. Now thats a stonsian attitude.

Yeah!!! Stones is as Stones does, if you get my drift
03-21-04 06:12 AM
IanBillen
quote:
What's Wyman's status for this next tour and album? Has he got over it yet? Whatever "it" is. His little hissy fit of ten years. Don't get me wrong I love Bill Wyman but he needs to come home. NOW! While the door is open. (Well I guess for him the door is always open.) The time is now Bill.

Bill is not going to return. The Stones have went on without him and that is the way it went. I don't think the
Stones even consider him at this point or for the last few tours for that matter. I suppose for Bridges they may of had a thought or two on the state of Bill Wyman....and that is just a relative maybe. He was really great with the Stones but The Stones time with Bill has long past and they are real with that. I am sure if he wanted back in they would consider it. But that isn't the way it is. It isn't looked at as an option and hasn't been for a long time now.
Ian
03-21-04 07:12 AM
kahoosier Thanks IAN for the shot of reality! It just is something so many cannot grasp. But now for a real mission...try and convince the many that Mick Taylor is not coming back and nor should he.
03-21-04 08:46 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
per the internet:

so that's where the guy that types with his caps locked got his nickname..?

pretty clever

using the mobile van's license plate is pretty clever, too (Throbby showed me that )
03-21-04 08:53 AM
mac_daddy my $0.02 - neither Bill nor Mick T are coming back. Somewhere, someday, Mick T might guest on a tune or two, but I kinda doubt it...

_____

ka hoosier, you are a wealth of info this morning...

>>> A famous painter, at the moment I think it was Marc Chagall, but I may be wrong, was Bill's neighbor for a while.

could this be the what motivated Bill with the interest of doing the book..? I thought he might have gone through some born-again thing, and liked all of Marc's religious images...

03-21-04 10:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Bill is not going to return. The Stones have went on without him and that is the way it went. I don't think the
Stones even consider him at this point or for the last few tours for that matter. I

Yeah I suppose you're right. Reality sets in. Oh well, life goes on.
03-22-04 12:22 AM
jpenn11 MT isn't coming back??!! What makes y'alls so sure??!! Hey, just in time for the next tour, it will be the 30th anniversary of his departure. . . .

Actually, I'd be more than content with another Bluesbreakers tour of the 1967 line up.
03-22-04 02:47 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Hey Now! Keef colors his hair! Looks pretty damn good to me! hahaha
03-22-04 04:53 AM
IanBillen
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
Thanks IAN for the shot of reality! It just is something so many cannot grasp. But now for a real mission...try and convince the many that Mick Taylor is not coming back and nor should he.
!!!!LOL!!!! Wow that's funny. Every tour you have folks who are like da-da-da- "Taylor is touring in England they are probably going to talk with him and he is probably
buffereing up for The Stones Tour LOL. I mean come on the guy was a fine guitar player but that is all done and was done the day Ronnie joined. Why can't some folks snap out of it? It is kinda like a guy who's wife left him and 20 years later he is still sitting home while his friends keep trying to persuade him to go out and find some new chic and he still is swearing to his friends that she is coming back.

*The Stones would consider taking Bill back if for some unearthly reason he suddenly really wanted to.
*The Stones would never let Taylor back in. (no dis-credit to his guitar play) but they would laugh him out of the park for even asking.
Ian
03-22-04 05:33 AM
Zack Bill's fear of flying in airplanes was one reason why he quit. Unless they are doing the new tour by train and ocean liner I don't think Bill's going to make it.

Remember the Dick Cavett interview from 1972 on 25x5. He asked Bill what he'd be doing 10 YEARS from now, Bill said one word: "Retired."

Pigs will fly, Ronnie!
03-22-04 07:40 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Don't get me wrong I love Bill Wyman but he needs to come home. NOW! While the door is open. (Well I guess for him the door is always open.) The time is now Bill.

Getting Bill Wyman back???! (consider Bill as the little yellow smilie lurking around)

Pardon me, but I have an intolerable dislike for Mr. Perks, which may or may not have to do with his decision to quit the Stones and which prevents me from having ANY objectivity in regards with his playing (thoughts like: it was only his amp that got him in the Stones camp )- and of course leads me to totally reject the possibility of him coming back.

I think this door's been closed years ago and he did the best he could to keep it locked. Tough.
03-22-04 02:52 PM
quackenbush Wyman's close to seventy, isn't he? Mick Jagger does not want a seventy year old man who looks like a wizened Harry Potter playing bass.

BEST VIEWED HIGH