ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Handsome Girls Return to archive
03-13-04 10:58 PM
violentkind I have an extra copy of Handsome Girls,
I will give to the second different poster to this thread.??
03-13-04 11:33 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
violentkind wrote:
I have an extra copy of Handsome Girls,
I will give to the second different poster to this thread.??

If I understand your offer, it means someone (like me) has to post and thereby opens the opportunity for the next poster to receive the copy of Handsome Girls. If that's the case, I'm more than happy to hit the 'start' button so someone else can receive your generous offer.
03-13-04 11:39 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox ill take it then
03-14-04 12:17 AM
violentkind HardKnoxDirtySox PM me your address.
03-17-04 05:32 AM
JumpingKentFlash DAMN!!!!!!!!! I wanted that so bad. I heard that it's really cool.

Phuck!!!!!
03-17-04 11:41 AM
Gimme Shelter Anyone willing to burn me a copy? I've got some stuff to trade.
03-17-04 11:49 AM
jb HG is the last great Stones boot...it is a must for any fan. I want to thank Dutch Rik for sending me all 4 discs with nice art work....My favorite tunes include ADTL, Let it Rock, Happy, Just my Imagination, BOB, WTWCD, Far away eyes, and Respectable...
03-17-04 11:53 AM
Joey " I have an extra copy of Handsome Girls,
I will give to the second different poster to this thread.?? "

IMHO , HG is the last great Stones boot...it is a must for any fan....My favorite tunes include ADTL, Let it Rock, Happy, Just my Imagination, BOB, WTWCD, Far away eyes, and Respectable .

Jacky Cakes !

03-17-04 07:46 PM
justforyou Also from the '78 tour, 'Lacerated At The Coctail Party' has a version of Respectable with this flanged 2nd guitar in the intro, oh my! The small details...

03-17-04 09:37 PM
Fiji Joe Gimme Shelter...PM me and I'll see if I can help
03-17-04 10:09 PM
fmk438j greatest JJF ever
03-18-04 10:53 PM
kahoosier I love Handsome Girls, but keep reading about the remake, Gorgeous Girls Redux. Can anyomne help me get a copy? E-mail me please at [email protected].
03-19-04 08:03 AM
Zeeta
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
greatest JJF ever

GIVEN! It's mint!

Also great version of Whip!

PLUS:

If the band look tired, its cos we spent all night fuckin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a Balcony!)?!??!

AND best bit Jagger completely fucking up Sweet Little Sixteen at Houston but THEN pulling it back, just!
03-19-04 09:02 AM
glencar Is Handsome Girls a best-of the 1978 tour?
03-19-04 09:43 AM
Factory Girl Hey Gimme, you have any AIC???
03-19-04 03:35 PM
Gimme Shelter Nothing on cd, however I do have some Jerry Cantrell pics from a gig he did here in Sacramento about a year ago.
03-19-04 03:39 PM
Factory Girl Hey Gimme Shelter, how was Jerry's show?
I think he needs to get another singer and regroup. JC is a very talented musician, but his (singing) voice is not match for Layne's. Although, they did wonderful harmonies.
03-19-04 04:17 PM
Gimme Shelter Jerry Cantrell was good. I've seen him twice live. Never did get to see AIC unfortunately. The show last year was cool, but after just a few songs, Jerry got pissed at security and walked offstage.
03-19-04 04:31 PM
Factory Girl I saw AIC open for Iggy Pop. It was when they were just starting out.
03-19-04 04:34 PM
Gimme Shelter That must have been a hell of a show.
03-19-04 05:16 PM
Factory Girl Yes, it was a hell of a show. The infamous Hammerjacks in Baltimore, MD.

I remember that all of AIC wore plaid shirts. They were like Monkees on smack!
03-19-04 06:28 PM
Gimme Shelter I lived in Washington (state) for four years and a friend of mine from up there used to race cars with Layne Stanley.
03-20-04 03:21 PM
Factory Girl Gimme Shelter, what was Layne like (according to your buddy)???

From what I read, he strikes me as someone who underestimated his greatness and influence (as a singer).
03-20-04 10:36 PM
Gimme Shelter If I remeber right, my friend just said he was a cool dude to race with. I remember my friend having pics of Layne in his race car and he was just laughing. I don't think they were really close friends, just two guys who had a commom interest in racing.
03-21-04 01:37 PM
Factory Girl Layne is one of my favorite singers. He had a very versatile voice. His voice could be very powerful & menacing (Them Bones), or melodic & elegant (Nutsell).

Btw, check out Mad Season's cd "Above", it has Layne on Vocals. Its great, and has mellow jazzy bluesy vibe.
03-21-04 01:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Handsome Girls a best-of the 1978 tour?

handsome girls is (one of?) the Ft. Worth show recorded for (I believe), King Biscuit, which is also the outfit that was producing a radio show made from the live Europe 73 stuff - that's where the quality stuff from that tour comes from...

anyway, it is 4 discs. in addition to the ft worth show, there are bonus cuts from other shows on the tour, some remastered live tracks, etc...

I'll dig up some coverart for ya...

[Edited by mac_daddy]

BEST VIEWED HIGH