ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wanna Hold You (long and short) Return to archive
03-18-04 10:46 AM
dealer squealing I love this song, when i heard it live i wished it would never stop. Anyway the LP i got has one werse shortened from the CD version. I noticed that when i got hold of the cd and was singing along, suddenly i did not recognise one werse!
03-18-04 11:13 AM
Nasty Habits If I remember correctly the cassette tape release had the extra verse in it as well. But it's been a long time since I've listened to my Undercover tape!

03-18-04 04:25 PM
Gazza >If I remember correctly the cassette tape release had the extra verse in it as well. But it's been a long time since I've listened to my Undercover tape!

thats correct. I guess the CD release uses the longer version that originally only appeared on the cassette
03-18-04 04:39 PM
Poplar

yep - i only have the album on tape. and despite the efforts of those of you who love it, i just can't get into it. there are some acceptable songs, but i HATE the sound. imho, the last two albums sounded much better and included much better songs. for the record, i don't even own Dirty Work.

as for the track (wanna hold you) it has some good licks in it. good open G rocker. i thought it was a refreshing break like from BTMMR & Happy. but again, the "sound" on Undercover turns me off a little.
03-18-04 04:45 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
If I remember correctly the cassette tape release had the extra verse in it as well. But it's been a long time since I've listened to my Undercover tape!

Hey Nasty !!

(Ed MacMahon voice) You ARE correct sir !!

I have a serious question for you. In the last week I have played 2 used record store gigs and I am kicking around the idea of doing a summer east coast tour based on record stores/small clubs and try to move/consign some product etc. I remember you told me once that it would be cool that if I ever wanted to, I COULD work for you, "schlepping records" etc. Since I'll probably be in your area, I was thinking something like maybe for a day or two working in your store in the morning when it opens doing thankless stuff like reracking or tagging or whatever and then doing an acoustic set of originals/audience request stuff for an hour or two live in the store for something like $75 cash and a six pack ? PM me and we'll talk details. I know serious east coast "Cardinal Fang" fans will show up just to talk and get loaded (and hopefully) give you some business !! Just ask any of the cooler C-10 folks. The cities I'm thinking of doing are New York City/NJ, Philly, Chicago.
"Get in, get out, nobody gets hurt, everybody gets paid, etc." sort of deal.

Check this out, I played this gig out of town on Sunday and met two celeb's at my show. One was cool, one wasn't. The first one was Ronnie Montrose. He gave me some "career advice", he said, "Seriously, You kinda joke around too much on stage". With out missing a beat I looked him in the eye and said, "You want to know a joke ? You and Sammy Hagar's cover of The Stones, "Connection" is a joke and I'm serious". He smiled, then he bailed. Guess I won't be seeing Ronnie anytime soon ?

The other celeb that WAS cool that was there was Lita Ford and her husband Jim. I got Lita to autograph something for "somebody" that say's "ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb, Lita Ford". She also told me some really disturbing (to me anyway) gossip about The Runaways. She also confirmed my theory that Joan Jett stole the riff for "Cherry Bomb" from The Ramones, "Beat On The Brat". (They didn't even bother to change the key it's played in !)

Nasty, What do you know about Bloodshot Records out of Chicago (business wise ?) They have expressed an interest via email in hearing my demo. Do they fuck the artist over like 99% of every other labels out there ? Thank's In Advance !

Can't wait to get out East and hangout with Nasty and some of my other East Coast brothers this summer !!!

Later, Cardinal Fang

P.S. [R.I.P. Steve Snyder]
03-18-04 05:02 PM
Joey " I have a serious question for you. "

" In the last week I have played 2 used record store gigs and I am kicking around the idea of doing a summer east coast tour based on record stores/small clubs and try to move/consign some product etc. I remember you told me once that it would be cool that if I ever wanted to, I COULD work for you, "schlepping records" etc. Since I'll probably be in your area, I was thinking something like maybe for a day or two working in your store in the morning when it opens doing thankless stuff like reracking or tagging or whatever and then doing an acoustic set of originals/audience request stuff for an hour or two live in the store for something like $75 cash and a six pack ? PM me and we'll talk details. I know serious east coast "Cardinal Fang" fans will show up just to talk and get loaded (and hopefully) give you some business !! Just ask any of the cooler C-10 folks. The cities I'm thinking of doing are New York City/NJ, Philly, Chicago.
"Get in, get out, nobody gets hurt, everybody gets paid, etc." sort of deal. "

" Check this out, I played this gig out of town on Sunday and met two celeb's at my show. One was cool, one wasn't. The first one was Ronnie Montrose. He gave me some "career advice", he said, "Seriously, You kinda joke around too much on stage". With out missing a beat I looked him in the eye and said, "You want to know a joke ? You and Sammy Hagar's cover of The Stones, "Connection" is a joke and I'm serious". He smiled, then he bailed. Guess I won't be seeing Ronnie anytime soon ? "

" The other celeb that WAS cool that was there was Lita Ford and her husband Jim. I got Lita to autograph something for "somebody" that say's "ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb, Lita Ford". She also told me some really disturbing (to me anyway) gossip about The Runaways. She also confirmed my theory that Joan Jett stole the riff for "Cherry Bomb" from The Ramones, "Beat On The Brat". (They didn't even bother to change the key it's played in !) "

Deep

" Nasty, What do you know about Bloodshot Records out of Chicago (business wise ?) They have expressed an interest via email in hearing my demo. Do they fuck the artist over like 99% of every other labels out there ? Thank's In Advance ! "

" Can't wait to get out East and hangout with Nasty and some of my other East Coast brothers this summer !!! "

Just Teasing Cardy !!!!!

By the way , where have you been around here ?!?! One thing about you man , you were always Minty Fresh and you sure as Hell knew how to write a post .

Welcome Home My Brother !!!!!! As soon as I find out the " Upcoming Who Tour Dates " for this summer I will be sure to E - Mail you so you can RELAY ( GET IT ?!?! : Relay ) the info to our " buddy " .

Kins !

03-18-04 09:20 PM
Cardinal Fang I Thank You my brother !

Later, Jimmy
03-19-04 12:37 AM
BILL PERKS CARDINAL FANG IS BACK..THERE IS HOPE FOR OUR FUTURE.
03-19-04 06:23 AM
Dead Flower Cardinal Fang has and always will be one of the greatest Stones people who are out here on the internet. Cardinal Fang totally rocks! He knows his stuff too!
03-19-04 11:28 AM
Joey " Cardinal Fang has and always will be one of the greatest Stones people who are out here on the internet. Cardinal Fang totally rocks! He knows his stuff too! "

He's definitely the coolest !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jercee
03-19-04 01:06 PM
Cardinal Fang THANK YOU all but I am really NOT as cool as some of you think I am.

THANK'S for the kind words !!

Later, Cardinal Fang
03-19-04 01:09 PM
Joey " THANK YOU all but I am really NOT as cool as some of you think I am. "

You are waaaay too modest Cardy !

You ARE the Coolest ! Period !!!!! The Whole World Knows It !!!

J. Fly !

03-19-04 03:21 PM
Dead Flower Cardinal Fang you have always been cool because you give so much and don't babble on like many others. Come to think of it I have mostly seen you answer peoples questions instead of asking a bunch of questions yourself. I know you know a lot about The Stones and it's nice that you share your knowledge so freely. That alone makes you cool in my book!

BEST VIEWED HIGH