ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Off topic news from Finland Return to archive
03-19-04 10:55 AM
marko This day,has been very dark day in Finland.Last night at
2.20am,on finish road E4,after town called Jyvaskyla,about
60km,a bus with 35passengers in it,crashed into truck,which
was full off Paper rolls,each weights abot a ton.Thats 40tons of paper.Paper rolls crashed buss,and killed 20passengers immediately.Road was VERY ICY,and slippery.
Police don�t know the actual reason for accident yet,one change is,paper rolls wasn�t placed in right way inside the
truck,and on icy road,they start moving,theres no way to stop massive load like this.This the worst accident,on the
road,in finish history.I know these things happens all the
time all around the world,but finland is a small country,
about size of Florida,but its a big thing for us here.
Still,an hour ago,we were shopping,driving local highway,
people just driving too carelesly,and too fast,they just never learn,do they?

I�m fine here,its just,i know the road etc.....been there
100times.Its the fastest&easiest way to drive to Lappland.
Its the same damn road where my broke down 2years ago,,,

cheers,now i need my ownmade bitter,,,have a good weekend.
03-19-04 10:58 AM
jb Very sad news marko....my sincerest condolences.
03-19-04 11:19 AM
Joey " about
60km,a bus with 35passengers in it,crashed into truck,which
was full off Paper rolls,each weights abot a ton.Thats 40tons of paper.Paper rolls crashed buss,and killed 20passengers immediately.Road was VERY ICY,and slippery.
Police don�t know the actual reason for accident yet,one change is,paper rolls wasn�t placed in right way inside the "

My heart goes out to the fine citizens of Finland and I will say a prayer for each and every single one of them this evening before i go to bed .

Er , about those " Paper Rolls " , can they be used for Toilet Paper ?!?!?!?! You see , I have been shitting liquid all week and my Ass is just RAW !!!!!!!!!!

Developing .................................

Shafing ......................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jercee !
03-19-04 02:01 PM
glencar Poor Finland. I'm a speedy driver yet even I take extra care during hazardous weather conditions.
03-19-04 02:04 PM
marko i take extra care during hazardous weather conditions

well,it doesn�t work here....when spring is here,its freezing at night time,days are getting warmer,or can rain
water,then it turns to snow,guess what it does to roads here?We have winter tires here,,,,
03-19-04 02:10 PM
glencar I was going to say you could take public transit but apparently that doesn't work too well either. I hate driving in snow.
03-19-04 02:15 PM
Factory Girl marko, please accept my sincere condolences. My thoughts & prayers are with the Finnish people.
03-19-04 05:15 PM
Monkey Woman I just saw this thread... So sad to about the news, marko, I hope you're keeping well and have friends or someone you love with you in this hour.

Love and positive thoughts to you and all the people in Finland.
03-19-04 07:56 PM
mac_daddy horrible news, marko.

take care - and please be safe.
03-19-04 08:07 PM
fmk438j My sympathies MArko.

Is it Finland that means-tests speeding fines? That is you pay a fine based on the size of your income.
03-20-04 12:19 AM
Leroy Sanders Sorry to hear that terrible news.

Hey, this chick's hot!

03-20-04 01:00 AM
fmk438j T'is Angelina Jolie
03-20-04 01:19 AM
Leroy Sanders
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
T'is Angelina Jolie

The girl looks like she needs to eat a bit more taters and gravy, though.
03-20-04 07:38 AM
Doxa Yeah, it's been an awful day and a half here in Finland. What makes this horrible accident even worse is that almost everyone in that bus were young kids from 12 to 19 in their way to a holiday in Lappland (to ski, in fact). For me it is extra painful that I happen to know two of them, nice young sisters, that fortunately survived. But it's going to affect to rest of their lives, to their parents life etc. It's terrible.

Thanks for your nice words, people.

- Doxa

BEST VIEWED HIGH