ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie guest appearance at Art Wood tribute tonight Return to archive
25th March 2007 05:26 PM
Gazza Tonight is the "ART - a Musical Tribute and Celebration of the Life of Art Wood" show at York House in Twickenham

Just heard that Ronnie is now onstage with the Artwoods and Jon Lord (Deep Purple).

More info later. Thanks to Adrian-L for the text message.
[Edited by Gazza]
25th March 2007 05:30 PM
glencar Very nice!
25th March 2007 05:37 PM
Gazza
25th March 2007 06:03 PM
Gazza Last song before encore "Hoochie Coochie Man"

Geno Washington onstage for the encore

25th March 2007 06:35 PM
fireontheplatter ron wood looks good in that pinkish shirt...it looks a lot like the one mick wears in the btb official vhs video.
great photos......
25th March 2007 06:47 PM
Gazza They're done with a cellphone so its nice to get them uploaded so fast. Should have a couple more, plus no doubt some regular camera photos by tomorrow as i know quite a few folks who went.
25th March 2007 06:50 PM
Gazza Ronnie played from around 10.10 pm until the finale ("Midnight Special") which ended at 10.55.

He sang with Ali McKenzie, but didnt do any solo singing. Apparently, when Kenny Jones and his 'gang' were p;aying, some plaster from the ceiling fell in and the gig was halted for about ten minutes whilst the structure was checked before it got the all-clear!!!
25th March 2007 07:06 PM
Gazza
25th March 2007 08:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the news, Gazza.. And thanks, Adrian for sending the Photos!
25th March 2007 09:21 PM
Gazza One more before bedtime

Thanks to Paulywaul for e-mailing me this one.
25th March 2007 11:22 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
One more before bedtime

Thanks to Paulywaul for e-mailing me this one.

Great shot! Thanks Gazza...and AdrianL and Paulywaul.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
25th March 2007 11:26 PM
rogerriffin Thanks Gazza!

As You, Ronnie Wood Rules!

Anyone knows the setlist???
25th March 2007 11:30 PM
moy WOOD RECALLS LAST MOMENTS WITH DYING BROTHER

26/03/2007 02:09

ROLLING STONE stars RONNIE WOOD and SIR MICK JAGGER found themselves in the same London hospital last November (06) when the rockers' closest relatives died in the same week.

Much was made of the death of Jagger's father JOE, but the news overshadowed the passing of Wood's musician brother ART. Ironically, both Art Wood and Joe Jagger died within a week of each other - in the same Richmond hospital.

Wood tells British music magazine Mojo, "Art was in Kingston Hospital and within the same week Mick was there to see his father off. It was a strange week for us.

Very emotionally tiring." The double Stones tragedy came as the group were completing touring commitments in North America and Wood is grateful his brother waited for the rocker to fly back to London and say his goodbyes. The guitarist recalls, "When I walked in (the room)... he said, 'Oh f**k.' I think they were his last words. "We had four hours together.

He couldn't talk, but we were communicating. I had all these wires and needles removed from him. "I held his hand and said, 'Art, your spirit and your love will last forever.'"
26th March 2007 02:00 AM
riccardo Anyone recorded the show?
26th March 2007 10:28 AM
Saint Sway thanks for the 411 on this Gazza

you are worthy of another appreciation thread
26th March 2007 11:29 AM
De Meeuw who have this on cd ????????
gr Ray
26th March 2007 12:09 PM
Martha "I held his hand and said, 'Art, your spirit and your love will last forever.'"

Ronnie is the kindest, sweetest soul. What a wonderful way to say goodbye to a brother.

Thanks so much for the photos and the articles.

Jon Lord was there?! Lordy!

26th March 2007 12:16 PM
Gazza Paulywaul has e-mailed me a shitload of photos from this gig. I'll upload as many as I can later when I get home

Apparently the whole show lasted for about FIVE hours.
[Edited by Gazza]
26th March 2007 12:20 PM
Martha FIVE hours?! Hell YES!

I'm having a flashback moment!

;-)
26th March 2007 02:55 PM
Gazza

All pix by Paulywaul.

The two singers performing with Ronnie are Ali Campbell (of the Artwoods) and Geno Washington
[Edited by Gazza]
26th March 2007 11:28 PM
Bitch Ronnie looks thoughtful, how nice of him to honor his brother in this way. What a wonderful tribute to the family. Thanks for posting this. Did they play any Stones songs?
27th March 2007 03:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Ronnie looks thoughtful, how nice of him to honor his brother in this way. What a wonderful tribute to the family. Thanks for posting this. Did they play any Stones songs?

Ronnie played on the following songs :

Kansas City, Got My Mojo Workin, Hoochie Coochie Man and High Heeled Sneakers
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)