ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Money, a new release by the Rolling Stones (new singles box-set) Return to archive
03-19-04 05:00 PM
Monkey Woman Abkco is really trying to reap in the green stuff. And yes, "Money" is on it (disc 3).

From Rollingstone.com:

Stones Singles Get Boxed

Early years covered in May release

Got singles if you want 'em

A trio of box sets will compile the Rolling Stones' ABKCO hits and B sides starting with The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1965, due May 4th.
The twelve-disc set will replicate the original artwork of the Stones' original 45s along with a new essay about the band by Nigel Williamson. Among the cuts on 1963-1965 are the band's Chuck Berry cover "Come On" from 1963 with its Muddy Waters B side "I Want to Be Loved." Other highlights of the set include a cover of the Beatles' "I Wanna Be Your Man," the instrumental "Stoned" that was nixed from a U.S. release, and three Eps -- The Rolling Stones EP, Five by Five and the Got Live If You Want It EP -- that have never been released on CD before. The band's early original hits also surface with "Time Is on My Side" and "Heart of Stone."

The second and third sets, The Rolling Stones Singles 1965-1967 and The Rolling Stones Singles 1968-1971 cover the band's most productive hitmaking years, when the Stones placed fifteen singles in the Top Forty including six Number Ones. 1965-1967 will be released later in the summer, with 1968-1971 due in the fall.

ANDREW DANSBY
(March 19, 2004)

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=19488

...and from Billboard.com:

From Billboard.com:

ABKCO Plans Stones Singles Boxes

ABKCO Records will release three box sets of the Rolling Stones singles recorded between 1963 and 1971.

The first set, "The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1965," is due May 4 and featured 12 CDs beginning with the group's first studio recordings from the spring of 1963. "The Rolling Stones Singles 1965-1967" and "The Rolling Stones Singles 1968-1971" will bow in the summer and fall, respectively.

Each of the 12 discs in "The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1965" will be packaged in a picture sleeve displaying original artwork; the discs will approximate the original vinyl 45 rpm singles. Featuring 33 songs in all, the set also includes a 28-page booklet of rare photos and annotation, and an essay by Nigel Williamson, editor of Billboard's weekly "Global Pulse" column.

The series marks the first time three Rolling Stones EPs previously released on vinyl in the United Kingdom -- 1964's "Five By Five" and "The Rolling Stones EP" and 1965's "Got Live If You Want It" -- will be issued on CD. "Got Live If You Want It" includes recordings of "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love" and "Pain in My Heart" never before released on CD.

In August 2002, ABKCO Records released "The Rolling Stones Remastered," 22 titles encompassing their LP releases between 1963 and 1970 as well as several compilations. Those titles were issued on dual-layer, hybrid Super Audio CD.

Here is the track listing for The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1965:

� Disc 1: "Come On" / "I Want To Be Loved" (U.K. 1963)
� Disc 2: "I Wanna Be Your Man" / "Stoned" (U.K. 1963 / U.S. 1964)
� Disc 3: "The Rolling Stones EP": "Bye, Bye Johnny" / "Money" / "You Better Move On" / "Poison Ivy" (U.K. 1964)
� Disc 4: "Not Fade Away"" / "Little By Little" (U.K. 1964 / U.S. 1964)
� Disc 5: "It's All Over Now"" / "Good Times, Bad Times" (U.K. 1964" / "U.S. 1964)
� Disc 6: Five By Five (EP): "If You Need Me" / "Empty Heart" / "2120 South Michigan Avenue" / "Confessin' the Blues" / "Around and Around" (U.K. 1964)
� Disc 7: "Tell Me" / "I Just Want To Make Love To You" (U.S. 1964)
� Disc 8: "Time Is On My Side" / "Congratulations" (U.S. 1964)
� Disc 9: "Little Red Rooster" / "Off the Hook" (U.K. 1964)
� Disc 10: "Heart of Stone" / "What a Shame" (U.S. 1964)
� Disc 11: "The Last Time" / "Play With Fire" (U.S. 1964 / U.S. 1965)
� Disc 12: "Got Live If You Want It" (EP): "We Want the Stones" / "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" / "Pain In My Heart" / "Route 66" / "I'm Moving On" / "I'm Alright" (U.K. 1965)

-- Christopher Walsh, N.Y.
03-19-04 05:16 PM
jean-pierre M ...maybe w'll get some missing true stereo tracks...????
03-19-04 07:06 PM
Navin "We Want the Stones" had not yet been out on CD - until now!
03-19-04 08:08 PM
Stonesthrow Are the 3 boxed sets going to be SACDs or merely CDs?
I also would like to know the stereo content.
03-19-04 11:22 PM
quackenbush Why buy any of these boxed sets if you either have or can buy The London Years? They have unreleased songs in their vaults; why don't they release them? Like how about:

Highway Child
Memphis Tennesee
Route 66
Hamburger to Go
Blood Red Wine
I'm Going Down
Roll Over Beethoven
Bright Lights, Big City
Road Runner
Diddley Daddy
And Mr. Spector and Mr. Pitney Came Too
Cops and Robbers
Hi-Heel Sneakers
Stewed and Keefed
Tell Me How Many Times
Down in the Bottom
I've Been Loving You Too Long
Looking Tired

Most of these songs Stones fanatics already own on boots. It'd be great if I could get official copy of these songs.

HEAR THAT RECORD COMPANIES: I WANNA BUY OFFICIAL COPIES OF SONGS THAT I ALREADY OWN ON BOOTLEGS! ONE OF YOU, I WON'T MENTION ANY NAMES--ABKCO--IS HOLDING OUT.
[Edited by quackenbush]
[Edited by quackenbush]
03-20-04 08:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels If I'm not mistaken, Bob Ludwig did the remastering of those songs for ABKO. But then again he works for everone anyway. If anyones interestested in that end of things the website is www.gatewaymastering.com
Ludwig is quite a dude.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
03-21-04 08:39 PM
corgi37 Ummm, what about Satisfaction? Released in 1965 with (in some parts) Under assistant West Coast Promo man? Where is that.
03-22-04 04:04 PM
dkmonroe
quote:
� Disc 12: "Got Live If You Want It" (EP): "We Want the Stones" / "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love" / "Pain In My Heart" / "Route 66" / "I'm Moving On" / "I'm Alright" (U.K. 1965)

WHAT? They're FINALLY going to release the "Got Live" EP? And put it in a box set? Of singles that I already have?

Damn you evil geniuses!

I'll be sticking with my German mono boot containing "Got Live," until such time as this box set falls from the heavens into my lap.

BEST VIEWED HIGH