ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: as mac_d said recently...(nsc) Return to archive
03-19-04 01:07 AM
stonedinaustralia this woman is a mess...

�AAP 2004

Love arrested on assault charges

Singer-actress Courtney Love was arrested in New York after throwing a microphone stand into a nightclub audience and hitting a man on the head, police said.

Hours before her arrest, Love, 39, known for her sensational, disruptive behaviour, bared her breasts on the CBS Late Show with David Letterman.

Love jumped on the desk used by Letterman for the late-night talk show and pulled up her shirt. She was not wearing a bra.

A police spokesman said Love was charged with assault and reckless endangerment after the 2:30 am (1830 AEDT) incident at an East Village nightclub. A court date for Love was not immediately set.

She threw a microphone stand into the audience and a 24-year-old man was injured in the head, police said. The name of the man was not released.

Love, frontwoman for the defunct rock band Hole, appeared in court in Beverly Hills, California, on Tuesday for a hearing to determine if she will be tried on drug charges.

The hearing was postponed but not before she had disrupted proceedings and was admonished by the judge to keep quiet.

It was the fourth time a Beverly Hills judge has put off hearing the felony case stemming from Love's October 2 trip to a local hospital for what police called "a medical emergency."

Love has pleaded not guilty to illegal possession of prescription painkillers.

She faces two charges in a separate case stemming from her pre-dawn arrest the same day outside a boyfriend's home, where police said she was breaking windows.

Love was set to play another Manhattan concert to promote her solo album "America's Sweetheart."

03-19-04 02:46 AM
fmk438j
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
Love was set to play another Manhattan concert to promote her solo album "America's Sweetheart."

Not sure if anyone has said this already, but to me all this behaviour has come at very coincidental time as far as getting headlines to promote the new release.

I have never liked her at all. She is starting to go overboard with the plastic surgery to.
03-19-04 09:28 AM
sammy davis jr. If there is a god, put this skank out of her misery......please.
03-19-04 09:32 AM
Factory Girl Yep, she is a mess and her plastic surgeon(s) is a butcher.

How is her new cd, btw?
03-19-04 10:01 AM
glencar My sister went to Letterman's show on Wednesday & said it was bizarre. She thought Courtney was doing schtick but then heard she'd been arrested. She also said that seeing Letterman's show these days is weird. You don't actually get to see the stage; you watch the show on monitors.
03-24-04 02:13 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
My sister went to Letterman's show on Wednesday & said it was bizarre. She thought Courtney was doing schtick but then heard she'd been arrested. She also said that seeing Letterman's show these days is weird. You don't actually get to see the stage; you watch the show on monitors.

really - monitors? I dont get it - it looks like a stage and bleachers on TV...

along with Courtney, here's another whose star is fading fast (it is about f*cking time, too)

[Edited by mac_daddy]
03-24-04 02:35 PM
jb Sadly, she is a great talent who seems to be following her late husband's path. I actually liked some of the music by 'Hole" and thought she did a good job in that movie about Flynt a few years ago. She needs someone to 'slap" her out of it fast, before it's too late.
I agree, the plastic surgeon did a shit job...
03-24-04 02:45 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jb wrote:

I agree, the plastic surgeon did a shit job...

understatement of the year...

although, once upon a time she worked at Jumbo's Clown Room, and they won't hire you if you are too good looking...

acting talent -> maybe, but she also might have just played herself twice for Milos Foreman and Julien Schnabel...

as for her musical talent - debateable, at best... some of the stuff that was on "Live Through This" was alright, but I am pretty sure the good tracks were written and or influenced by her late husband, even if they are not credited to him in any way...

BEST VIEWED HIGH