ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1978 - Lynn Goldsmith
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RUNNING OUT OF LUCK:The movie Any good?? Return to archive
03-19-03 06:44 PM
SaintGar I don't 'ave a clue about this movie.Of course I know it exists,but beyond that,nothing. Anyone have a view on it? Is it good,bad,indifferent,a classic 5-star movie??? I should mention first that I think the "she's the boss" album is fairly okay.
03-19-03 07:03 PM
glencar While I thought half of "She's The Boss" was good, the movie is pretty choppy. I haven't seen it in 10 years or more though.
03-19-03 09:49 PM
no_cole_porter The film is very strange. There is one cute part where Mick is stranded in South America and mimes to Brown Sugar which is "apparently on" Through The Past, Darkly. He doesn't convince this old latin couple he's really Mick Jagger. I got my copy last year quite cheap. If you can get it, it's sorta fun.
03-19-03 10:36 PM
Gimme Shelter I've got a video of it. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Dennis Hoppers in it as well.
03-19-03 11:09 PM
steel driving hammer I thought it was twice as good than Pearl Harbor w/ Ben Aflick.

03-19-03 11:25 PM
howlinrock I just watched this (after ten years) last week. I found it quite entertaining, especially the part where Mick is lost and needs to use a telephone, so he does an impression of himself to some local natives who don't recognize him. (His real life nightmare?) He mimics himself to a record playing Brown Sugar and JJF. This is very funny! Jerry Hall plays a bitch and as usual Dennis Hopper is a hoot. The sound track (Who's the Boss) has held up well over the years. (Especially Jeff Beck's guitar) I've been playing the CD ever sense. For the most part Mick plays himself, somewhat over stated. This is a very dated piece of over blown MTV rock video history directed by Julian Temple. Again It�s only Rock And Roll but I like it.
03-19-03 11:43 PM
steel wls Jeri Hall looks good in it. It's good. I see it a lot on Ebay.
03-20-03 06:37 AM
woodywoodpecker I like it, any mick fan would like it also.
Quite Funny & entertaining

03-20-03 08:02 AM
luxury1 Yes--any Mick fan would love it. It is VERY campy, and quite funny. Chicks--Mick wears dirty tight sweatpants in one scene in prison. And another scene I enjoyed--Mick in bed with Rae Dawn Chong--you get to witness some of his "style." I rewound that part a few times.
03-20-03 08:17 AM
LadyJane What time does Blockbuster open??

I'm outta here...........

LadyJ.
03-20-03 08:46 AM
luxury1 Lady Jane--you have never seen it? I can get a VHS copy to you somehow --if I can find a place that will copy it for me. Do you have those capabilities???
03-20-03 08:56 AM
montana oh yeah! it's really funny! I saw it yesterday for the first time, a friend of mine sent it to me, i got it yesterday and didnt waste more time and played it! LOL.
also i agree with you all about that scene in which mick needs to use the phone, LOL

lour
03-20-03 09:05 AM
LadyJane Lux--check your PM

LadyJ.
03-20-03 12:08 PM
icydanger yes, real life stuff
unrecognized and far from home.
03-20-03 01:01 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Yes--any Mick fan would love it. It is VERY campy, and quite funny. Chicks--Mick wears dirty tight sweatpants in one scene in prison. And another scene I enjoyed--Mick in bed with Rae Dawn Chong--you get to witness some of his "style." I rewound that part a few times.

This is so strange -- I just got a copy of this video at Smiley's Flea Market last weekend. I hadn't seen it in 12 years, and it was far less annoying than I remember it being. Mick's scene with Rae Dawn Chong is definitely a highlight - naked Rae Dawn Chong makes this at least the equivalent of Quest for Fire. MUCH better than Being Mick, if that's the standard we're using. . .

03-20-03 01:04 PM
Monkey Woman It's a lightweight but really funny video starring Mick Jagger as himself (well, sort of...) plus Jerry Hall (she has some great scenes ), Dennis Hopper as a pretentious director and Rae Dawn Chong as a friendly hot babe.
The story, written by Mick and Julian Temple (who also directs) serves as a sort of loose link between music videos of the songs on Mick's 1st solo album 'She's The Boss'. It's totally incredible and cheesy (Mick kidnapped and used as a sex-slave by a bossy female plantation owner... ROTFLMAO!) but the play on the real-life fears and fantasies of a rock star gives it a weird sort of edge. And, it features a powerful soundtrack (of course) and some great performances by the cast who were obviously having a lot of fun. All in all, a must for every Mick fan!
03-20-03 02:39 PM
Honky Tonker The scene with Rae Dawn Chong is pretty good! If you liked "She's The Boss", you'll like it.
03-21-03 01:59 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I've got a video of it. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Dennis Hoppers in it as well.

Hopper shpuld have played it like his character in 'Blue Velvet'.
03-22-03 05:22 PM
jean-pierre M ..very interesting for Mick's fans....and good music.....
.....I like it.............
03-23-03 12:31 PM
FPM C10 Well, as usual on this board I must present a dissenting opinion. "Running Out of Luck" is the biggest head-scratcher of Mick's career. What the FUCK was he thinking?

I suppose it fits right into the whole Super Blow thing for horny women who want to see Mick's butt or whatever. But I've always viewed it as a huge embarrassment, the product of a huge ego which had no one (eg Keith) to tell him when he was full of shit.

The absolute nadir of Mick's career. IMHO. But then again I think war's bad. So perhaps we can distribute copies of it to the grateful democratized masses of Iraq.
03-23-03 01:13 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

The absolute nadir of Mick's career. IMHO. But then again I think war's bad. So perhaps we can distribute copies of it to the grateful democratized masses of Iraq.

No no no no! Being Mick is INFINTELY worse! I'm convinced that Being Mick makes Running Out of Luck look like Charlie Is My Darling.
03-23-03 02:36 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Nasty Habit wrote:
No no no no! Being Mick is INFINTELY worse! I'm convinced that Being Mick makes Running Out of Luck look like Charlie Is My Darling.

ROTFLMAO! Nasty, you crack me up!
Seriously, this vid is for the Mick-addict, not the Keithaholic! Don't lose time and money to chase it if you feel embarrassed by the Mickster's solo endeavours!

If OTOH you find them tasty, do'nt pass on 'Running Out Of Luck', it's the perfect complement to 'She's The Boss'.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST