ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You Are What You Eat Return to archive
25th March 2007 03:54 PM
fireontheplatter the other day i recieved a wonderful birthday gift from a friend in the mail. it arrived in a sizeable box and came from jackson hole, wy. i kind of knew what it was, but wasn't sure. i opened the cardboard box and inside was a styrofoam container. i was like... what is this?
inside were 5 buffalo sirloin steaks and two packages of buffalo broutwurst. all the contents were frozen because of dry ice.
i wasn't mad hungry at the time, so i waited until this morning to dig in. and let me tell you...the broutwurst is all gane.
i have tried venison a few times before and a lot of times i find it has that 'gamey' taste to it. not so much with buffalo meat.
i have compassion for animals and fish. i wish i could live off bark of tree, but this stuff is awesome.

just a few facts from the brocher they sent me....

Important differences when compared to beef include:

*70% to 90% less fat [depending on meat cut]
*An average of 50% less cholesterol
*Higer in protein and fewer calories
*No growth inducing hormones, steroids or antibiotics
*No known human allergies to Buffalo or Elk meat
*Higher in iron and beta-carotene
*Helps to fight against cancer

and just one other thing

Nutritional Value of Buffalo and Elk [compared to other meats]

Based on 3oz serving calories fat cholesterol
Bison 93 1.8g 43mg
Elk 94 3.0g 40mg
Beef 183 8.7g 55mg
Turkey [skinless] 125 3.0g 59mg
Chicken " 140 3.0g 73mg
Fish 125 3.0g 59mg

it is not like i get and buy and eat this stuff everyday people. it is just something new and i recommend it. there we address is www.buybuffalomeat.com
there # is 1-800-543-6328

these beasts are free range and grass fed....they say they feed them corn for the last six weeks before slaughter because it makes the meat a bit more tender.

hardly a stones topic, but i think mick and the boys would prefer this than micky d's or bk or wendy's or taco bell

bon appitite
25th March 2007 04:21 PM
mojoman and the meat I eat for dinner
Must be hung up for a week
25th March 2007 04:55 PM
glencar Huh?

"hardly a stones topic, but i think mick and the boys would prefer this than micky d's or bk or wendy's or taco bell"

Running for the border every few weeks is fun!
25th March 2007 06:19 PM
gimmekeef Taco Bell still has the cheapest gas......
25th March 2007 06:48 PM
glencar Especially these days!
25th March 2007 07:28 PM
lotsajizz careful...they sue!
25th March 2007 08:04 PM
BILL PERKS MY BEST FRIEND HE SHOOTS WATER RATS AND FEEDS THEM TO HIS GEESE
25th March 2007 08:10 PM
mojoman rats...its whats for dinner
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)