ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RIP Matt Mulcahy aka Riffhard64
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pleased to meet You (Putland) Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-12-04 11:20 AM
mac_daddy has anybody seen this thing..?

My wife gave it to me for my birthday yesterday, and it is absolutely gorgeous! I am almost afraid to touch the thing

http://www.genesis-publications.com/books/put/index.html
02-12-04 11:22 AM
glencar Very nice gift!
02-12-04 11:30 AM
throbby Yes mac_daddy, a very beautiful book indeed. One that I treasure. Genesis produces some incredible books. Have you seen "Exile"?
02-12-04 11:33 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
throbby wrote:
Yes mac_daddy, a very beautiful book indeed. One that I treasure. Genesis produces some incredible books. Have you seen "Exile"?

not in person...

there was one that was posted for sale here months ago, but by the time I had rec'd the OK from my wife to buy it, it was already sold...
02-12-04 11:42 AM
throbby If you see one again, grab it. A truly incredible book with some great insights.
02-12-04 11:47 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
throbby wrote:
If you see one again, grab it. A truly incredible book with some great insights.

I intend to, and I already have an order placed with two used book dealers, so if they come across it, they will give me first dibs...

for now, however, I am in awe with my new gift. The pictures in this book (pleased to meet you) are stunning. I have to be careful not to drool on the pages...

f*cking awesome!!!
02-13-04 12:34 AM
mac_daddy so, check out p. 92 - what is with that sh*t around Keith's neck..?
02-13-04 12:36 AM
parmeda Great gift!
Happy Belated Birthday
02-13-04 12:43 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I don't have that book but when Fernando Aceves showed it to me I was trying to convince him to lend it to me for some days but I didn't dare... that kind of books can't be used to scan images even for headers to be seen by thousands.

Can't afford the entire Genesis collection, but that's one of the best books I have seen
02-13-04 07:14 AM
throbby mac_daddy wrote:
so, check out p. 92 - what is with that sh*t around Keith's neck..?

You know, I was wondering about that myself. I'd say it's just Keith being Keith. I think Anita may have had something to do with that. Ever seen the picture of her with Brian in full nazi uniform?
02-13-04 11:07 AM
mac_daddy thank you, parmeda.

yeah, voodoo, I will not be breaking the binding of this one to scan pics on a flat scanner. The only book I have that is falling apart is the Liebowitz/Southern book of the 75 tour. I am treating this Putland book with kid gloves...

Genesis makes some nice stuff - the Who Live and Dylan/Woodstock books look mighty tempting, but I haven't won the lottery this week, yet...

Throbby, yes I have seen that pic of Anita and Brian. That was obviously staged, so it didnt really bug me. I was, however, taken aback by the shot on p.92 because that looks like he was wearing that shit all the time, and to the best of my knowledge, he ain't like that (I would like to think so anyway). I know he is a big WWII buff, but that still ain't an excuse. Weird...
02-13-04 11:32 AM
parmeda Hey Mac...do you have a good digital camera? Try taking photos of the photos...don't ruin the binding!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Send those off to Voo to do his magic.

And, you're welcome
Hope you had a good day...
02-13-04 11:35 AM
mac_daddy not yet, but I have preordered the Leica digilux - it should arrive sometime in the next few months (I think it goes on sale in April)...

I will try to snag a friend's camera for some shots in the meantime. Great idea, Parmeda. Thanks.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-13-04 11:57 AM
parmeda Yeah!...get some shots
02-13-04 12:24 PM
throbby Yes Parmeda! Thanks for the idea!

Here is part of the page mac_daddy is referring to.

from Pleased To Meet You, photo by Michael Putland
02-13-04 12:28 PM
mac_daddy it is the necklace that I am referring to - thanks, Throbby.

man this book is the bee's knees (or dog's balls, as Gazza is fond of saying ) I cannot take my eyes off of it!!!
02-13-04 12:47 PM
LadyJane This is driving me CRAZY!!

For some reason...NOTHING throbby posts..links or pics...will display here at the office.

Happy belated b-day mac_daddy. What a great gift!!!

LJ.
02-13-04 01:03 PM
caro I have at least two more pics where he's wearing that. I suppose it' more a way of saying "f**k you if you don't understand what I mean when I wear that". But yes, it still bugs me.
[Edited by caro]
02-13-04 01:55 PM
parmeda LadyJ...you need to hurry on home then...or get a different job, lol

Throbby...keep them coming!
02-13-04 02:27 PM
mac_daddy well, I just spent more time then I should have, perusing the book, and I only got a third of the way through....

hey Throbby, who is the horn player on p. 58? that is another great one...

a few more thoughts...

pp. 68 - 9 is a fantastic shot of the Glimmer Twins...

that spread from pp. 74-7 is something else. Wow!!
____

Thanks for the thoughts, LadyJ

[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-14-04 10:41 PM
throbby Hey mac_daddy! I don't know who the horn player is in that shot. Does anyone know who played sax with the Stones on the '73 European tour?

This shot from '78 taken not to very far from where I grew up in New York.

Michael Putland
02-14-04 10:49 PM
throbby I just had a look in my Felix Aeppli book. Bobby Keys played sax on all but the final show of the tour. Trevor Lawrence was the other sax player the Stones used during the tour. This book says he played in a few of the shows. So I guess that would be Trevor in the picture.
02-15-04 11:21 AM
mac_daddy Throbby, thanks for the info...

I am going to get a small, cheap-o digicamera today or tomorrow, specifically to post pics from this gorgeous book in this thread...

you know, throbby, I was thinking... do you have a photo editor..? we should probably write "rocks off" on the pics we post. what do you think..?
02-15-04 12:40 PM
throbby Keith with his Boogie

Michael Putland
[Edited by throbby]
02-15-04 12:54 PM
throbby Hey mac_daddy! I'm not quite sure how to write Rocks Off on the photos.

Voodoo, if you can please do.
02-15-04 06:39 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey mac_daddy! I'm not quite sure how to write Rocks Off on the photos.

Voodoo, if you can please do.

you use a photo editor...

window$ has got to have something installed by default that will do this, I just dont know what it is (I gave up on M$ after windows 98). I use hypersnap (it is a good screen capture proggie, too)...

Voodoo would have to download your pic, alter it, and then either email it to you to post, or post it himself...

I hope this helps.
02-17-04 10:42 AM
Factory Girl Happy Belated Birthday, maccy!
02-22-04 06:19 PM
mac_daddy a belated "thank you" to you, FG
02-23-04 04:39 AM
Mathijs That's an encredible picture! Not the Boogie Mark I is rare, but the Newman Jones "Keith Richards" guitar is rare -I only have one picture of Keith playing a NJ guitar (on a New Barbarians concert).

Mathijs
02-23-04 06:04 PM
mac_daddy from Michael Putland's site...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH