ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1978 - Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DIRTY WORK/fantasy TOUR...Opening night reviews!!!!!! Return to archive
03-23-03 07:04 PM
MrGlimmerTwin Dublin,Ireland,1986.

The rolling stones,following the slightly disappointing reviews and sales of their "dirty Work" opus,kicked off the "dirty Workers" tour tonight before a selll out(and possible drugged out) audience in dublin.
Just after 9p.m.,the Human Riff appeared stage front,knocking out the tasty chords of "One Hit",also the album opener.Followed on stage by the dartford Knife grinder himself,Jagger,dressed in black.if the album failed to set the worlds charts on fire,they showed that as a live act,they're still firing on all cylinders. "One hit" was followed by "Tubling dice" "Luxury" and,quite a surprise,their very first single ,"Come on". Legs and arms flailing,mr.Richards rocked an' rolled his way through "Fight",also from the new album,and a rip-roaring version of Undercover's "She was hot".
"Allo dublin" said mick,in classic mid-atlantic drawl,beginning the "romantic set"."Winter" made it's live debut,with much smiling from the band at pulling off a beautiful version.Ronnie Wood relished wrenching the lead breaks from his bluesy guitar."Waiting On A Friend","Worried about you" and "Ruby Tuesday" followed.
Chain-smoking Lord Richards took centre stage for ,surprisingly,both of his cuts form the new album,"Sleep Tonight" and "Too Rude".Maybe 'twas opening night experimentation,but keith got to perform "before they make me run" also. With Jagger back ,the band reeled off some of their old classics,beginning the almost-forgotten "Miss Amanda Jones","Brown Sugar" and "connection". "Winning Ugly" proved to be more viable as a live number,as it sounded vital and rocking tonight.
To end this electric opening night set,the stones offered the one-two punch of "Rip this joint",and a riffing,crushing "Jumping Jack flash",to prove that,like wine,maybe the stones do get better with age.
Roll on the "Dirty worker" tour..
03-23-03 09:44 PM
TracyGene What?No Back To Zero? I was waiting all night for that one!
03-24-03 12:35 AM
Gimme Shelter Very cool!!!!
03-24-03 01:01 AM
Gimme Shelter Proposed Setlist For This Tour:

1. Paint It Black
2. Bitch
3. One Hit To the Body
4. Fight
5. Tumbling Dice
6. She Was Hot
7. Emotional Rescue
8. You Gotta Move
9. Harlem Shuffle
10. Slave
11. Lady Jane
12. You Can't Always Get What You Want
13. Too Rude
14. Wanna Hold You
15. Start Me Up
16. Undercover Of the Night
17. Mother's Little Helper
18. Fingerprint File
19. All Down the Line
20. Sympathy For the Devil
21. Shattered
22. Honky Tonk Women
23. Brown Sugar
24. Jumpin' Jack Flash
03-24-03 09:13 AM
Maxlugar I weep for the tour that never was.
03-25-03 05:45 PM
Joey If the band had toured in support of that abysmal disc , there would be no Stones today !

PERIOD !!!!!!!!!

Just look at what happened to " Wings " after they toured in support of " Back to the EGG "

Oh , the horror ....................................

The Horror .........................................

Stones !

JERKY BOY !
03-25-03 09:36 PM
corgi37 Joey, i am with you all the way. They hated each other so much at that time, shit Mick even hated being a Stone, that they would have broken up half way through any tour. sort of like how the Police will go if they re-unite. Gotta say though, that the set list looks kinda cool. But of course, you just know that Winning Ugly would be the main show stopper. NOTE: Yes, i am fucking joking. You know, the more i think of that song, the more i feel like buying that cd just for the pleasure of using it as a beer coaster. But, i gotta add, One Hit is probably their finest single since start me up. SHould have been the 1st single too. And, though i think its just a so-so song, the 12inch of Harlem Shuffle is brilliant. I love the London mix.
03-26-03 09:33 AM
Joey " You know, the more i think of that song, the more i feel like buying that cd just for the pleasure of using it as a beer coaster "

Corgi28 , I would like to clutch you to my bosom and tickle you with my erect nipples .

JERKY BOY !
03-26-03 09:46 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Joey wrote:
Just look at what happened to " Wings " after they toured in support of " Back to the EGG "

What "Back To The Egg" tour? Don't you mean the "Japanese Jailbird" tour? Or perhaps the "Chiba Catastrophe" tour? Perhaps the "Hidden Herb" engagement at the Customs booth in Tokyo? I remember that one very well!

See, you and McCartney would get along OK... you could give him a tip or two on how not to get busted, like "Rule One: Do NOT put your Chiba on top of everything else before closing your suitcase."

-tSYX --- Say you don't love him, my salamander...
03-26-03 10:02 AM
Joey " See, you and McCartney would get along OK... "

Damn Straight we would ....MACCA and I are tight . Ok , not nearly as tight as Petey and Maxy , but ......Well , YOU get the picture .

Developing ....................

Shiver ..........................

TsYx ......................You are precious .

I would like to nuzzle you !

JOESY !
03-26-03 03:19 PM
voodoopug might as well get my 2 cents in for my fantasy 86 tour set list.

1. The Last Time
2. Fight
3. IORR
4. Undercover
5. Harlem Shuffle
6. Tumbling Dice
7. Winter
8. Hey Negrita
9. Back to Zero
10. Down in the Hole
11. Tops
12. HTW
13. Happy
14. Sleep Tonite
15. Around and Around
16. Sympathy
17. One Hit
18. Too Much Blood
19. When the Whip comes down
20. Dance Little Sister
21. Brown Sugar
22. Jumping Jack Flash
23. Satisfaction
24. Start Me Up (encore)
03-26-03 06:28 PM
Saint Sway best thread ever!

Dirty Work deserved a fucking tour! Cant begin to tell you how much praying I did when that album came out for a tour.

I remember Keef saying how the Dirty Work songs were created to be played live. Had It With You, Dirty Work, Fight, One Hit... all were made for the Stones stage

at least we know that Keith tried everything he could to do a tour that year. But that damn, prick Jagger...
03-26-03 09:47 PM
BILL PERKS OH YEAH!THEY COULD HAVE PLAYED STU'S OUTRO ON A LOOP AFTER THE SHOW AS THE PUNTERS DEPART.THE BELIEVERS IN THE MAGIC OF DIRTY WORK ARE SALUTED,THE NONBELIEVERS SHOULD LISTEN AGAIN-LOUD.
03-26-03 11:51 PM
Gimme Shelter "Dirty Work" was the last record I bought, after that I started my CD collection.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST