ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on Sopranos Again Return to archive
03-15-04 05:00 PM
Mr. D The credit's for last night's episode was filled with the sounds of "Undercover". Just thought I'd mention this...The Sopranos also used "Thru and Thru" a couple seasons ago. I think the next step is bringing the boys on the show....I think Charlie would actually work as a mafia hitman on the show.
03-15-04 05:57 PM
SoulSurvivr
quote:
Mr. D wrote:
The credit's for last night's episode was filled with the sounds of "Undercover". Just thought I'd mention this...The Sopranos also used "Thru and Thru" a couple seasons ago. I think the next step is bringing the boys on the show....I think Charlie would actually work as a mafia hitman on the show.

For one episode 2 years ago they also used Keith's "Make no Mistake" during a scene between Tony and that italian chick that commited suicide.
03-15-04 06:22 PM
steel driving hammer 2 words for those who don't have HBO - Get HBO

I was in a fucking trance these last to episodes.

The Soprano's Rule You Bastards.
03-16-04 03:16 PM
glencar These are indeed classic Sopranos episodes, Tony! There's only one more season & then it's off into the dustbin of history for the other Tony & his gang of felons. It was great to hear "Undercover of the Night" during the credits. David Chase is a real Stones fan.
03-16-04 04:17 PM
Joey " I was in a fucking trance these last to ( Sic ) episodes.

The Soprano's Rule You Bastards. "

Yes , most Excellent Programming !!!!!!! I hear David Chase is ALSO a Steely Dan fan .

Developing .......................................

" Riding the crest of a wave breaking just west of Hollywood Ronnie ! "

Dr. Pee !!!!!!!!!!
03-16-04 04:26 PM
Gazza just one thing - dont start telling us the plot you bastards!

Its my favourite show and the new series hasnt started over here yet.
03-16-04 04:28 PM
glencar When does it start over there?
03-16-04 04:48 PM
Joey " just one thing - dont start telling us the plot you bastards! "

The Plot : " Some Guys Get Whacked " !!!!!!

Word .

03-16-04 04:56 PM
Gazza I'm serious, Joey.

Keep this shite up and I may have to delete all your posts.

Glencar - dont know yet. havent heard anything. Some series we've got just a few weeks after the US ones. Other times its taken months. I've taped every episode since it started. Never miss it.

The only upside of this being possibly the final series is more time for future Springsteen tours.
03-16-04 05:01 PM
Joey " I'm serious, Joey.

Keep this shite up and I may have to delete all your posts. "

03-16-04 05:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yesterday's papers... a header from 2001

03-16-04 05:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I'm serious, Joey.
Keep this shite up and I may have to delete all your posts. "

That would be funny. Ahhhh...but all accomplishments in this life are pretty much sandcastles anyway.
03-16-04 05:15 PM
Joey " That would be funny. Ahhhh...but all accomplishments in this life are pretty much sandcastles anyway. "

" Some Men See Posts the way they are and ask Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! -- I post things that never were and say , Why Not ?!?!?! "

Joey Kennedy !
03-16-04 05:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Some Men See Posts the way they are and ask Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! -- I post things that never were and say , Why Not ?!?!?! "

Joey Kennedy !

WOW. Profound. When will posts actually become a commercial commodity? There must be a few serious venture capitalists out there who would put some money up.
03-17-04 09:28 PM
mac_daddy that thru and thru was sweet - wasn't that one of the first public airings goven to that tune..?
____

I am with SDH - the first two episodes of the new season are great...
____

tune in an hour early, and check "Curb Your Enthusiam." that show is hilarious...
____

the carnival one is way beyond me, and I can go for that artsy sh*t, sometimes. But that freakshow one sucked...

the new western looks like it could suck, too...

03-17-04 10:06 PM
BILL PERKS " Some Men See Posts the way they are and ask Why ?!?! WHY ?!?! -- I post things that never were and say , Why Not ?!?!?! "

Joey Kennedy !

[/quote]
AMEN TO THAT
03-18-04 01:38 PM
glencar Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty funny but not as much as years past. The Western ("Deadwood") looks boring.
03-18-04 04:13 PM
Gazza >that thru and thru was sweet - wasn't that one of the first public airings goven to that tune..?

well..it was to many people!! I remmeber reading Undercover Digest a day or two after that episode was shown and couldnt believe how many so called serious Stones fans were asking what Keith solo record this 'unheard' song was from when it was actually on the Stones last-but-one studio album!

It was great to be at MSG that pissing wet night 18 months ago to hear it played in concert for the first time ever. Keith absolutely nailed it too...and then duly followed it by ballsing up the start of "before they make me run" - a song he must have played about 200 times already....
03-18-04 09:11 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>that thru and thru was sweet - wasn't that one of the first public airings goven to that tune..?

well..it was to many people!! I remmeber reading Undercover Digest a day or two after that episode was shown and couldnt believe how many so called serious Stones fans were asking what Keith solo record this 'unheard' song was from when it was actually on the Stones last-but-one studio album!

It was great to be at MSG that pissing wet night 18 months ago to hear it played in concert for the first time ever. Keith absolutely nailed it too...and then duly followed it by ballsing up the start of "before they make me run" - a song he must have played about 200 times already....

man, you are a wealth of information. It was done during the Voodoo Lounge sessions, right? I know it is on one of the Vigotone Voodoo sets, but the first time I caught it was on the Sopranos...

I think that is cool that they debuted the sucker live, in NYC, too. Great f*cking tune!
03-18-04 09:51 PM
Gazza >It was done during the Voodoo Lounge sessions, right? I know it is on one of the Vigotone Voodoo sets, but the first time I caught it was on the Sopranos...

yes..its on the Voodoo Lounge album. I was just surprised how many folks on that digest didnt know it.
03-19-04 09:06 AM
scope
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

I think that is cool that they debuted the sucker live, in NYC, too. Great f*cking tune!

And Keith acknowledged the Sopranos and thanked them for reminding him about this song (or something to that effect - for some reason, there are some things about that night that are still a blur)
03-19-04 10:39 AM
voodoopug It was also played one time or two before the MSG show...i beleive Toronto comes to mind
03-19-04 10:48 AM
erikjjf Live debut was at MSG, Sept 26, 2002.
03-19-04 02:02 PM
glencar Keith cahnges his set a lot more than the general set gets changed.
03-19-04 02:03 PM
glencar "changes"
03-19-04 04:35 PM
Gazza >And Keith acknowledged the Sopranos and thanked them for reminding him about this song (or something to that effect - for some reason, there are some things about that night that are still a blur)

That was the HBO show at the same venue in January 2003! the "debut" was "YOTI Night" at MSG in September 2002
03-19-04 04:41 PM
scope
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>And Keith acknowledged the Sopranos and thanked them for reminding him about this song (or something to that effect - for some reason, there are some things about that night that are still a blur)

That was the HBO show at the same venue in January 2003! the "debut" was "YOTI Night" at MSG in September 2002

Oops, you're right. Well, I told you things were blurry in my head! YOTI! YOTI!
03-20-04 02:10 AM
JaggaRichards Elect Paulie Walnuts '04!!!!!!!

BEST VIEWED HIGH