ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie - Keith - Bon Scott Return to archive
24th March 2007 04:38 AM
Pierre Hello,

Read that Ronnie, Keith and Ronnie were very closed. They met in Paris during the Some Girls sessions. Do you have any information about that ? Thanks and... see you in Lyon !
24th March 2007 06:31 AM
Homercles I've never heard that story but it wouldn't surprise me if there was some element of truth to it. I recall Keith was full of praise for AC/DC's Powerage album, and Keith being the man that he is probably would've got on like a house on fire with Bon.
24th March 2007 07:03 AM
Prodigal Son If Bon could have only learned from Keith, he wouldn't have gotten wasted and made the mistake of sleeping in the backseat of a car with his head in a position prone to choking on vomit. He'd still be alive, damnit! After nights of heavy drinking, I bet Keith remembers to sleep facing downward. He taught it to Ronnie and whaddya know, after all these years of boozing it up not a single Stone has died of asphyxiation from vomit! Drowning in pools, is another matter but Keith wasn't in full party-man mode by that point so who was to teach Brian Jones?
24th March 2007 08:06 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
After nights of heavy drinking, I bet Keith remembers to sleep facing downward.

isn't it more like pre-pass out preparation?
24th March 2007 01:31 PM
batcave
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
If Bon could have only learned from Keith, he wouldn't have gotten wasted and made the mistake of sleeping in the backseat of a car with his head in a position prone to choking on vomit. He'd still be alive, damnit! After nights of heavy drinking, I bet Keith remembers to sleep facing downward. He taught it to Ronnie and whaddya know, after all these years of boozing it up not a single Stone has died of asphyxiation from vomit! Drowning in pools, is another matter but Keith wasn't in full party-man mode by that point so who was to teach Brian Jones?

Unfortunately, being placed on your stomach face down after a heavy night of drinking doesn't always prevent you from choking on vomit. John Bonham's widow will tell you that.
24th March 2007 01:48 PM
gimmekeef After we lost Mama Cass...I stopped eating ham sandwhiches.
26th March 2007 03:12 PM
TALK IS CHEAP
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
After we lost Mama Cass...I stopped eating ham sandwhiches.

a year or two ago, mama cass's son wrote to either q or mojo to state that she had died of a heart attack and not choked on a ham sandwich. The ham sandwich was innocent! It's just become another rock n roll myth, just like the mars bar.
Even Marianne will tell you that in 1967, you couldn't get king-sized mars bars.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)