ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RONNIE: DOC'S TOLD ME I'D BE DEAD IN A YEAR>> Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
03-15-04 01:55 PM
SoulSurvivr Actually -
Just listen to Ronnie take a solo on Start Me Up (drunk or sober) - now THATS frightening...

I wish the guy the best. But I feel that it was the worst for both sides when he joined the band. It was bad for the Stones and bad for Woodie (He never got a chance to mature - he just became a bigger addict)

I know theres been a 1000 discussions on this board regarding this subject - but WTF - how can you say you wouldn't want MT back in the band. Any guitar player out there can attest that that Wood is a joke. EVEN ON THE LICKS TOUR.

03-15-04 01:56 PM
jb I guess Keith has had enough of covering for Ronnie...you get the impression Mick is nice to Ronnie just to piss Keith off...they all really hate each other..lol...
03-15-04 02:03 PM
LadyJane
quote:
SoulSurvivr wrote:

I know theres been a 1000 discussions on this board regarding this subject - but WTF - how can you say you wouldn't want MT back in the band. Any guitar player out there can attest that that Wood is a joke. EVEN ON THE LICKS TOUR.

Exactly...there are plenty of OTHER threads to discuss Ronnie's playing technique. This NOT one of them. This is about rallying behind the man who did not QUIT the Stones, but has been a member longer than BJ and MT combined.

The lack of respect for Ronnie Wood disgusts me!

LJ.

03-15-04 02:07 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

As does actually being drunk enough during lunch to "discuss" such things with someone with a "KISS" avatar!

Oy Hey!!!!!

03-15-04 02:08 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:

As does actually being drunk enough during lunch to "discuss" such things with someone with a "KISS" avatar!

Oy Hey!!!!!

Thank You, Dan..I mean Ben!!

LJ.
03-15-04 03:07 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Thank You, Dan..I mean Ben!!

LJ.

You are very welcome. I think I shall call Rocks Off Anonymous when I get offline...but I have DSL...IT'S ALWAYS ONLINE.....!

That red flag is flying a few feet beyond the abyss...
03-15-04 03:23 PM
Poplar
i love ronnie, and pray for his strength. i expect to see him on stage soon, and i look forward to it.

03-15-04 03:31 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

i love ronnie, and pray for his strength. i expect to see him on stage soon, and i look forward to it.

I look forward to your 1000th post
03-15-04 03:39 PM
Joey
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:

You are very welcome. I think I shall call Rocks Off Anonymous when I get offline...but I have DSL...IT'S ALWAYS ONLINE.....!

That red flag is flying a few feet beyond the abyss...

Lamby :

03-15-04 03:50 PM
Poplar
1000 is a long way off, JB!!! but 101 feels nice all the same.

03-15-04 04:27 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Joey wrote:

Lamby :

I suspect I shall once again be banned far before that event takes place, dear JOEY, THE UN CAKED......
03-15-04 05:37 PM
BILL PERKS [quote]Poplar wrote:

NOW WE ARE PRAYING FOR RONNIE.PRAYERS FOR WOODY,INDEED.
03-15-04 05:51 PM
SoulSurvivr
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Exactly...there are plenty of OTHER threads to discuss Ronnie's playing technique. This NOT one of them. This is about rallying behind the man who did not QUIT the Stones, but has been a member longer than BJ and MT combined.

LJ.

Calm down hun - I'm not dis-respecting him. I'm just telling like it is. Some people can't handle the truth. I think the best thing the guy could do is retire from the band.
1. He should have PLENTY of money.
2. The temptations of the road (AKA KEITH) are too much for him.
3. IMO - The Stones are better off without him.
[Edited by SoulSurvivr]
03-15-04 05:55 PM
SoulSurvivr
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:

Oy Hey!!!!!

Whatever - go on and kiss LJ's ass u pansy
I wrote what I felt without dissing anyone. Wood sucks as a player - ITS FACT. I think he's a good person. He always comes off very honest. But - the Stones would be better off without him.
03-15-04 06:11 PM
LadyJane
quote:
SoulSurvivr wrote:
Calm down hun - I'm not dis-respecting him. I'm just telling like it is. Some people can't handle the truth.

Listen, sweets, you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

LJ.

PS. Your condescending tone is not appreciated.
03-15-04 07:04 PM
Poplar
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIT!!!!!

LJ's gonna grab her Tele and go up-side the head, Keef style.
03-15-04 07:45 PM
LadyJane LMAO, Poplar!!

Thanks for the compliment!

My Irish temper can get the best of me at times!!

LJ.
03-15-04 07:54 PM
Poplar
a little temper is very healthy.
that keith bit with the guitar chop is what sold me on his being the coolest rocker of all time.

03-16-04 03:20 AM
Navin Where are you SavageYoungXyzzy....
03-16-04 03:50 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
SoulSurvivr wrote:
Actually -
Just listen to Ronnie take a solo on Start Me Up (drunk or sober) - now THATS frightening...

A matter of personal taste! Lots of people here love Ronnie's guitar work -- when he's sober enough to know what his fingers are doing, of course...

So, the news that he's taking his alcohol problem seriously and intends to get better with the help of family and friends are very encouraging. Also the bit about Mick being supportive to him. He'll need all the help in this battle. And the exemple of Mick can show for instance that you can go to parties, have fun and enjoy life but refrain from drinking, smoking and taking drugs.
03-16-04 04:46 AM
UGot2Rollme Hey Soul Survivor,
Do you think Ass Feely is a better guitar player that our beloved Ronnie?
03-16-04 07:55 AM
Taptrick Saying someone "sucks" or someone is great or fantastic is axiomatically opinion not fact.
03-16-04 10:37 AM
SoulSurvivr
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Hey Soul Survivor,
Do you think Ass Feely is a better guitar player that our beloved Ronnie?

Are you serious? Ace blows Wood away. Again - I'm not trying to start trouble. But Wood is NOT RESPECTED by anyone in the industry (besides some sheep on this board) He's a friggin' horror.

PLUS - I honestly believe that any potential he has/had is totally stifled while he is in the Stones.
03-16-04 10:45 AM
nankerphelge You are an idiot!
03-16-04 11:01 AM
jb
quote:
SoulSurvivr wrote:

Are you serious? Ace blows Wood away. Again - I'm not trying to start trouble. But Wood is NOT RESPECTED by anyone in the industry (besides some sheep on this board) He's a friggin' horror.

PLUS - I honestly believe that any potential he has/had is totally stifled while he is in the Stones.

You are absolutely correct.
03-16-04 11:14 AM
caro
quote:
jb wrote:
You are absolutely correct.

I'll never get sick of it
03-16-04 11:18 AM
jb
quote:
caro wrote:
I'll never get sick of it

Mel Gibson is an evil man.
03-16-04 11:20 AM
caro That too!
03-16-04 11:21 AM
Ben Gurion
quote:
SoulSurvivr wrote:

Please tell us a little about yourself. This should be good...

03-16-04 11:26 AM
jb
quote:
Ben Gurion wrote:

Please tell us a little about yourself. This should be good...

Lets be honest, Ace is a much better player than Ronnie....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BEST VIEWED HIGH