ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1978 - Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ron Wood 1,2,3,4 Return to archive
03-22-03 04:16 PM
Jair Motta Can anyone post the tracklisting for 1,2,3,4, Ron Woodsy album? I will try find them by Kazaa.

I�m mistaked or this album never has been releases in CD? Does anybody knows why
03-22-03 05:53 PM
sirfito It was released on cd.
Castle also released it later in a special double cd-set with Gimme Some Neck.
Later i will send you the track list, if you want it.
You can check some info in allmusic.com
Best,
Fito
03-22-03 06:03 PM
Jair Motta Hey there, thanks. I�ve check that web site and find the tracklisting
03-22-03 08:54 PM
Soldatti If you want to know the album was the last hit of Ronnie as solo peaking at #164 in the Billboard 200 with 4 weeks on chart.
03-22-03 09:45 PM
J.J.Flash Hey Jair, Damn, check your PM. Por gentileza!
Take care!
03-22-03 11:42 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Probably the weakest of Ronnie's solo albums, although none of them are really terrible, unlike some Stones albums I could mention (*cawf* Dirty Work *cawf*). The tracklist is thusly, with much thanks to T&A for sending it to me originally, and for woodywoodpecker for sending it to him.

1) 1234
2) Fountain Of Love
3) Outlaws
4) Red Eyes
5) Wind Howlin' Through
6) Priceless
7) She Was Out There
8) Down To The Ground
9) She Never Told Me

Good luck findin' it on Kazaa. I've tried, believe me, never found it.

-tSYX --- Don' gimme that ol', don' gimme that ol', don' gimme that ol, 1-2-3-4...
03-23-03 09:44 AM
sirfito You are welcome, Jair.
Best,
Fito
03-23-03 12:36 PM
T&A Savage:

I couldn't agree with you any less. 1234 is Ronnie's strongest album, IMO. Wonderful combination of soulful tunes and rockers. Charlie's there on a couple of tracks that are particularly Stonesy. Outlaws (THE best non-Stones Chuck Berry rocker any of the boys have done), Redeyes, Fountain of Love...hell, all of them. Wonderful album. His best. Superb playing; superb songs.

Aside from the long OOP two-fer mentioned above, the album was also released as a single disc in Japan several years ago. You can find both from time to time on Ebay - expect to pay at least $30 - more than worth it if you ask me.

03-23-03 05:51 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
T&A wrote:
Savage:

I couldn't agree with you any less. 1234 is Ronnie's strongest album, IMO. Wonderful combination of soulful tunes and rockers. Charlie's there on a couple of tracks that are particularly Stonesy. Outlaws (THE best non-Stones Chuck Berry rocker any of the boys have done), Redeyes, Fountain of Love...hell, all of them. Wonderful album. His best. Superb playing; superb songs.

"Outlaws" is indeed an awesome number. As is "1234". As are, to a lesser extent, "She Was Out There" and "She Never Told Me". But the production, while a little better than Gimme Some Neck, still is terrible, muting the guitars far too much. Ronnie needs room to snarl! That's what makes I've Got My Own Album To Do so awesome!

I really don't like "Fountain Of Love", that's Ronnie's way of selling out to the 80s, and while it's nowhere near as bad as any other artist of the era, it still ain't great.

I do think that it's Ronnie's weakest album. But when you consider that Ronnie's never really released a bad album... and certainly has never stooped to the level of his former bandmate/songwriting partner who-shall-remain-nameless. Ronnie's worst is a lot of other people's best.

-tSYX --- la la la la laaaaa, la la la la la la...
03-23-03 06:55 PM
T&A Ronnie's worst is a lot of other people's best.

Amen, to that Savage. I just say 1234 is a very fun album. It got overlooked because of Tattoo You, but it has stood the test of time very well, IMO. Doesn't sound as "dated" as his first two albums (both of which I still love).
03-24-03 03:18 PM
jb No.
03-24-03 08:10 PM
Jair Motta snuffin too much there
03-24-03 10:10 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
No.

So it *was* you!

-tSYX --- no
03-26-03 12:46 AM