ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OMG - Dylan with Jack White last night in Detroit! Return to archive
03-18-04 08:00 AM
Lazy Bones Martha guessed it right! Jack White guessed with Dylan in Detroit last night doing BALL & BISCUIT for only the 3rd, 2nd encore this tour!

Wow. Lucky gal!
03-18-04 08:11 AM
Zeeta Impressive! Fantastic!
"Meet me in the Morning" has a real likeness to Ball and biscuit, I wonder if they merged the two songs?!
03-18-04 10:53 AM
Nasty Habits Good for Jack! I know that there was a dream come true for him.
03-18-04 01:31 PM
Phog That's great. We need Martha's review.
03-18-04 07:10 PM
Martha I just this minute got home and am unpacking. I PROMISE to write a proper review of all three nights and post it.

OMG is right LB!!!!!!!!!! I was stunned and went insane...... completely insane with joy when the second encore took place on the third of the last show of Detroit's 3-packer. There he was, Jack White standing center stage in his reddish brown outfit that matched his new reddish brown hair color. The color change threw me (and his hair was covering his entire face most of his performance)....but only for a split second or so. The band started into "Ball & Biscuit". Bob took the lead vocal and I was in total disbelief....and thrilled beyonds words. I was simply crazy with happiness and shock. I screamed and didn't know I was screaming I was so delighted and stunned. It was a musical moment I will NEVER forget.

I know I'll never see this happen again, which makes it my gem of the year already! I feel very blessed and lucky as hell, prolly like those of you who got to see AC/DC jam with the Stones....:-) And, I really needed a boost of this proportion after having just lost our kitten, Winky, last week. I was so depresseed (grief-stricken) I wasn't even sure I had the strength to go ahead to Detroit I was so up[set and sad. He died suddenly on Thursday of last week on the vet's table. His death came as a complete shock to us. He wasn't yet 2 years of age and was such a delight in our lives. He will be missed terribly and our household energy is not the same. Winky was very full of energy and life.

So, I'll have to make certain to have Bob or the Stones playing on the stereo daily to keep myself up. Music is a very healing energy for me. It's been helping me to get through the severe depression I've had for the past two years...the only side effects are I MUST have MORE of it! And often! LOL

BTW, Lazy Bones, Savage and Young was the person who first mentioned Jack might show up at one of the Detroit shows, so he gets a medal ( hehehehe) from me as soon as I get mine and can burn it for him! LOL

I will have all three Detroit shows as everything went well for travelin' man records, even though they did thorough pat downs. "Plenty of places to hide things here if, you want to hide them bad enough..."

Shit, they even took my package of cheese crackers away from me. )-: And they offered absolutely no food inside the venue, which was sorta wierd. No coffee either and it was cold as hell Tuesday with a snow storm to boot. Bob warmed me right up though!

Anyway, very good news on TMR, having secured these three shows. I think we got a total of 40 songs out of three nights of shows. That in and of itself is fuckin' stupendous!

Just know I wished that each of you could have been at last nights show with me. I wanted to call Lazy Bones and or Nasty and go nuts on the phone with ya' after it was over last night. I was on cloud nineteen.

A full report is coming!

BTW, Did Stonesy get his DC ticket?

I am now strongly leaning towards making it to NC or DC. I could follow this band to the ends of the earth. Freddie, (Bob calls him Fuzzie) is taking charge coming up front slidin' and playing leads like a real champ. They are absolutely on FIRE!

BTW, Bob's tour book has a great shot of Mick, Keef, Ronnie and Charlie on stage together with Mick singing into the mike with Bob. Don't know what it's from. I can try to scan it and send it to you Jaxxy.

I'm still spinning like a top with delight, awe and joy. What a great time to be alive!

I know this is a stream of consciousness blither blathering hodge podge of hocus pocus. My mind is swimming with images, songs, hats, black outfits, musical moments, slide guitars, drumming, that bass-line, and just overall Bobness. Thanks for understanding. I am simply not calmed down yet!

Nasty, I knew right away that Jack was making his dream come true last night! I was thinking of you and what you had recently written to me about your conversation with Jack about Bob. Thank you for sharing that with me. Your timing is impeccable. I may see you in NC! I'll keep you posted as things develop on my end.

I want to HUG each and everyone on this board RIGHT NOW! :-) Except Joey, of course. (haha!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooo,
Martha

"Let's have a ball and a biscuit sugar........and take our sweet little time about it......."

03-18-04 07:16 PM
Lazy Bones Ahhh, tomorrow can't come quick enough! Great news about TMR!!
03-18-04 07:55 PM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Ahhh, tomorrow can't come quick enough! Great news about TMR!!

TMR is coming to Toronto!!!!!! Just got the call. I'll e-mail you as soon as I get my pizza eaten!!!
03-19-04 01:10 AM
fmk438j

WOW

I need this boot.
03-19-04 07:28 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:

TMR is coming to Toronto!!!!!! Just got the call. I'll e-mail you as soon as I get my pizza eaten!!!

There's an extra ticket on the exchange page (for the Sunday show), Martha. I forwarded the info to Chris and Jeff (via reply to Chris' email). I trust his equipment is coming...

Good luck!
03-19-04 07:31 AM
Lazy Bones Bob Dylan Ups His Hip Factor By Bringing Jack White On Stage
Thursday March 18, 2004 @ 03:30 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

As Torontonians prepare for three Bob Dylan performances this weekend, Dylan fans in Detroit received a treat last night when the legendary singer-songwriter brought some new blood on stage. On the last night of a three-date stint at Detroit�s State Theatre, Dylan invited young Jack White to perform with him on the second encore.

But Jack wasn�t brought on to riff on a Dylan classic � rather, Dylan chose to join White in a White Stripes song. Together with Dylan�s band, the two played a version of "Ball And Biscuit," from The White Stripes� most recent album, Elephant.

Dylan is currently in the middle of a North American tour that has him playing an average of three shows per city, often in different venues. He�ll play Toronto�s Ricoh Coliseum tomorrow (March 19) followed by a show at The Phoenix on Saturday (March 20) and the Kool Haus on Sunday (March 21). We have no clue as to whether or not Dylan will invite any Toronto hipsters to join him on stage, but if he�s looking for a local, we�d like to suggest The Deadly Snakes� Andre Ethier. Ethier�s debut solo album, Andre Ethier With Christopher Sands Featuring Pickles And Price, due out next week, should be right up Dylan�s alley, and if any local singer-songwriter has the chops to stand up with Dylan and his bluesy band, it�s Ethier.

Either way, Toronto Dylan fans can expect a mix of songs from Dylan�s back catalogue as well as tracks from his most recent album, 2001�s Love And Theft. Highlights from recent setlists have included "It�s All Over Now, Baby Blue," "Highway 61 Revisited," "Like A Rolling Stone" and "It Ain�t Me, Babe."

(from www.expectingrain.com)

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
03-19-04 09:24 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
I was stunned and went insane...... completely insane with joy...

That is INCREDIBLE, Martha! And I'll tell you, although I selfishly wish it coulda been ME seeing this unbelievable meeting of the minds, I'm so glad it was YOU in the audience. (And not just because I think I'm gonna get a boot of the show, either, although that IS a factor...)

And HOW FUCKING COOL that they did "Ball & Biscuit"!!! You know you've arrived when Bob Dylan asks you onstage and ends his show with one of your songs. Looks good on the resume! When I first heard the report that Jack was there, I woulda bet on "Love Sick" because the Stripes do a killer version of that.

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty. I'm a cat person too and know what it's like to lose a friend. My sincere condolences.
03-19-04 04:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot Martha...

I am sooooooooo jealous.

SS has not scored tix for 4/3 yet.

I keep checking TM every day...waiting...hoping...
03-19-04 04:40 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
fmk438j wrote:

WOW

I need this boot.

word
03-19-04 05:13 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Martha...

I am sooooooooo jealous.

SS has not scored tix for 4/3 yet.

I keep checking TM every day...waiting...hoping...

I knew you would be SS and I wish like hell you could have been right there seeing it all unfolding. It is still killin' me everytime I think about it. Phenomenal!!!

And...now you have secured your tickets just like I KNEW you would! hehehe!

BTW, I can't pull up TM's site at all??? Have they changed something and or is anyone else having this problem? I haven't been able to go there since I got home last night. Gonna try again right now. Argh! I'm waiting on the NC show to pull up.
03-19-04 08:33 PM
mac_daddy that's great, Martha...

you folks might be interested in my latest vine offer

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/185488-4.html

(scroll down)
03-20-04 07:35 AM
parmeda Martha...isn't Jack the cutest little soul in person?
Oh, I can just imagine the frenzy that hit your every nerve when he joined Bob on stage!

I'm very glad YOU, of all people, were able to witness that
03-20-04 10:24 AM
Martha
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Martha...isn't Jack the cutest little soul in person?
Oh, I can just imagine the frenzy that hit your every nerve when he joined Bob on stage!

I'm very glad YOU, of all people, were able to witness that

Pammy thank you so much!!!!! I can't get it out of my mind.... I wake up hearing them jammin' and go to sleep the same way. I see them on that stage in my minds eye. It made me so happy, so incredibly happy to know I was witnessing this rare moment. I'm over the moon. Is there a picture of this floating around anywhere on the web? I have a feeling no one got a photo, but I hope I am wrong. I haven't seen one though.

Jack is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! He has that male femal quality like Mick has, which sets me on fire...not to mention the way he plays that guitar. I'd throw myself at him if I was 20 years younger...LOL! The amount of charisma on that stage during "Ball and Biscuit" was tremendous. Hell, the song itself is charismatic....blistering! I was so blown away by it I didn't hardly know where I was...it really was the coolest moment in all of my rock and roll travels. And I've had many!!!

I know I promised a review, and I will get it written. I have to wait to write it tomorrow, I underestimated my time-frame at the homestead. And we're going out of town again today.

Pam you WILL hear this show as soon as I get it from the infamous Travelin' Man Records.....I sent my b&p out yesterday. TMR isheading to Toronto for tonight's show and hopefully meeting up with our very own Lazy Bones!
03-20-04 01:17 PM
T&A the Ball and Biscuit duet is now available for download on the White Stripes website...sounds great
03-20-04 03:45 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
T&A wrote:
the Ball and Biscuit duet is now available for download on the White Stripes website...sounds great

good - that saves me from having to hassle voodoo to put up the mp3

03-20-04 06:52 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I called it I called it I called it!

(w0000000t)

Ahhh MAN. That's fantastic. You're so lucky, Martha.

-tSYX --- Meet me in the mahhrrnin'...
03-21-04 03:00 AM
Martha
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
I called it I called it I called it!

(w0000000t)

Ahhh MAN. That's fantastic. You're so lucky, Martha.

-tSYX --- Meet me in the mahhrrnin'...

You DID!!!! And I'll be rewarded with a 3 night TMR set the minute I get mine!!!!!! It will KILL!!!! :-)

BEST VIEWED HIGH