ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1978 - Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: instant Stones live CDs a la Pearl jam??!! Return to archive
03-23-03 08:30 PM
stoneslib
Sunday Herald Sun(Melbourne)
March 23, 2003 Sunday

Big guns allow instant CDs

by PAUL STEWART

MUSIC fans will be able to buy CDs of pop and rock concerts almost as soon as the last song has been sung after some of the world's top artists agreed to instant concert recording.

Following the lead of US grunge act Pearl Jam, Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones are to sign deals to produce instant recordings.

The world's largest live music promoter, Clear Channel Entertainment, said the technology for the instant CDs was still in the "developmental phase", but added: "We are working with artists and songwriters to provide the program at select events in the next 12 months."

New technology allows for a copy of the concert coming straight off the band's mixing desk.

This is then rushed to a section of the venue where a bank of CD burners pump out the new product.

Sony Record Australia's marketing manager Karen Tinman said: "I think these bootleg CDs are great for fans. They can be made a lot cheaper and with a much higher sound quality.

"I do not think it takes away from official album sales, but only adds to the excitement surrounding an act. It gives fans a chance to relive the show."
03-23-03 08:39 PM
throbby Now this is cool!
03-24-03 12:39 AM
Gimme Shelter Oh,I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for the credit cards and money out of my savings again. I wonder if all the shows so far on this tour will be available.
03-24-03 02:28 AM
Sir Stonesalot Don't hold your breath about every show coming out...or coming out in vast quantities.

Pearl Jam sold their "Official Bootlegs" for $10.99 a pop. The Who sold their "Official Bootlegs" for $30.00 a pop. Look for Macca & the Stones to charge even more than that...$50.00 a gig would not surprise me. I hope I'm wrong.

This is not a good thing. It's an excuse for the Stones to crack down on us boot traders. Kiss tree's goodbye. You run a tree of an "Official Bootleg" show, and they can nail you for putting out "counterfeit" or "pirate" copies of officially released material. Hell, they could nail you for treeing ANY show since it could take away business from the "Official Bootlegs". It will certainly force us underground. We won't be able to talk and trade openly any longer.

The best that we can hope for is that the Stones make the discs affordable....but their track record isn't all that great in that respect.
03-24-03 06:29 AM
padre Sounds too good to be true. The top price should be 10 bucks. Not that it will happen...
03-24-03 08:27 AM
Ctiger2 The positives =

Better sound quality

The negatives =

$$Much Higher Cost$$
No more 'legal' bootleg trading
Clear Channel (ie. Satan)

03-24-03 10:48 AM
T&A SSA:

I understand your concern, but if this is true, it is fantastic news - and I highly doubt the Stones will price themselves out of the market. They've been having problems selling live product anyway, so it wouldn't make sense to sell them at a price nobody's interested in.

Also, the Stones themselves aren't the problem in the bootleg crackdown - the feds are. So, I don't foresee any effect there.

03-24-03 11:28 AM
Madafaka Hurry up guys, let's trade!
Anyway, I'll find the way to trade boots. I can't imagine my life without that!

[Edited by Madafaka]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST