ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stone Ronnie's portrait of marriage Return to archive
25th March 2007 02:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Rolling Stone Ronnie's portrait of marriage
By David Harrison., Sunday Telegraph
25/03/2007

Most husbands might celebrate 22 years of marriage with a well-chosen gift and a nice meal out. But Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood is not most husbands.

Guitarist Ronnie Woods has painted pictures of his wife Jo for three decades

The guitarist is marking one of rock and roll's most enduring partnerships with an exhibition of his paintings of his wife, Jo, 52. The pictures, painted over the 30 years since they first got together, have never been on public show before, and range from the warm and intimate to the decidedly risqué.

Up to 60 watercolours, oil paintings and line drawings will go on show in an exhibition called "Josephine" at the Scream gallery in Mayfair on Thursday. "It's kind of the story of our marriage expressed through art," Wood, 59, revealed. "Jo has been my muse." The Rolling Stones guitarist has painted many rock artists and actors and his works has fetched tens of thousands of pounds in the past.

Some of the paintings of Jo will be on sale, a prospect that leaves her a little nervous.

"He's not selling any of the ones with me naked," she said. "I find the idea of a painting of me naked on somebody else's wall a bit weird."
25th March 2007 07:01 AM
glencar Jo keeps Ronnie grounded.
25th March 2007 07:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Fear of airplanes keeps Bill Wyman grounded.
25th March 2007 09:04 AM
fireontheplatter a sixer keeps me grounded.
25th March 2007 09:09 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I have a small machine that keeps the coffee beans grounded.
25th March 2007 09:22 PM
parmeda Two questions:

Where is this Scream gallery?

Is anyone going?
25th March 2007 09:30 PM
Gazza Per the article, its in Mayfair - ie central London.
25th March 2007 09:35 PM
parmeda Thank you, kindly.

You going?
26th March 2007 07:55 AM
Gazza You offerin' ?

A bit short notice and a 400-mile flight away, so afraid not...
26th March 2007 07:55 AM
Gazza You offerin' ?

A bit short notice and a 400-mile flight away, so afraid not...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)