ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RONNIE: DOC'S TOLD ME I'D BE DEAD IN A YEAR>> Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
03-16-04 11:31 AM
Ben Gurion
quote:
jb wrote:

Lets be honest, Ace is a much better player than Ronnie....

Mel Gibson shaves his arse.

03-16-04 11:32 AM
Zeeta Too much tom foolery...

Kiss are the biggest joke in history!
03-16-04 11:34 AM
jb I am not saying I would want Ace Freehly, but the guy is technically much better thabn ronnie...Ronnie was at his best with the faces and was decent through 78...then the drugs took their toll and it's been downhill ever since.
03-16-04 11:40 AM
Zeeta Perhaps, but don't make foolish remarks and pathetic comparisons with Kiss...
03-16-04 11:44 AM
jb
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Perhaps, but don't make foolish remarks and pathetic comparisons with Kiss...

i did not make any...
03-16-04 11:47 AM
Ben Gurion
quote:
jb wrote:

i did not make any...

I could have sworn that's all you do?

Free Martha!
03-16-04 11:53 AM
jb I was one of those who wanted Stewart to go down;I now regret those feelings as she clearly is being used as an example. Unlike the guys from Enron and Tyco, et al, she has not stolen from her shareholders and has done a lot of good with her business.
03-16-04 11:59 AM
Ben Gurion
quote:
jb wrote:
I was one of those who wanted Stewart to go down;I now regret those feelings as she clearly is being used as an example. Unlike the guys from Enron and Tyco, et al, she has not stolen from her shareholders and has done a lot of good with her business.

There's an article in the Voice about it. Go to KMart and buy Martha stuff as a show of support! Much of it's on sale too!

I liked Martha much better when I found out she was a bitch...
03-16-04 12:02 PM
jb Bill Perk
03-16-04 12:06 PM
Zeeta
quote:
jb wrote:

Lets be honest, Ace is a much better player than Ronnie....

See above...

C= 2>;*{))
03-16-04 12:10 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
jb wrote:
Bill Perk

Shaves his arse? You sure?

03-16-04 12:10 PM
jb Soap on a rope.
03-16-04 12:13 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
jb wrote:
Soap on a rope.

Martha makes a nice version made of wheat colored braided hemp, strands of terra cotta hued Egyptian cotton, and gold mesh.

Swiss buttermilk soap.

50% off
03-16-04 12:15 PM
jb They say cod fish oil is good for you too.
03-16-04 12:19 PM
SoulSurvivr
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Too much tom foolery...

Kiss are the biggest joke in history!

As a hardcore fan of both bands - I'll admit KISS is NOW a joke - putting stoolies in the Ace and Peter's make-up. Both the Stones are too. Both lead singers are fags. Keith getting too old to play - that sh!t with his fingers is crippling him (some form of arthritis?) But in their heydey - KISS could wipe the floor with the Stones. The Stones stopped kicking ass in concert after 1973 - lets be honest.
03-16-04 12:23 PM
LadyJane I will simply quote Nanky..."You are an idiot."

LJ.
03-16-04 12:25 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
SoulSurvivr wrote:
But in their heydey - KISS could wipe the floor with the Stones.

BWHAHAHAHA!!

Whoa, now I'm awake...
03-16-04 12:28 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
jb wrote:
They say cod fish oil is good for you too.

and Zyflamend
03-16-04 12:37 PM
jb
quote:
SoulSurvivr wrote:

As a hardcore fan of both bands - I'll admit KISS is NOW a joke - putting stoolies in the Ace and Peter's make-up. Both the Stones are too. Both lead singers are fags. Keith getting too old to play - that sh!t with his fingers is crippling him (some form of arthritis?) But in their heydey - KISS could wipe the floor with the Stones. The Stones stopped kicking ass in concert after 1973 - lets be honest.

Actually 81.
03-16-04 01:17 PM
Joey

2003 -- BEST STONES YET !!!!!!

Been shitting liquid all damn day .....................and you ?!?!

" I think I picked up a virus or something Ronnie ! "

JJJJJercee JJJJoe !
03-16-04 01:41 PM
MrPleasant Hi everybody, just your irregular poster.
Well... Frehley's self titled album is considered one of the top notch Kiss albums ever; the least predictable and melody packed, for sure. Wood's Slide On This is one of the -if not THE- most enjoyable solo album by a rolling stone. Mmmh.
I'm sure that most of the people in this board prefer to track down every weird, small, interesting, sold out side project by a stone than to expect a second Stanley or Simmons solo recording (sadly, the prominent forces in that other band). It's a matter of taste and Woody has/had plenty of it.
03-16-04 01:55 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Hi everybody, just your irregular poster.
Well... Frehley's self titled album is considered one of the top notch Kiss albums ever; the least predictable and melody packed, for sure. Wood's Slide On This is one of the -if not THE- most enjoyable solo album by a rolling stone. Mmmh.
I'm sure that most of the people in this board prefer to track down every weird, small, interesting, sold out side project by a stone than to expect a second Stanley or Simmons solo recording (sadly, the prominent forces in that other band). It's a matter of taste and Woody has/had plenty of it.

Honestly - I couldn't hum a KISS song if someone put a gun to my head. Where I'm from - they didn't play that crap on the good radio stations. My knowledge comes strictly from VH1 programs like "Pop Culture Shit That Won't Die Because The Idiots That Liked It Are Some Sort of Advertising Demographic".

03-16-04 02:12 PM
MrPleasant Not to betray you sister, but right now, as I'm listening to Zappa's Freak Out, I can easily remember the melody from "Back in the NY Groove" -from Ace Frehely's album. (A cover, wasn't it?...)
Give Kiss a chance? Nono (not exactly): give Wood's legacy an opportunity.
03-16-04 02:29 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Not to betray you sister, but right now, as I'm listening to Zappa's Freak Out, I can easily remember the melody from "Back in the NY Groove" -from Ace Frehely's album. (A cover, wasn't it?...)
Give Kiss a chance? Nono (not exactly): give Wood's legacy an opportunity.

Well....still don't know what you're talking about. Please try to convince me one of these buffoons created something worth giving a half glance...

Ron's legacy is in no danger.

03-16-04 02:44 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:

Well....still don't know what you're talking about. Please try to convince me one of these buffoons created something worth giving a half glance...

Ron's legacy is in no danger.

Nothing to say. We agree that Ron's legacy is in no danger, fine. Good-bye.

03-16-04 02:50 PM
MrPleasant And I'm not being sarcastic!!
03-16-04 02:51 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
And I'm not being sarcastic!!

Good.

I won!

03-16-04 02:57 PM
MrPleasant I knew you would.
03-16-04 02:58 PM
jb Mr. Jingles lives!!!!
03-16-04 03:01 PM