ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Slane Golden Circle ? Return to archive
26th March 2007 06:58 AM
Stray Cat UK I've just been looking at ticketmaster site and besides the "seating plan" there is no reference to the Golden Circle.What gives ?
26th March 2007 07:16 AM
Flairville It's got me beaten too Dave, there's Gold Circle on the Seating Chart and the price of 116.50 is listed too but they are not available in either presale. I don't get it. Ben.
26th March 2007 07:27 AM
Stray Cat UK The usual nerve shredding panic. I'm bloody sick of it to be honest. Maybe I will do another Cardiff !

WHEN IS A GOLDEN CIRCLE NOT A GOLDEN CIRCLE ?................................................................WHEN THEY HAVE SHIT TIERS TO SELL 1ST. IMHO

sc uk grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

26th March 2007 07:31 AM
Stray Cat UK Ben,Do you mean that the 116 Euro tickets are definitely the golden circle .I wasn't aware of that.A bit of a risk to buy blind though.I can only imagine what a nightmare the dome will be !
26th March 2007 07:35 AM
Flairville It's listed on IORR that the Gold Circle are the 116.50 Euro tickets, it makes sense too as they are the only ones not available. If there's Gold Circle I'm sure we'll get them eventually. I feel sorry for anyone who used a code to get GA. You won't be doing a Cardiff mate!
26th March 2007 07:50 AM
albert Thanx for this information. I was puzzled also.
I will be buying my tickets through public sale next friday and couldn't figure out which ticketprice was ment to be for the Golden Circle tickets.
I sent an e-mail to Ticketmaster.ie Maybe they'll respond?

gr,
Albert
Holland

26th March 2007 08:38 AM
nasalwizard I bought a another membership so i could get the golden circle tickets today, im livid...it looks like they are selling the shit tickets first !!!
26th March 2007 08:49 AM
LadyJane And Michael Cohl, once again, sits back laughing.
Bastard.

LJ.
26th March 2007 09:27 AM
Flairville Stonesjohn just posted this at Shidoobee;
I scored 4 with my legacy platinum this morning at 4 am- everyone should know that it is local europe time not us that is being used-
tickets for gold circle A- keith's side were 115 euro- after taxes it was 165american each- still better than the states by far even if there will be pushing and shoving to get real close
who is organizing the pre-party?
any thoughts on hotels and beds and breakfasts
let's use this thread to share info

There must have only been a few on sale to have gone that quickly?
26th March 2007 09:34 AM
nasalwizard Bugger i have been trying since 11am this morning and i have had no luck, if that is true there must have been only a few golden circle tickets available, i have lost £50 as i only bought a membershit to get the golden tickets and it looks like i will have try to my luck on friday 50 quid down..Cohl is a ...........
26th March 2007 09:44 AM
nasalwizard I have just scored 2 golden circle tickets KEEFs side !! I have been trying all bloody morning !!!!!
26th March 2007 10:07 AM
oldkr golden circle are always good!

As for the order of the drop - surely we're all experienced enough to know that ticketmaster gets the shit seats first THEN the kicked back good seats.

oh!- and who/what are the special guests?

OLDKR

[Edited by oldkr]
26th March 2007 10:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
golden circle are always good!

As for the order of the drop - surely we're all experienced enough to know that ticketmaster gets the shit seats first THEN the kicked back good seats.

what? Four hours later? Not usually.

Cant expect people in Europe to know all that. After all, we dont get that many shows!
26th March 2007 10:18 AM
oldkr the good seats will come they always do! - look at twick last time around 60 quid 4th row - weeks after the first drop! its happened a bunch of times!

but who are the special guests??

OLDKR
26th March 2007 10:24 AM
nasalwizard My dream special guests would be The Black Crowes or Aerosmith...i think it will be a band Michael Cohl can book very cheaply to save money...someone like Feeder again
26th March 2007 10:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
the good seats will come they always do! - look at twick last time around 60 quid 4th row - weeks after the first drop! its happened a bunch of times!

but who are the special guests??

OLDKR

yeah they'll pop up for sure as always, but in presales while they hold tickets back quite often its unusual to not even make a certain price level available for hours

"Plus Special guests" just means "plus support". Nothing more. theres no support acts confirmed yet for any shows.
26th March 2007 10:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
My dream special guests would be The Black Crowes or Aerosmith...i think it will be a band Michael Cohl can book very cheaply to save money...someone like Feeder again

Slane tends to have several acts on the bill. There could be 2-3 opening acts.

I think I read that the doors open (or the show begins) around 3 pm. The promoters have already mentioned that unlike 1982 the Stones will be onstage when its dark. It doesnt get dark in Ireland in late August until about 9.30.

Even if the show begins at 4, and the Stones come on at 8.30, thats time enough for several bands.
[Edited by Gazza]
26th March 2007 10:27 AM
Flairville Most presales and public sales differ in availability. Last year I got A3 row 2 for Twickenham 1 for £60 with my legacy code, an hour after the presale began. Many weeks later Blocks A1 and A6 dropped for £60. Todays Slane presale does seem odd, probably just a mistake on TM's part that they've rectified due to email complaints. The best bet is to check the ticket sites every day, I'll be doing this anyway, and things usually work out for the best! Persistence pays off.
26th March 2007 11:11 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
My dream special guests would be The Black Crowes or Aerosmith...i think it will be a band Michael Cohl can book very cheaply to save money...someone like Feeder again

Wont happen. The chicken shit Stones will no longer hire bands that rock harder than them. They only book soft/poppy mtv kids bands.

worst thing the Stones could do would be to have a hard rock band like The Crowes or Aerosmith open for them. They know it. To have someone like Joe Perry put on a guitar clinic and rock hard and then have Woody come out waving a banana and Keith playing that light Chuck Berry shit he only seems capable of nowadays would only go to show everyone that emeperor has no clothes.
26th March 2007 12:39 PM
nasalwizard The black crowes opened for the Stones in the summer of '95..in paris and the three wembley shows
26th March 2007 12:42 PM
Saint Sway yeah, 12 years ago... back when Keith still played hard riffs...

wait until you see the laughable list of poppy opening acts for the Euro tour....

meanwhile, The Who have Rose Hill Drive opening. RHD is probably one of the hardest rockin new bands out there. But Pete isnt afraid to go on after them bc Pete can still rock.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
26th March 2007 01:42 PM
pdog The Stones in 95 are playing the same as they are now...
27th March 2007 08:32 AM
nasalwizard Their playing in '95 is a lot better than now i am afraid to say, it has been downhill since '95 , this tour has had more consistant playing than licks i would say
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)